South Garden Wing at CR

Mrs.A

Wants a Castle like Cinderellas
We would need a non-smoking room, (due to sons allergies) I know that the second floor rooms are non smoking. My question is can you smell the smoke from the first and third floors? What would my chance be for the North Garden Wing that is all non smoking? I know this is reserved for SOG. South Garden Wing would be just fine we would not mind the walk to the tower etc. Just don't want to smell smoke. Sorry so long.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mrs. A this is my fear also. We are staying at the CR in July and are not SOG. Also allergies for both myself and my 9 year old grandson. Hoping this won't be a diaster for us. I read that N. Wing was all SOG and that getting into that side were slim.

We had reservations last December. When I spoke to CRO, they assured me that SOG only had 2 floors at the NGW, not the 1st floor. They assured me that they would honor our request for a North Garden Wing room - first floor, close to the Tower Building for medical reasons. DH has severe allergies, and was recovering from his third case of pneumonia in 14 months! When we got there to check in, we got there around 1 pm - so weren't expecting the room to be ready. When DH asked the CM where we would be located - he said, you already know that - it says right here you made requests. Then he printed out keys. We were shocked when he took out the map, and circled a SOUTH GARDEN WING ROOM, 1st floor - close to Bay Lake!! Way more walking than DH needed, on a smoking floor!!! We told the CM this was unacceptable, that we had been promised a NON-smoking room in the NGW. DH tried to get him to give us a quote on how much it would cost to upgrade to the tower - he never acknowledged the question - just disappeared in the back room for about 5 minutes, then printed out new keys again - WITHOUT CHECKING WITH US!! DH again tried to find out about the upgrade pricing - but the CM just said here - this room is available now - non-smoking, closest to the Tower Entrance. We were now 2nd floor, SGW. I was going to argue, but my kids were starting to wilt, so DH said, "Let's just check it out - if it's at all smoky, we'll come back. Well, the room itself was fine. We had a direct view of the pool, which was quiet, as it was quite cool. You could also see the Water Pageant from the room. The only place we sometimes noticed smoke was in the elevator, and it was very faint.

As you can tell from my screen name - I love the CR, and haved stayed in both the NGW, the Tower Building, and now the SGW. I have been lucky enough to get the room area in the NGW nearest to the Tower Building - but the SGW just doesn't have the same magic - it is a longer walk to get to the escalators, food court for refills, etc. If you are going to use the pool a lot though, it is very easy access. We did make one quick run to let the girls work off some excess energy, while we soaked in the hot tub!

We were in SGW in december. I can smell stale smoke a mile off, and I really didn't notice it on the first floor!!!!! It actually took me a couple days to notice that we didn't have the little non-smoking sign on the room door, believe it or not. I forgot to confirm at the front desk, but I've never not gotten a non-smoking room before.

Guess the smokers were extremely considerate when we were there, and we were at the very end of the hall. (Great view, though.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter