Something About Nothing ... #12

I checked out the flight prices on SW today and our fares were down $20 per person so at least we all get a flight credit to use later...maybe a good excuse to visit in December to see the Christmas decorations....or for Mardi Gras next year....:teleport:

Us too Charade. Tomorrow is to have periods of heavy rain, 4 inches or so before the day is done. I am getting tired of this rainy days and days.

Yay Tink. I would be very happy for lower fare. Just booked our August trip, as little one thought yes for sure. Kinda scared me, as said we took the last 2 cheap seats on the way down. I guess even at 6 am, the only direct flight fills the plane. I really like SW, and they tend to be the cheapest, but significantly cutting out direct flights bums me out.

It’s been busy here and trying to catchup on all that has been posted

Tried to use my iMac earlier to post as I do better on the keyboard than using two thumbs on the iPhone to type

So a general hope all are doing okay tonight
And wish safe travels and good health for all homies and their families

My mother passed a few years ago and some of you probably remember that journey I was on
Today would have been her birthday

I moved them up to be with me for their last 3 years of their lives

Could not continue driving to St Louis area each week to tend to them and their needs
Four years of doing that became too great for me
Looking back, that time went by either ages ago or last week

I did bury them in Florida about 19 months ago

Enjoy your moms and give them a hug

Ooh , that is great Robbie. Sounds like you are all ready, and paid. That gets a wahoo.

Just for September. Still have to save money for what little food I'll need to buy pre and post cruise, food for one of our ports, and the rest of an excursion I have booked. While also saving up for everything for the October trip. Luckily I won't need much for September so most of my saving can go towards October.

Mac, I have a mother's day tradition of planting a yellow rose bush (my mama's favorite) in honor of my mother. It helps to keep her memory alive for me and I have beautiful flowers to remind me of her every year. I know your pain :hug:

Trey gave me 2 beautiful yellow tree roses for mother's day this year.

Rapstar- Yay for paying off the vacays!!

Lynne & Charade- Hope the rains aren't as bad as they say! It's coming our way on Saturday.

Tink- Love Southwest and especially yay for credits!! I love your tribute to your mom! :grouphug:

Mac-:grouphug: I know that your parents are smiling down on you. I lost my dad last March and it's still hard some days- but especially for my mom. She lives with my sister now and we take care of her but can't take my dad's place.

Us too Charade. Tomorrow is to have periods of heavy rain, 4 inches or so before the day is done. I am getting tired of this rainy days and days.
I think we should plan a road trip to someplace sunny and dry. How does Las Vegas sound?

I’ll get to do that in June. I am always amazed at how well my mom is doing considering she is a 3 time cancer survivor. She will be 85 exactly one month from today.

Lynne & Charade- Hope the rains aren't as bad as they say! It's coming our way on Saturday.
It’s not looking good. We are supposed to have rain until Sunday.

Rapstar - I haven’t met you yet. I joined the boards last year when I was planning a trip to Universal.

Tink - I thought I quoted your post but it didn’t show up. You have a beautiful mother’s day tradition. My mom’s favorite color is yellow.

I should get some sleep, but I am also hungry. I guess I’ll go raid the kitchen and see if there is anything to snack on. I really need to get tot he grocery store.

Hugs to those with anniversaries/birthdays of those who have lost a beloved family member. I love the idea of planting something in honor-the rebirth each year can hopefully bring some joy.

So hubs is determined to cut over to I95 and drive along the coast to Jacksonville where we are meeting his "other daughter" for first time. We are stopping in Macon for the night in just a bit. Anyone with more local news to see how the weather/roads might be? While I've always wanted to see Savannah not in a monsoon!
Ready to get out of car...

Charade- I can't sleep if too hungry either but I don't like to eat before laying down. Usually a small cup of cocoa does the trick.

You made good time if in Macon now

I’m north of that city

We had slight rain for 30 minutes then it was over

My guess is you did not run into rain

Get a good nights sleep and safe travels
Have a sweet day Friday with your new daughter
It should be exciting for both of you!

MonyK, I hope joy for your day, and not the rainy day we are having. Safe travels.

That is a beautiful memorial way of remembering your mom Tink. I am a rose fan, and fellow ones are pretty.

Eh, Dis was not working for me, so gave up to read my mail, and yay, can post now.

6F2426BD-CB97-4492-B07D-51AB1E116A99.gif

Oh yes it is. My Dsis asked if I wanted to take the day off, and have lunch with her. Not a problem.

Older one wants to go shopping with me, as he needs slides. If he pays for breakfast, done.

So, fantastic Friday, hugs and good thoughts to all the homies, and get well and mummy dust to those homies in need.

Hey, the weekend is enfolding as Friday passes by. Wahoo! Even if a very wet one. 7 inches in 36 hours, duck weather. Splash!

Hugs to those with anniversaries/birthdays of those who have lost a beloved family member. I love the idea of planting something in honor-the rebirth each year can hopefully bring some joy.

So hubs is determined to cut over to I95 and drive along the coast to Jacksonville where we are meeting his "other daughter" for first time. We are stopping in Macon for the night in just a bit. Anyone with more local news to see how the weather/roads might be? While I've always wanted to see Savannah not in a monsoon!
Ready to get out of car...

Charade- I can't sleep if too hungry either but I don't like to eat before laying down. Usually a small cup of cocoa does the trick.

Hope the meet goes well with the young lady..........:hug:

Sun is shining again this morning........sat with a coffee overlooking the lagoon between the two hotels while the sun came up above RPR. Beautiful.

Breakfast will be pastries and coffee in our suite I think......not overly hungry this morning. Then off out somewhere nice........not decided where yet.

Friday...........:wave2:

Good morning everyone :wave:

EB61E30E-8049-4190-977C-1E5F9CED6824.jpeg

4D2CE498-BEC0-4BB8-8680-40BF3A4B2DDF.jpeg

My mother passed a few years ago and some of you probably remember that journey I was on

Hugs dear Kneester :hug:

Just for September. Still have to save money for what little food I'll need to buy pre and post cruise, food for one of our ports, and the rest of an excursion I have booked. While also saving up for everything for the October trip. Luckily I won't need much for September so most of my saving can go towards October.

Good to see you back here and glad to here of your vacation plans. Vacations are something to celebrate. Congratulations on the job promotion.

Mac, I have a mother's day tradition of planting a yellow rose bush (my mama's favorite) in honor of my mother. It helps to keep her memory alive for me and I have beautiful flowers to remind me of her every year. I know your pain :hug:

Tink what a wonderful way to remember your mom :hug:

hubs is determined to cut over to I95 and drive along the coast to Jacksonville where we are meeting his "other daughter" for first time.

Safe continued travels to you and your family’s and praying you all have a lovely meeting with your new daughter.

Older one wants to go shopping with me, as he needs slides. If he pays for breakfast, done.

Lynne enjoy your breakfast out this morning.

Sun is shining again this morning........sat with a coffee overlooking the lagoon between the two hotels while the sun came up above RPR. Beautiful.

Sounds like a great view for morning coffee. Wishing you and your hubby a continued good time with lots of new adventures on your vacation.

Morning! The forecast keeps changing so maybe I'll get to see Savannah in non rain weather lol!
I'm up but other two are a snoozin' still - time for coffee and shower and then venture to breakfast.

mac- are you near I75 at all?
Texting my 12 year old at home (FiL staying with the kids) to make sure he doesn't forget stuff! Had cuddle chicken already for morning snuggle.

Happy Friday!

TGIF

I checked out the flight prices on SW today and our fares were down $20 per person so at least we all get a flight credit to use later...maybe a good excuse to visit in December to see the Christmas decorations....or for Mardi Gras next year....:teleport:

Hey, enough of those little credits and it’s easy to book a dummy reservation (or series of), cancel and have a single credit with which to roll. Just remember the value starts ticking the date you originally booked & all funds added to the pot inherit it too.

The airfare DH bought for trip down last year after Thanksgiving literally took my breath away. I initially refused to pay it. It was his ‘gift’ to me as he put it. Said he knew i’d watch it like a hawk and gather those small credits. Sure enough, wound up dropping like a rock and had enough to book almost the entire RT airfare for recent trip. For once i was happy when he crowed “I told you so” :)

It’s been busy here and trying to catchup on all that has been posted

Tried to use my iMac earlier to post as I do better on the keyboard than using two thumbs on the iPhone to type

So a general hope all are doing okay tonight
And wish safe travels and good health for all homies and their families

I moved them up to be with me for their last 3 years of their lives

Could not continue driving to St Louis area each week to tend to them and their needs
Four years of doing that became too great for me
Looking back, that time went by either ages ago or last week

I did bury them in Florida about 19 months ago

Hugs! Know that you did right by your parents! Try to focus on the good times and know, as sure as the sun rises each day, that with each passing year those milestone dates will loom less and not pull on your heartstrings quite so hard.

Trey gave me 2 beautiful yellow tree roses for mother's day this year.

That is a lovely sentiment. Sure sounds like you raised your kids right, lady!

Good afternoon all! Been a busy day! Had today off- I've been cutting grass all day!! We have almost an acre of land so it takes forever! and with all the rain and fertilizer sprayed it was so long I had to cut it twice!! I'm exhausted!

Have to get ready as we're volunteering at DS old high school tonight- they're having a meat raffle and DH and I are the "money counters". Fun event and for a good cause!

Hope everyone has a great night!

Current weather conditions:
2wc30vo.jpg

Today was errand day. Went to Walmart to buy general toiletries and laundry stuff. Then went to Kohls to look for a pair of navy pants. Found a nice pair, but even the “short” size was too long. Ended up buying a shirt and bedroom slippers instead. Also had to go to the post office because we finally ran out of the roll of stamps we bought 7 or 8 years ago.
Dh is at baccalaureate tonight and B is at a dance rehearsal. I was going to watch another Avegers movie tonight, but B wants to see it too, so I am waiting until tomorrow morning.

MonyK - I hope you get good weather for Savannah. It’s a really nice city to visit. We have been a couple of times (B is a Girl Scout, so it’s almost required to go), but we have had a run of bad luck when we visit. I’d like to try going again one more time before B graduates. Maybe the third time will be the charm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter