Southwest prices all over the place

On opening day, MCO to BDL on 10/26 was $178, I believe. I waited and waited and didn’t book it and watched it go up to $228, so I waited some more.

I just logged in today and that flight was $121 so I booked. I’m glad I waited.

I agree with the PP that said you don’t always get the best prices on opening day any longer. Sometimes it pays to wait.

It must be the airline industry as a whole. I’ve been tracking JetBlue prices for the last month or so for our trip in July. I’ve seen flights drop as much as $30 and rise as much as $70 in a day, one way. Unfortunately I’ve never had a feel for knowing when to buy, otherwise I’d be one of them bitcoin millionaires.

This is all very interesting. I will be online early in the morning to check flights for our December trip. I'm not wanting to book it though until the middle of June. We have $200 in vouchers that expire the end of October, but Southwest told me that I can extend them 6 months, but only 6 months from the time I call. So the earliest I can call would be the middle of June to book a flight the middle of December. I just hope I'm lucky enough that the price goes down in the next few weeks.

On opening day, MCO to BDL on 10/26 was $178, I believe. I waited and waited and didn’t book it and watched it go up to $228, so I waited some more.

I just logged in today and that flight was $121 so I booked. I’m glad I waited.

I agree with the PP that said you don’t always get the best prices on opening day any longer. Sometimes it pays to wait.

We fly out of BDL as well. My flights open up tomorrow for our November trip and i am really wondering if i should hold off on pulling the trigger. It really sounds like i would be better off getting a SW credit card to use the points which sounds like they can be returned if there is a price drop. My problem is that i don't fly too often so getting a credit would likely just go to waste. It is such a confusing game!

We fly out of BDL as well. My flights open up tomorrow for our November trip and i am really wondering if i should hold off on pulling the trigger. It really sounds like i would be better off getting a SW credit card to use the points which sounds like they can be returned if there is a price drop. My problem is that i don't fly too often so getting a credit would likely just go to waste. It is such a confusing game!

I would say book if it's at a price that you could live with. I was really surprised that for me the price opened up at $178. I am really glad I waited in this case. I agree with you about the credits, I'll get them but I rarely can use them because I fly maybe twice/year.

Good luck!

Anyone able to book past November yet? Logged in at 6am and nothing there past Nov 3 yet. I checked the schedule release page and it now says June 28 for release through March 6!!

I fly SW frequently and have never seen the multistops cheaper than the direct like they have been running -often over $100 less.

Our SW prices keep climbing! They are definitely cheapest opening day. I checked this morning and our PHL to MCO is now $377 (that’s one way folks!). We paid around $150 for that leg. The home bound flight has a similar increase.

We bought flights in Aug the first day open for the trip we took early May. I checked 18 million times during those months. We started about $300 RT , it never went down. Not counting JUST before trip where it's just crazy, our flights went up by almost $200.

Anyone able to book past November yet? Logged in at 6am and nothing there past Nov 3 yet. I checked the schedule release page and it now says June 28 for release through March 6!!
I was able to get my flights booked around 8am. So glad i jumped on it because I was able to get BDL to MCO for $109 each way ($218 RT)!! Much better than the $400 Rt we paid for our april trip.

I looked back at the flights an hour later and our returned went up by $20 -- It is such a game booking flights

I booked my flights out of Manchester because I though Boston didn't have any nonstop, well they have some again and they are $80 cheaper. I'm not happy, but at least we can sleep a little longer for the flights I do have.

I booked my flights out of Manchester because I though Boston didn't have any nonstop, well they have some again and they are $80 cheaper. I'm not happy, but at least we can sleep a little longer for the flights I do have.

When/where are you flying? I’m looking at my dates for December (which I booked out of PVD) out of BOS and I don’t see any nonstops to MCO. I’ve never seen nonstop on Southwest from BOS to MCO, only from PVD or MHT.

Waiting around to see if our return flights drop. Couldnt book a split fare to get the sale fare due to children needing to be booked with an adult. Checked spirit airlines and their pricing is even higher than southwest at this moment!:headache: I’m glad to hear that some cities still have those tickets near 100 dollars each way. It’s been 5 years since I’ve lived near a city that offers those cheaper tickets.

I have never booked Southwest before, I always fly Delta but I was getting flights in the $1300 to $1400 range (Us funds, and as a Canadian add the exchange rate...YIKES and without any free bags). I was able to snag a non-stop flight from Detroit to Orlando for $114 each...which is AMAZING to me. The return flight times are awful and SO long so I am going to wait to buy those as they are priced between $280-$350 for flights with 2 layovers and are 7 hours long. Im hoping the prices go down a bit or we might never be able to come home...

I’m super disappointed in airfare out of dca to mco this year! I got it for half this years listed fares last year... I think this may the first trip we drive simply because I can save over $500

I’m super disappointed in airfare out of dca to mco this year! I got it for half this years listed fares last year... I think this may the first trip we drive simply because I can save over $500
Agree with you about DCA, but all three Washington Airports are super high. I will wait and watch multiple times a day as I need it for six of us.

When/where are you flying? I’m looking at my dates for December (which I booked out of PVD) out of BOS and I don’t see any nonstops to MCO. I’ve never seen nonstop on Southwest from BOS to MCO, only from PVD or MHT.

Looks like they're doing 1 nonstop on Saturdays only down and back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!