Some notes on my last trip 2 - 5 June 05

widget

va-va-voom!
California Grill - open 6.30 - 10.30pm in Disneyland Hotel. Cost was 44 euros for starter, main course and pudding. I would have chosen Tuna followed by chicken with steamed veg finished off with a fruit salad. Kids would of had Childs Little Treasures for 18 euros consisting of Mickey Salad, Fillet of Beef and the lovely Gormet Puzzle for pudding.
Inventions 12.30 - 3 lunch menu. Adults were 35 euros and child 7 - 11yrs 18 euros, 3 - 6 yrs 16 euros. excluding drinks. This is a buffet style meal.
Like I said, I would have chosen, but only after taking out a second mortgage!!!
Sunday 5th June 1.30pm. Wait times were as follows in Disneyland Park:
Indiana Jones 30 mins, POTC closed. BTM 60 mins, PM 15 mins, TMRiverboats closed, Le Carousel de Lancelot 10 mins, Snow White 10 mins, Pinocchio 25 mins, PP 45 mins, Le Pays des Contes de Fees 5 mins, Casey Jr 5 mins, iasw 5 mins, Dumbo 15 mins, tea cups 5 mins, Orbitron 20 mins, SM2 35 mins, Star Tours 30 mins, Honey ISTA 10 mins, Nautilus 5 mins, Autopia 20 mins.
Observations:
Why do all the Disney buggies have such terrible wheels? All those poor children vibrating madly over cobbled themed streets and tram lines!!
Why so many paying rides etc in the Village. They could do with more seating and less of these fun fair type attractions.
Is it me or is the park getting more crowded? Perhaps they should reduce the amount of people going in to give day trippers a better shot at more than 3 rides!!
I would ban people who walk 6 abreast holding hands - is there really any need to take up all that space thus excluding others the chance of getting past? Honestly, if you wanted to act like a piece of rope try out for the rope drop at the start of the day!!
I wish the lifeguard person at the pool would enforce the no diving/bombing rule written at the side of the pool. Its not my job to tell these children without parents off (although I do enjoy it and have been told I do it well ;) ) but I just dont take well to getting splashed over and over again. And if the jacuzzi says no under 12s allowed why is it the young girl who was wafting her hair around flirting with the life guard was allowed to have her definately not 12 year old brother spitting in the jacuzzi along side her??
Is this a new thing that some rides dont open till later (11am ish) or close early? I seem to remember early closing of some rides but it seems more these days. Are there too few CMs to work the rides or are they on shorter hours??
For the first time ever I saw a man begging outside the parks dressed in dirty clothing with a large back pack on with a bed roll on the top. He tried to rattle the gates at the Studios when they were closed and then hid in the trees between the two parks. Then he wandered down to the open gates going down into the gardens in front of the Disneyland Hotel and read the times attached to the gate. The security guard was very quickly over to him making sure he didnt enter the actual gardens. He was very smelly but you had to feel sorry for him. Wonder what he was thinking seeing all these families with their dreams coming true and he didnt seem to have anywhere to sleep?

My those prices are expensive :rolleyes:

Good suggestion about seating in village, although I suspect that if your not spending money in the shops then they would rather you be sitting having a drink or food.

Reid

Very cynical Reid but I dare say true.

My son was a DCM in WDW and the rule was " You will do this because Disney requires it, (and you will keep smiling. )I have added the last bit but it was expected however I think the latter wore a bit thin after a while.
icon10.gif

Of course it is all part of the Magic and don't get me wrong I love Disney and I do expect the CM to be polite and smile ( at least not be argueing with each other ) like they were on our last visit - vey undisney if I might say so !:rolleyes1

Apart from the magical side of Disney - which we all see there is a Corporate side of Disney and like everyone else they are out to get every penny they can, that doesn't allow for people to sit down unless they are paying for it. ( All be it discreetly ) But who can blame them so long as they keep the magic going:wizard:

I would ban people who walk 6 abreast holding hands

:teeth: Does that happen a lot!?! What a strange idea!

Thanks for your notes - very interesting.

I read about about the walking side by side & holding hands thing on another website (a while ago, can't remember where) & this was put forward as a suggestion that people should do this to stop others getting past !
I think that is an awful thing to tell people to do as it is very unfair on everybody else. I can't believe people can't be that mean & petty when they are at Disney! :confused3 After all its for everyone to enjoy. :wizard:
My crutch might accidentally collide with these meanies shins if I happen to encounter such behaviour. ;)

I so agree about seating in the Village. Somewhere to have a brief pause before plunging back into the shops would be most welcome.

Two things that really irritated me when I was last there was backpacks - I know you can't ban them they are too useful but I wish folks would have a little more consideration for what or who is behind them. I'm only a little 'un and I nearly went flying on more than one occasion because some idiot swung round suddenly with the equivalent of a camper van strapped to their back.

The second gripe for me is also pushchairs although not for the same reason. I do just wish people would not drive them like they are charioteers in Ancient Rome vying for Ceaser's favour. I lost no end of skin off my legs from mad people determined to force their way through with a pushchair without giving folk time to move aside for them. I'm polite! I know to move aside for a mum and kiddies I just would like my ankles left unbruised!

Rant over!

I so agree with the backpack thing! I cant remember the number of times people in queues (especially in the confined area of BTM) would be talking to their friends behind them and shoving you in the back or arm with their bag. Why cant people realise some of us enjoy that space around them. Obviously I am aware that Disney gets really busy (no, really.......it does!! ;) ) and crowds are to be expected but as ive got older I really feel encrouched upon if someone is standing in that personal space 2" from my nose!

I must admit we are members of the backpack clan !
icon8.gif

( Sorry to anyone that my DH may of clonked ) What do you use to carry your things around in ?Any ideas would be appreciated.
icon5.gif

It was good in the days when our DS needed a buggy we just piled everything on or in that. :)
I don't like carrying anything around the parks ( I'd forget and leave it somewhere - on a ride or on a park bench - left new video camera on a park bench in WDW. Lost my brand new glasses £300's worth in the loo at Animal kingdom ( never got those back ) so you get the picture. :confused3
My DH doesn't trust me to carry anything, no more than he trusts me with a chip pan, ....we won't even go there !!!! :rolleyes1

Dee I am one of the strange people you see whose DH has a bumbag!!

I don't like to carry a backpack (sheer lazyness on my part ;) ) so I just cram everything into my handbag (one of those small sporty style ones you wear diagonally across your chest) and in DH's bumbag. If it doesn't fit in, it doesn't come to the park ;)

Dee8197 said:
I must admit we are members of the backpack clan !
icon8.gif

( Sorry to anyone that my DH may of clonked ) What do you use to carry your things around in ?Any ideas would be appreciated.
icon5.gif

It was good in the days when our DS needed a buggy we just piled everything on or in that. :)
I don't like carrying anything around the parks ( I'd forget and leave it somewhere - on a ride or on a park bench - left new video camera on a park bench in WDW. Lost my brand new glasses £300's worth in the loo at Animal kingdom ( never got those back ) so you get the picture. :confused3
My DH doesn't trust me to carry anything, no more than he trusts me with a chip pan, ....we won't even go there !!!! :rolleyes1

It's not the backpacks themselves, just the lack of consideration some people have. I seem to carry far more than I need but it must be hard when you've got youngsters with their assorted paraphenalia. All I ask if that folk are a little more thoughtful when turning round or taking a step backwards ro whatever. It's the only time I've ever really wished I were taller! :rotfl2: I lost count of the number of times I had to duck or take evasive action when someone swung in my direction. Queuing for the Paddle steamer was the worst as we were crammed in like cattle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter