Solo parent and resort pool waterslide

ColoradoMom12

DIS Veteran
I will be alone at the pool with my DD (5) this summer. I am wondering what do single parents of younger ones do about water slides? Usually we have one person at the top to go down after the kids and one in the water waiting as they come down the slide. I don't really want DD walking up the stairs to the slide alone. So I would be going down either before or after her. She's a pretty good swimmer, but I think I still might put a life vest on her. How do those of you there alone handle the slides? Is it better to slide before or after my DD?

Can you walk up together and then you go first and then your DD? At least then you can help her get out of the landing zone. A life vest would be a good idea since she wouldn't be able to stand up in the area where the slide lands. What hotel are you staying at?

I think this is our best choice. I worry a little bit about her alone at the top of the slide, but if there are other kids and parents waiting, she will probably be ok. I am a little bit freaking out about this. 5 seems so little to me to be standing alone at the top of a water slide. She's done water slides before (including at WDW resorts), though, and loves them. We're staying at BWI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!