Something About Nothing ... #12

Where you do go for food, make sure they have booze there

Hot day here for me but looks like rain soon

Lol......of course........since you insist........:rotfl:

Having a rum revival cocktail right now........still in StrongWater........thunderstorm still going but fading away.......lovely watching it out the window........

Hope you don’t get too much rain........:wave2:

Should be starting to sort and pack but eh-did get wash started, cooked dinner (pan roasted fish with proscuitto, lemon, wine, caper sauce (sounds fancy but super duper easy!) risotto, green beans. Think I am going to use the frozen lasagne tomorrow so the kids have leftovers for a couple days (Father in law coming to stay with younger 2).
wine in hand, actually multitasking as listening in on-line training with one of my companies. I actually know this stuff but it is really nice refresher, and free CEU's that can go towards my license.
Monyk, France?
We have been talking a Europe trip for a few years-derailed by Disney (2014 because DH company had annual meeting there and we hadn't been in 10 years, 2015 because I didn't get enough and I wanted to do Star wars weekends, and then this past fall and now summer because we have a CM in family). Took oldest to Washington DC for her senior trip over spring break her senior year.

Now, my "mature" age problem is that I wake up at 2 or 3am and can't get back to sleep
This is my problem exactly. It really is a chemical brain issue. Melatonin helps-I usually take 15 mg. Also I use earplugs at night, as my DH also has snoring at times.
However I have been taking Claritin-D past couple days and that takes appetite away and also makes me not sleep well-but I'd be scratching eyes without it this time of year.

Looks like pretty good rain chances while we are Florida-waterpark day may be a washout. Ah well, we will find something to do for the day!

Monyk
I know what you can do if it is a rain out day for the parks.....

Have a glass of wine with Schumi

Have safe travels and a great vacation

Agavegirl, hope you are still reading the sans

Been thinking of you and your pending surgery

I know you are a hurting cowboy but once you have your surgery, you will be on the road to improvement

Robbie, shoot up a flare once you are back home and let us know how you are doing
Hope you are pain free soon

Hugs to all the homies here reading along

Woosh of wind, then downpour, then hours of lighter rain and lots of lightning strikes, and loud thunder. Right after dinner.

No sunny day until at least Tuesday next week. Boo. Rain and more rain even through the weekend.

News is tiring, and so am I.

Can leave the light on. Peaceful, and sound sleep to all the homies.

Hope all the homies had a good night, after we weathered the storm. Even the City got a rainbow. But, since the low that created that storm, is sitting over shore, another low system is coming by Friday, so periods of heavy rain will be our forecast for the next 5 days. I was complaining of a gray winter, well, this has been a gray May. Hello? I want just long periods of beautiful weather.

And, it's a sweet 16 of a day, that's right the middle of May, and a Wednesday. Hello camel,
images
I see you're colorful today. Yep, need that in this gray of a day. But, hump day it is, and Friday will be there before you blink. Those of us week day workers, hey, only 2 more days of work.

With that, tea and breakfast already eaten, may get another cup of tea, as it's muggy inside and out. I wonder if the chillers will be cranked up soon. Then I'll need lots of cups of tea.

Have a wonderful, wacky Wednesday homies.

images

Good morning all!!

Hope all of those traveling are having a fun time!!

Lynne- sorry about all the rain! Hope you get sun before Tuesday!! Yesterday was a dreary rainy day but ended up clearing out. Today is very nice- sunny and 75!! We're getting the rain this weekend. The weather hasn't been very kind to any of us this year!!

images

Good morning all. Had a good day yesterday. I met up with a friend I haven’t seen in 10 years or more. I just wish we had more time to spend together. Last night was B’s last band concert of the school year. It lasted almost 3 hours. The band teacher recognizes every graduating senior.

Stormy this morning here- bad hair day!! But later going to get a cut and color- have to get in every 5 weeks so I never will know if I'm getting gray hairs!
I just colored my hair on Monday. I’ve had gray hair since high school. Sometimes I think I want to just let it all go gray, but haven’t had the courage to do that yet.

Ha, you cat people. I properly trained my dogs to not get up until I did. Even worked if you had to do a bathroom run, if you went straight back to bed, they didn't move until you were up for good. Maybe you could train an old cat new tricks? LOL
Train a cat? You’re funny. Our main problem is that Caspian hates it when we close doors and will sit outside and howl. If we let him in the room with us he will keep us awake by climbing over the dressers and knocking stuff off.

Right? We get back from our cruise on my middles 16th. She is not too happy a camper about that, but we did start making tentative plans for her graduation trip in (gulp) 2 years-France for 2 weeks it is. Will probably pay MF on the timeshare for 2 years in advance so I can deposit the weeks and start the search. I have friend in Germany that I would love to take a couple days to go see as well. Also planted but in MiL ear to come with us...
France? Wow, what a nice graduation trip. We offered B a trip, but her first choice was New Zealand. Unfortunately that is not on the budget. Her second choice was Hollywood, so we will have a Southern California trip next year.

The only thing I do not like with melatonin is having vivid dreams
I have vivid dreams without supplements. Some of them can be really strange.

Had lovely time in Studios..........warm and sunny.......Fast and Furious SUCKS!!! Not as bad as Jimmy Fallon.....but almost......
Just curious, what is it about the ride that makes it so terrible? I haven’t heard any good things about it yet.

Guess I should go and get back to work. Lunch in just an hour.

Charade, that's funny, we have a inside door to our bathroom, and our male lab would cry if he couldn't get in. So, to this day, we tend not to close that inside door. He jumped in the shower one time, that was a shock to my DH. Funny your cat does howl if not let in your room.

I'm ready for lunch too, Charade.

Good Morning Patty, yep, some rain and gray days in store for us. I'm just glad it's not snow.

Robo, I hope you are resting comfortably and sending good wishes your way. I hope you can send an owl to us, for an update, when you feel well enough to do so.

Had lovely time in Studios..........warm and sunny.......Fast and Furious SUCKS!!! Not as bad as Jimmy Fallon.....but almost........

One tiny rainshower as we got boat back to hotel....lasted a minute then gone.........

Off to Mall at Millenia...........

Oh, we totally agree, except I would say it is worse than Fallon. I was really hoping the complaints I read were exaggerated.

We spent yesterday down at Clearwater beach. Glad to see the sun shinning today.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Yay! More live reports from House and Schumi. Thank you both for letting us read about your trips so quickly. And yay for sunny and hot.

Hey all. Finally, some time to drive by. Not sure how people do those longer trips, way too much stuff piled up again this time waiting to pounce on me as i walked in the door lol

Rain, rain go away.

Andy returns, trip in hand woot. 1st, we loved our stay @ the Dolphin in April. Even better I snagged on priceline! What cruiseline/itinerary did you pick?

Sounds like a plan! We all enjoy Finnegans and Blues are a hoot sometimes. Sorry to hear fun is at the end, but hey, I know you'll be back again!

And, we'll be out your way at the end of the month. As it gets closer, if you're around, we may be able to say hello. Driving, so other than a walk to 3 or so hours at Pitt, we're game.

My DS who suffered the traumatic brain injury via auto accident sweet talked his neuro into giving him red light to return to work on a limited basis. seizure protocol = no driving for 6 months since he observed in the trauma unit as by product of accident. Nothing since, thank God, but the rules are there for a reason.

No bus service, direct or as early as he starts to work. I am, by default, his personal uber driver. First run today. Figure it will consume 5 hours a day, then another hour when football practice starts in the evening. Glad to help him and that he’s doing better but not sure i’m Ever going to get accustomed to waking @ 3 am.

Toss in having GD for the summer and very glad I only need solid 6 hours, will learn to roll with less lol

You're right!! The house can stay dirty another day! If only the kids(cats) that make it dirty could clean! I've wanted a roomba vacuum, but I think the cats would freak out if this vacuum were running around the room!

You relax today, too!!:):sunny:

I’d freak out if i had a roomba running around the house.

Quick drop in before I leave for Indy to wish all the moms a wonderful Mother’s Day

Schumi glad to hear you made it to Orlando safely. Enjoy your vacation in the Florida sun :sunny:

Pattyw go to Youtube and type in cat riding Roomba. It’s really cute.

A special Happy Mother’s Day to Mac the mother of the Sans crew

View attachment 322228

Mother Mac eh? :duck:I’m going with big sista or something, but get Robo’s lovely sentiment.

Hope you are feeling better every day!

Yes sending healing thoughts to Robo-hope recovery is speeding along nicely!
Procrastinating working again. And yet another night of poor sleep-although not feeling too bad (yet). Coffee in hand.
Chickens were screeching this am-not sure about what? At least the dog lets us sleep!

Right? We get back from our cruise on my middles 16th. She is not too happy a camper about that, but we did start making tentative plans for her graduation trip in (gulp) 2 years-France for 2 weeks it is. Will probably pay MF on the timeshare for 2 years in advance so I can deposit the weeks and start the search. I have friend in Germany that I would love to take a couple days to go see as well. Also planted but in MiL ear to come with us...

busy-we call this 4th quarter parenting (basically month of May) where parents are so dang tired and it seems to be busier than other times of year and you just have to keep chugging along.

Rain last night-yay-garden is sprouting up all over the place. Supposed to be 90 here on saturday while Orlando is in low 80's+rain (boo). May not be doing a waterpark day if storms all day.

got fish out for dinner...could easily do fish tacos...hmmm...

Talk about a grad trip! Holy cow, sweeeeet!

We did!!!!! Got to 88F.......much better than yesterday..........

And didn’t buy much........massive thunderstorm just finished......sitting in StrongWater watching it......just got in before the heavens opened........this is the way to watch a thunderstorm.........cocktail in hand, DH beside me and planning which hotel to eat in tonight...........

We did plan to go to Oceannaire for dinner later, but Tom’s had a beer.......so no :car: tonight.......

Either Sushi, StrongWater or Jakes..........:scratchin

Nice relaxing trip...........:thumbsup2

Staff at jakes stated it would take ‘forevere’ for basic Phillie roll i ordered few weeks ago, in front of me in 10 minutes. Dave’s steak was a disaster, 2nd time, figure he’ll go with a burger next go-round. Not sure what’s up there as to dip in quality we’ve been experiencing. Look forward to your thoughts this trip.

Last edited:
Killing a few minutes til time to go! Lunch was chinese for 3rd day in row-unintentional: NH on monday had switched their menu (Sweet n sour was supposed to be on wWednesday but they were BBq that day for Nursing home week)-it was dreadful. That cook is usually excellent, she followed the recipe given and it was not good. So I didn't really eat much. Tuesday - friend and I ordered out chinese (where I am consultant with diff company) and then today-back to a home with same company as Monday and it is the regularly scheduled Chinese day. However I warned this cook this am that the recipe is awful so he fixed it up his way-really really good. but I will probably swell like a tick later after all the salt this week!

Got to run to store to pick up some supplies so FiL doesn't have to worry about food for next couple days...

Keep hoping the rain will GO AWAY later this week in Florida! I'm going to Flower&Garden for a bit regardless, but if it is really raining/storming then have DD stay behind and save that day on the non expire ticket. Need to get packed and hope I don't forget anything important...

Mind if I brag for a moment? B’s school has 3 bands - concert, symphonic, and wind symphony. Wind symphony is the “elite”. B found out today that she will be in the wind symphony next year. They usually have a trip each year. Two years ago they played at Carnegie Hall in NYC. I hope they get to go somewhere cool next year.

Lynne - I have to thank you and your daughter again for the clarinet. I am certain that having a higher quality instrument helped her get in.

Another quick drive by..........

Day of two halves......

Had the most gorgeous weather in the beautiful city of St Augustine........hot and sunny all day.......what a gorgeous place! I could live there......:D

Drove through a monsoon passing by Daytona coming home.....

And been monsoon like here for the past hour since we got back, made it in just as the heavens opened.......thunder, lightning and heavy rain. No late park time tonight.......fabulous to watch though from the warmth and dryness of our suite........it’s getting worse again as I type.

Cocktail time then..........:laughing:

Still having an amazing time.......I’m glad we have some lovely food options on hand.....between here and RP we won’t starve.......:thumbsup2

:wave2:

Just curious, what is it about the ride that makes it so terrible? I haven’t heard any good things about it yet.

Guess I should go and get back to work. Lunch in just an hour.

There’s no real story line......it’s drawn out and slow......you spend time watching folks having a party! It’s part of the supposed storyline of course, but poorly executed.......first half of the ride is pointless.......then the “fast” part is disappointing.........just truly dreadful........there’s very “forced” feel when they talk about us all being “family”......didn’t feel in any way natural........I just hated it if I’m honest........

We rode it 3 times to get a different perspective and sat in 3 different places........still not good. I did kinda like the second human interaction as he was kinda funny.......but that’s it.......

Will not ride it again. 3 times and out.

We did the full line and it’s not that great......and we are real car loving people........nah.......not for us.......

I really can’t believe Universal missed the mark so badly with this one. Especially after Fallon being so bad.......for us of course........

Thought little one would like a 17th birthday in the Dark Side. Said booked the Porto for us, and I got yeah mom, where we always go. Sarcasm? Yes. I said I could cancel, she said, no that is fine. I said if you can think of somewhere else, let me know.

And may have booked Drury for October. Giving it much more thought. Miss you guys with the ghouls.

Wet and rainy night. Watching show on hummingbirds. At least somewhere it is sunny. We do have some in our yard. Older one has seen one at our sliding glass backdoor several times. At first he thought it was a cicada killer bee, as that one likes to bore in our wood deck.

Ah, coma from chicken parm and pasta. If I am lucky, pasta for lunch tomorrow. DH can be very hungry when arriving late.

Keisha, yay, you are alive!

And a wahoo for B. That is an accomplishment. Little one was happy to give it to someone who would take good care of it.

Ah, did errands and should have stopped for coffee, er, maybe not.

Have a good night homies. Happy dreams and restful sleep all.

Severe thunderstorm now. Thought I had another sick chicken-cuddle chicken acting droopy, pale comb. Had kids bring her in and try to get her to drink. She perked up after awhile (and a nap). Think she was just hot.

Started packing some for tomorrow's departure. Looks like rain this weekend in Orlando so seeking out alternative to water park.

stouffer lasagne tonight, with salad, bread. Enjoyed wine on patio while it cooked.

Dang rain messing with my TV shows tonight (satellite)

WOOHOO to Charades daughter-that is a mighty accomplishment! All 3 of my kids have been in band or are currently in band.

Weather radio, phones all going off for the weather alerts-oh fun.

Eldest DS driving GD back home from gymnastics last night was attacked by Bambi. They were both just shook up thank God. Can’t say the same for his car

Driving back home in dark this am saw a doe right on side of road a few feet from my car as I Made a hairpin turn. Glad she decided not to bolt

No idea why they are running here. Not hunting or mating season as far as I know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter