Something About Nothing ... #12

I vote for cottage pie

That is if you want us to vote

lol...…

Pulled pork now apparently!!!!

Will make cottage pie and have it tomorrow night......it is definitely winter warmer food time now...……44F this morning.

Enjoy first day back to work Lynne...….that's never fun...….our heating is on right now.....

Had a lovely morning in at the University...….great class of kids, well, not kids, but they are lovely...….even the guy in the corner who is trying his best to look like Johnny Depp......and failing!!! But, really enjoyed it...…..short term!!!

Lunch and trip report today I think...….Tom had all the housework done when I came back in......nice!!!!

Happy Monday! Can't believe we're halfway through October already!! Wow!

Dreary day here, too!! And chilly!! :cold:

Short day at work today and then errands this afternoon- grocery shopping!

Have a great Monday all!!

download-4_5.jpg

Good morning everyone. We have a dreary and chilly start to the morning here. I think we may get some rain too. I haven’t checked the forecast.

Woke up yesterday morning at 5:00 with a seriously upset stomach. Still don’t feel 100%, but should be fine to go to work for a few hours. I seriously thought about calling in today since B has the day off school. Today is a teacher workday. I can’t believe the first quarter of school is over already.

We turned our heat on yesterday monring. In addition to being sick, I was also freezing.

I need to go to work now. I may just leave early today. One of our therapists is out this week, so there shouldn’t be as much for me to do.

Morning Peeps & Happy Monday!!
Kids have the day off of school for a teacher planning day. I had promised the girls a day at Volcano Bay but both woke up with coughs & runny noses (hopefully just allergies) so we are staying home, may run to the beach later and may still keep our dinner reservations at Hard Rock Cafe ( they love it there, why???) but I don’t have to decide that just yet.
High here today is 91.....sigh....no way we are going to be able to wear all our cute long sleeved Halloween stuff this year.
Glad everyone made their trips home safely! I saw on the news that HHN had to close the last 3 nights due to overcapacity! Yikes, glad most of you avoided the insane crowds.

Last edited:
I had promised the girls a day at Volcano Bay but both woke up with coughs & runny noses (hopefully just allergies) so we are staying home, may run to the beach later and may still keep our dinner reservations at Hard Rock Cafe ( they love it there, why???) but I don’t have to decide that just yet.

Hope the girls feel better soon! :) Good for a day off from school so they can relax!:thumbsup2

What`s your temps like now mac?

We are now missing that extreme heat in Orlando badly!!!!

At 70 and high will be 80 today
Tomorrow will be warmer
(Was chilly at 66 early morning)

Got up early this morning as had 7:45 doc appt
Once back home, had my coffee and cross word puzzle

Ah, life of retirement
My time is my own

But put Mr Mac to work to do yard work
Lol

I enjoy being the supervisor

Morning Sans family :wave2:

DF97FBFD-B2FF-450A-BB03-45C421D7B705.jpeg

A2B155FE-705E-4142-B2A7-95EB01B90C27.jpeg

yep, a wish to all the homies, good day to you all.

Have a good day to you too Lynne......:wave2:

Dreary day here, too!! And chilly!! :cold:

High here today only 52, overcast and drizzling rain.......ready to go back to sunshine.

Woke up yesterday morning at 5:00 with a seriously upset stomach. Still don’t feel 100%, but should be fine to go to work for a few hours

Hope you feel better charade :hug:

I saw on the news that HHN had to close the last 3 nights due to overcapacity! Yikes, glad most of you avoided the insane crowds.

Wow.....wonder if that has ever happened before at HHN....sister said Outlet Malls and Mall at Millenia we’re packed with people this weekend.

both woke up with coughs & runny noses (hopefully just allergies) so we are staying home, may run to the beach later and may still keep our dinner reservations at Hard Rock Cafe

Hope the girls feel better so you can go enjoy your day at the beach and dinner at at Hard a Rock.

Kids have the day off of school for a teacher planning day. I had promised the girls a day at Volcano Bay but both woke up with coughs & runny noses (hopefully just allergies) so we are staying home, may run to the beach later and may still keep our dinner reservations at Hard Rock Cafe ( they love it there, why???) but I don’t have to decide that just yet.
High here today is 91.....sigh....no way we are going to be able to wear all our cute long sleeved Halloween stuff this year.
Glad everyone made their trips home safely! I saw on the news that HHN had to close the last 3 nights due to overcapacity! Yikes, glad most of you avoided the insane crowds.

Hope they feel better soon!!! 91!!!!! Not jealous at all...…..:rolleyes1

Yep, some nights weren't fun at all...….I`m glad I missed some nights!!

At 70 and high will be 80 today
Tomorrow will be warmer
(Was chilly at 66 early morning)

Got up early this morning as had 7:45 doc appt
Once back home, had my coffee and cross word puzzle

Ah, life of retirement
My time is my own

But put Mr Mac to work to do yard work
Lol

I enjoy being the supervisor

lol.....I love being a supervisor too!!!! Hope the yard is looking good......

80F sounds good about now...….our heating has been on all afternoon...…..although sun is shining...….

Yep, I have enjoyed a life of retirement too, since I was 35 according to DH :rotfl:...…..this little foray into the world of work will be short lived...….I did tell the guy in charge today I wont be joining them full time......he was under the impression I was going to be full time......he knows now. Still, it`s a bit of fun and the days are still my own...….

Can`t believe we are half way through October!!!!!

Yeah, dragging and oh my, AC is on. Sigh, fourth? cup of tea so far.

Tgrgrl, hope the kids feel better soon. We like to eat at the HRC too. Always good food, and little one likes their hamburgers, and fries.

Morning Robo, hope you are enjoying lots of coffee in your HHN mug. Glad you did not see those crowds when went to HHN last week. And yep, all 3 times, 2 in summer, once last week, did not think the Mall was busy at all. We're smart ladies.

Would be so happy if it was 91 today. 60 says the phone today.

Schumi, I'm with you, missing the heat already. HeHe, a very short time part time working, leisure lady.

Good morning everyone :coffee:

Enjoying my last cup of coffee and watching Poltergeist on AMC ...I forgot what a good movie it was since I didn't get around to seeing it before our trip and I haven't seen it for 20 years. They're doing a Halloween marathon later on this week.
It's like HHN all over again :D

I actually slept late this morning for once...nice cool sleeping weather. It should reach the 80s this afternoon.

Hope Charade and tgrgrl's kids feel better soon :goodvibes

Cottage pie sounds good Carole...save me a piece please.

Wish we were all back at the darkside...without all the crowds.

Hi to mac, patty, Robo, Lynne bobbie and anyone else who is reading along.

Have a great day :flower1:

Good morning everyone :coffee:

Enjoying my last cup of coffee and watching Poltergeist on AMC ...I forgot what a good movie it was since I didn't get around to seeing it before our trip and I haven't seen it for 20 years. They're doing a Halloween marathon later on this week.
It's like HHN all over again :D

I actually slept late this morning for once...nice cool sleeping weather. It should reach the 80s this afternoon.

Hope Charade and tgrgrl's kids feel better soon :goodvibes

Cottage pie sounds good Carole...save me a piece please.

Wish we were all back at the darkside...without all the crowds.

Hi to mac, patty, Robo, Lynne bobbie and anyone else who is reading along.

Have a great day :flower1:

Ended up with pulled pork Vicki..........but made a cottage pie tonight for tomorrow night........looks lovely already.........Poltergeist is such a good movie! We watched it a few months back and like you hadn’t seen it in such a long time........glad you had a late sleep!!!

Robbie, only seen Mall at Millenia mobbed once in 11 years and that was when one of the Apple products was released...most people milling around were unbelievably waiting to be allowed to merely join the line as the line was so long!! Crazy.....

Lynne.......yes perfect description of me........short term, part time, working woman of leisure.......just about sums me up!!! 60F? Yep, 90’s would be better.........

Still cannot book Halloween for the cinema!! Getting very frustrated with the website........going by the dates online might be able to book tomorrow for Friday night.........Tom had wanted to wait till next week, but I’d hate to hear the ending between Friday and when we saw it.......so if I can book Friday I will!

We are supposed to be going to one of our wine club events........but I can miss that! Sssshhhhhhh..........

Very autumn feeling tonight.......chilly and almost frosty outside although it is 44F. Heating is still on.

Tried to watch Black Panther tonight........couldn’t get into it at all.....now watching a detective show......from 20 years ago!

Sorry I was not able to connect with you this trip but hope I have a rain check to see you next trip

Trying to catch up. In Houston airport waiting to board in couple hours.
Sounds like all have safely returned home, and to dreary weather too. Houston is rainy and temps dropped from when we got off ship, to stop at NASA to airport. Had to text kids to check chickens water as it’s cold enough at home for frost threat.

Love the minions!

Missing the heat- cruise was fabulous. So much food everywhere. Bought the drinks package- was fun trying different cocktails. Friend took us around Cozumel and almost got us lost lol! Had a little mistaken detour but we had a blast. Rented mopeds - felt like real life Frogger/Mario Kart driving in the town, Definitely NOT for the timid- we all loved it.

Have a hold on Cuba cruise next June, waiting to see if oldest and couple friends can go too. Cheaper a bit now with post cruise discount.

Didn’t mean to hit post so fast. Sampling of pics. Most saying too large so will need to wait for laptop.

Ugh hard to be back in reality!

Attachments

• BB5CD51D-8A42-4EF8-A332-C401EDE2442F.jpeg
    BB5CD51D-8A42-4EF8-A332-C401EDE2442F.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 27EDD46C-BF79-4CAF-B2E2-BDD56708CF49.jpeg
    27EDD46C-BF79-4CAF-B2E2-BDD56708CF49.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 8
  • 4798679D-02A6-4C22-A612-22DAFB85FC5C.jpeg
    4798679D-02A6-4C22-A612-22DAFB85FC5C.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 21289000-FD2F-47F8-B283-65F69C926536.jpeg
    21289000-FD2F-47F8-B283-65F69C926536.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 8
Sounds like you had an awesome cruise, MonyK. Yep, reality and all, LOL.

Apparently, the food shopping I did yesterday, was not enough. Let’s just say, we are really stocked now. Seems no one bought much of any food while I was away. Gee, and I left money to do so. Probably more than a few meals out was the excuse. Um, all know how to cook and bake.

monyk, hope you have a good flight back.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

You have been a very busy traveler this summer

Charade- Hope you're feeling better!:)

Robo- I'm with you- let's go back to Florida!:goodvibes or we'll go visit Mac- it's warm there !!

Monyk- Nice pictures!:thumbsup2 We actually just put a deposit on our first cruise! You'll have to give me lots of tips about cruising! We're very nervous about it, but friends invited us to go along so we're going to try it. It's a Royal Caribbean Western Caribbean cruise- sounds fun!

Tink- good on all the HHN movies!:thumbsup2

Schumi- yikes on still not being able to reserve your movie seats- sending :goodvibes that you can book it tomorrow!

Lynne- When mom's away- the family eats out!:thumbsup2

Lemon chicken and rice for dinner tonight- trying to eat healthy! Had a snack size Reese's pumpkin for dessert:rolleyes1

Watching Monday night Football on tv now! Looks COLD in Green Bay!

Have a great night all!!
16ca0e7f2db1daf8bf413ee09d6ac185.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter