• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Son's surfboard stolen

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
I bought one of my sons a surfboard for Christmas. This was a major purchase for me since DH had been out of work for quite awhile. My son had been using one that was very bad. It is especially upsetting since my home is a surf base for alot of the local boys. They keep their boards on my back porch, and frequently sleep here, and eat here. I love having these boys around, they keep me young. What makes it worst is that I am taking a group of my two sons and nine additional teens to Hatteras for a surfing trip over Easter break. I really can't afford to replace this board by then. I'm going to file a complaint with the police department, and check the surf shops to see if somebody tried to sell them the board. I know most of the local boys who are decent teens. I feel heartbroken for my boy who was so looking forward to this trip. He had only used the board once, a couple of days ago and it was taken from the back of my yard.

I am so sorry that this happened to your son. Would your homeowner's insurance cover it? Might want to check and see if it does and maybe the deductible won't be to high.

nope, deductable is too high. I still can't believe it. I know most of the local boys, from 7th grade thru college. If they see anyone this summer using this board they will help me out. But that won't help me right now.

I'm so sorry someone took your son's board. I don't understand people who take things that don't belong to them.

I went to the local surf shops today. Two of them reported somebody trying to sell a board that sounds just like my son's, but they didn't need any boards so they didn't buy it. I would guess he went to the next town over, where there are alot more shops, and unloaded it. Not one shop has a used board for near what I paid for this one. They only have the higher priced ones.
It is especially bothersome because I am such a friend to the local surfer boys. They all leave their boards on my porch, they can always come in for a snack or a drink, etc. (not everybody, but any of the boys who are friends with my son) They are generally a tight knit bunch. And it might not even be a surfer who took the board. Just kinda beat.

Are you sure that you would have to pay the deductible? When DS's bike was stolen our homeowners policy covered it with no deductible.

We rent, and I have a cheapy rental policy. I think I would have done better if it had been taken from my car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter