Solo trip Oct 9-11

jabrabu

Mouseketeer
I went to FL for work for a few days last week and decided to visit the parks during my time off. On my travel day I took a very early flight and arrived at EPCOT by 9:30am. It was busy, but not too crowded. I never had to wait long in line for any of the Food and Wine kiosks.
I first rode Soarin since the wait was about 20 minutes.
I waited about 30 minutes for Frozen Ever After. I'm not crazy about that attraction, but the queue is nicely themed so I didn't mind the wait too much.
I sampled several items from the Food and Wine kiosks -- most were very good, but a couple I would not recommend.

I then walked over to DHS. It was really hot and humid, and the construction of the new skyliner is kind of a mess by DHS.
I checked out the new Toy Story Land. It's nicely themed, but pretty small. I wanted to ride Slinky Dog, but the wait was 105 minutes so I skipped it. I had a FastPass for Midway Mania, so I did that.
I also had a Fastpass for Star Tours and also rode it standby, and it was totally different scenes each time.
I also had a Fastpass for Rock n Roller coaster, which is my favorite coaster. Loved it.
I also rode Tower of Terror.

Then I took a boat back to the Boardwalk area and walked back to EPCOT. I was going to watch Illuminations, but got tired and left before it started.

On Wednesday my meetings finished pretty early, and I arrived at the Magic Kingdom around 3:30pm in the pouring rain, but the rain stopped after awhile. MK was super crowded. I had a few Fastpasses and did Haunted Mantion, Pirates, and Space Mountain, and I did Jungle Cruise after dark, which is when I like it best. The park was open until 11pm. I left around 10pm, thinking I'd beat the exit crowds, but there were mobs to get on the monorail or ferry. I was surprised at the massive crowds in mid-October.

On Thursday I went to AK after my meetings. I watched Festival of the Lion King and saw the tigers in Asia. I ate some ribs and had a drink at the Nomad Lounge outside area, which was great. I waited 2 hours for Flights of Passage. I had only done it at rope drop or Fastpass before, so this was the first time I had gone through the whole queue. The queue is really interesting, and I'm glad I saw it, but I wouldn't wait that long again. I had a Fastpass for Navi River, so I did that too.

BB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!