• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Some Questions for my Second Solo Trip 2022 This September in couple Days

DreamCatcher777

Mouseketeer
Q1) Is the refridger cooling enough for ice cream cups and popsicles in the hotel Room???

Q2) Why it seems the fridge looks to be connected with the Air Condition since last time I had changed it little bit made it warmer but than inside the cooler things also were warmer????

Q3) What happens to my Ice-cream Cup and Bars in the Cooler the Fridge will they keep their form or must I fear they will melt even inside that Cooler???

Q4) How does it work with the DINING Payment I want to pay the Drinks and Meals with my Card through the Magic Band, must I always tell them first that I will pay the Gratuities per Cash cause I don´t want to pay extra not that they charge some on my card I will and do always give them their gratuities per cash should I always tell them first not to get any surprises????

Cuz I already calculated it for those table services everyone gets 15% from me even OGA´S Cantina and I already rounded it up for them makes it easier so kinda little bit on that 15% tiny but few cents are few cents. Who not honor a Cent isn´t worth a Penny or Dollar either something like that a PHRASE.

Q5) And how will it working with MOBILE ORDER on Quickservices through the APP will that be charged directly to my Card on the gittgo?

Because with the TS I think just like with Merch they charge it at the End of the Trip in the Hotel for every purchases I made during my Trip to charge only one sum but with those Mobile Services I can´t use my MB for that since I order through the App

Or how does that Work????

Q6)
Does the Disney Merch Store at MCO have Magic Bands through some Vids I couldn´t see and guess they haven´t only for a quick takeaway before flying home things???

Q7) Can you visit the Characters Halloween Costumes Mickey and Co at Hollywood & Vine shortly without having a Reservation There or is that not possible or allowed and if so Can a Cast Member at least getting some autographs from them for my special book I have even pictures of them???

Q8) The Refillable hot Drinks are that only HOT CHOCOLATE and HOT COCOA is something different and will it have automatically sugar in it besides the other has nothing in it????

Q9) How can it be that my old Magic Band was Activated since it is 3 Years ago since I had my first Trip in 2019 must I be worried I deactivated it since I want and have to get a new one in the Hotel. I hope they can link and activating the new one to work probably that´s why the old one should better be deactivated right (don´t even know that it was activated)????

Who could have activated it my dreams agent or did I mistakenly have done it????

Could it even be stayed activated all those 3 years???

Last edited:
Q1) Is the refridger cooling enough for ice cream cups and popsicles in the hotel Room???

Q2) Why it seems the fridge looks to be connected with the Air Condition since last time I had changed it little bit made it warmer but than inside the cooler things also were warmer????

Q3) What happens to my Ice-cream Cup and Bars in the Cooler the Fridge will they keep their form or must I fear they will melt even inside that Cooler???

Q4) How does it work with the DINING Payment I want to pay the Drinks and Meals with my Card through the Magic Band, must I always tell them first that I will pay the Gratuities per Cash cause I don´t want to pay extra not that they charge some on my card I will and do always give them their gratuities per cash should I always tell them first not to get any surprises????

Cuz I already calculated it for those table services everyone gets 15% from me even OGA´S Cantina and I already rounded it up for them makes it easier so kinda little bit on that 15% tiny but few cents are few cents. Who not honor a Cent isn´t worth a Penny or Dollar either something like that a PHRASE.

Q5) And how will it working with MOBILE ORDER on Quickservices through the APP will that be charged directly to my Card on the gittgo?

Because with the TS I think just like with Merch they charge it at the End of the Trip in the Hotel for every purchases I made during my Trip to charge only one sum but with those Mobile Services I can´t use my MB for that since I order through the App

Or how does that Work????

Q6)
Does the Disney Merch Store at MCO have Magic Bands through some Vids I couldn´t see and guess they haven´t only for a quick takeaway before flying home things???

Q7) Can you visit the Characters Halloween Costumes Mickey and Co at Hollywood & Vine shortly without having a Reservation There or is that not possible or allowed and if so Can a Cast Member at least getting some autographs from them for my special book I have even pictures of them???

Q8) The Refillable hot Drinks are that only HOT CHOCOLATE and HOT COCOA is something different and will it have automatically sugar in it besides the other has nothing in it????

Well, I am not sure about some of that, but if I recall, the refrigerators have a small freezer compartment, however it is pretty tiny. This are should keep it colder for frozen type products or ice. - EDIT: Many of the units that had these are no longer there, and the units would be a refrigerator only. The refrigerator is not tied into the air conditioner, but due to the nature of heating and refrigeration if the ambient room temperature is warmer, the refrigerator will have to work a little harder to keep things cold. That will in-tunr caus teh refrigerator to release heat into the room (remember that refrigertion is the process of removing heat - it has to go somehwere). This shouldn't be noticeable with a refrigerator that small vs. the in-room air-conditioning though.

Mobile Orders do not charge through your Magic Band nor your resort stay - they are charged directly to the credit card on file with your My Disney Experience app. The charges will happen immediately and not at the end of your trip.

Last edited:
Most of the freezers have been removed from Disney hotels, and the fridges are "beverage coolers," even in the DVC units. The exception would be DVC 1BR+ which have a real kitchen and freezer. You could get lucky, but unlikely.

They're not going to let you into Hollywood and Vine if you aren't a paying guest. Don't do it.

Most of the freezers have been removed from Disney hotels, and the fridges are "beverage coolers," even in the DVC units. The exception would be DVC 1BR+ which have a real kitchen and freezer. You could get lucky, but unlikely.

They're not going to let you into Hollywood and Vine if you aren't a paying guest. Don't do it.

Do they not even have that tiny compartment that a lot of those mini-fridges do? I thought they did, but you can barely fit anything in it anyway.

Do they not even have that tiny compartment that a lot of those mini-fridges do? I thought they did, but you can barely fit anything in it anyway.
They've gotten rid of a lot of them in the Covid renovations, like at Poly. There could be a few left, but I wouldn't count on it.

Well, I am not sure about some of that, but if I recall, the refrigerators have a small freezer compartment, however it is pretty tiny. This are should keep it colder for frozen type products or ice. - EDIT: Many of the units that had these are no longer there, and the units would be a refrigerator only. The refrigerator is not tied into the air conditioner, but due to the nature of heating and refrigeration if the ambient room temperature is warmer, the refrigerator will have to work a little harder to keep things cold. That will in-tunr caus teh refrigerator to release heat into the room (remember that refrigertion is the process of removing heat - it has to go somehwere). This shouldn't be noticeable with a refrigerator that small vs. the in-room air-conditioning though.

Mobile Orders do not charge through your Magic Band nor your resort stay - they are charged directly to the credit card on file with your My Disney Experience app. The charges will happen immediately and not at the end of your trip.
But with Table Service where I have my MB will it be like the Merch this ones at the End of the Trip or does they also charge it immediately???

But with Table Service where I have my MB will it be like the Merch this ones at the End of the Trip or does they also charge it immediately???

When you charge through your Magic Band you are actually charging to your resort stay folio (what we in the hospitality industry call the bill). This is typically settled to the credit card on file with the hotel (not necessarily the same one on your MDE app if you changed it) at the end of the stay, however if certain threshholds are passed they may settle some charges before that point. I am not sure at what point Disney will do that. Most hotels will put a hold on the card used at check-in to ensure funds are available, and it could be higher than what you actually spend (this is not a charge though).

Q9: having two activated MBs shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve often coordinated the band with my clothes for the day, rotating between 3 in a dat. I would deactivate ones you aren’t using at all as once you start to push double digits, sometimes things get confused.

For Q1-3 I suggest at least a Day or so my IceCream could stay in form or would you think it kinda melts pretty quickly even in that cooler fridge tiny thing. Cuz I will eat some on my Arrival Day but will not been able to eat all a Cup and 6 bars would be to much since I will have Dinner before but after I could eat the cup and 1-2 bars.

If sweet Girls would walk by I could give them one or ask at the bell service don´t know if they would be allowed to take one but I hope it doesn´t melt that quickly could eat some in the mornings but I guess it will not be again this can only do those that staying in some villas with freezers than it would be okay but not us the regular guests that has to live with that tiny thing at least my drinks will stay cool. Yeah haven´t thought it through :D:P.

Q10) So excited couple days left unfortunately still not able to order a band too late anyways I guess up to ten days prior but it always stated due to my region not able so I hope the new Band I buy in the Merch Store in the Hotel will do well and at the Bell Service they can link everything probably fine did they?, can they easily do that, to make my new band ready everything linked memory maker, hotel room entrance, my card for food purchases (cuz Merch I will pay in Cash) Park Reservations Tickets as well????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter