SOLO: A Chunkymonkey Story - June 2018! NEW 8/23 Last SOLO Moments THE END - Final VLOG posted!

What a gorgeous view of Disney Springs :lovestruc

Your drink at Chex Fartsmith's (hehehe) sounded amazing!! I don't drink, obviously, because my brain doesn't like it...but I would consider trying this anyway...maybe Nathan would split it with me. :laughing:

And your meal looked tasty! I'm with you about the runny yolk though. I'd like to try brunch there someday, as well as at Raglan Road. I need to take a trip sometime that's only Sundays! Why can't brunch be available more days of the week—we're all on vacation down there anyway!

I didn't think you looked like a lampshade at all in that dress! But I'm glad you found one online you liked better. It should definitely come with you on the big Dismeet trip!

Lovely view from your room! Balconies are so awesome for morning coffee.

They really are! Although I never really set foot outside the one at SSR!

Your brunch looked delicious. Did the grits have cheese in them? My husband loves remoulade sauce, as there is a bottle in our fridge right now. I think I would have asked for the sauce on the side.

I don't actually know if the grits had cheese in them but I would't be surprised if they did because cheese makes everything taste good and these grits were great!
I think I would have asked for eggs over easy or medium and sauce on the side next time!

Your outfit for the day is super cute! That dress didn't look bad on you, but I understand styles and cuts can make a difference. I believe that is the dress Katrina from Dis Unplugged wore on a recent video.

Thank you!
The dress was cute but just the wrong fit for me. I thought it made my waist look bigger and that is not a good thing haha. But I see so many pictures of others wearing it and they look so cute in the dresses!

I love solo shopping. I get more done and just look at what I want. That was nice of you to find your niece some shirts and sister's earrings.

So true about the solo shopping! I always feel rushed when I'm with anyone else because I like to browse and take my time.
I'm the cool aunt so I had to get something for my niece. I'm a less cool sister, but I was feeling generous. :rotfl:

That is always a good goal! :laughing:

Yes, being lost is no bueno!

I really like the colours of the buildings at Saratoga, so serene.

They are very charming. I like the outside much more than the inside!

The view from your balcony was so pretty, and it looks like the walk to Disney Springs was, too.

It was gorgeous that day! It was very hot though, but at least in the morning it wasn't so bad just yet.

How was the bed at SSR? Hoping it's comfy! DD and I will be sharing it since we've heard the pull out sofa bed is the worst ever.

OK so I think the bed at POP was more comfortable, but that night at SSR I was so tired I just passed out not really giving thought to the bed. But it's older and I think the rooms could use a refreshing. Can't speak for the pull out but I guess it can't be as good as the bed!

Your brunch looked yummy. Wish I had one of those drinks right now! Sounds refreshing. And again, you had a nice view!

It was a great brunch. It was a good pick for a solo meal too! I didn't get any weird stares or anything.

Love the dress pattern and color. Hope to see a pic of the one you bought from ebay show up in one of your reports one day!

I think it will :)

You're such a sweet aunt and sis.

I try...haha. I'm a cool aunt. :cool1:

Looking forward to reading about your epcot day and HEA party!

Coming up soon!

I love the shop where you got your sisters earrings...I may have declined to do the Void with family last trip just so I cold have some solo shopping time in there:rolleyes1...I love the rings.

I love all the jewelry! I have a lot of stuff from there. I should have just thought to look there first when my sis asked for earrings. I usually buy the from the store in the Mexico PAvilion but the one in Springs definitely has more selection.

It was my least favorite resort bed of all we've stayed at - including all star sports. And yeah-the sofa bed is just awful!! By comparison the pull out sofa bed at the Cabins is very nice and very comfortable! The balcony is the best part of SSR rooms IMO.

Ugh that is not good. Haha I was too tired to notice. But the bed at Pop was definitely comfy!

Yasssss that cocktail sounds delicious! I know exactly what you're talking about with the tiki room dress. I had a friend buy it for me, and the large is just SO big on me. I also heard they ran big but those seriously are huge. The waist is also a whopping 4" which doesn't help. I keep planning on getting mine altered so it's more flattering on me!

The Florida Crush was delicious! It was sweet but in a good way, like the best fresh OJ you've had.
I was surprised they ran so big, but hey, vanity sizing...I'm not opposed to that. :thumbsup2

You're raising her right!

Someone in this family has to! :rotfl:

I was considering what to wear in May. Her Universe just debuted a new Disney collection. The Rapunzel dress looked cute, but then the plus size version doesn't look like a good fit (not cinched enough in the waist). They do have a cute retro-Captain America dress...but the problem is I don't wear dresses normally!

I think the Rapunzel dress is cute! You should at least try it. If we do Al Forno it'll be perfect!
Is that the captain american dress with the buttons down the front and white pockets? I think that is the cutest dress. I have nowhere to wear it to though! It would be perfect for a Marvel day at Sea though!

Love Homecomin" and so does everyone else in my family. I cannot wait to try brunch! Your meal looks so good!!!!!

It was a great brunch! I really enjoyed my time at Homecomin'!

Haven't seen the Lady and the Tramp Dooney...LOVE it!!!! I love the Winnie the Pooh bags too. I hope to buy a new one in October...

All the Dooneys are so cute! I'd go broke if I bought every one that I liked. @Lesley Wake just got me the Winnie the Pooh version from Disneyland since they are sold out everywhere else, and I'm so excited! I wasn't going to get one but @ArielSRL showed us pictures of hers and it's the cutest Dooney ever...:littleangel:

Read through off and on all day while doing other things! You know I love a solo trip!!

Haha I know you do!! When is your next one?

So jealous of that refurbed Pop room. Definitely NOT what mom and I had on our quick overnight in October before moving to the polynesian. I keep telling DH we could do it for a late night room b/c aside from the old room I liked Pop, but he hated Movies so much he can't get past it. I showed him your pictures and he said he wouldn't be so against it now if needed b/c it looks so much brighter.

It was a really great room! Even I was surprised when I first walked in, so bright and more spacious than I thought it would be. I guess they are redoing all the All Stars to look like Pop so I'd like to stay at an All Star one day too!

Oh my gosh, I'd have been miserable trying to find my way to Saratoga Springs! I'm glad you ended up getting there ok, but what a crazy night!

It was certainly an adventurous night, I was just glad I was lost at Disney and not anyplace else, that would not have been good. :laughing:

Ooh, a HEA party?? Might it be the after fireworks one?? I have it booked for New Year's Day and I'm anxious to hear about it if it is!

YES it is the after fireworks one. It was magical. :wizard:

That's a lovely view! It looks so peaceful

It was a lovely view!

It's so gorgeous from that side of the river

It is! It kinda took my breath away considering I couldn't see a thing at night and was greeted with this view today.

That's another great view! I don't know about a patio in the middle of summer though.

Yeah, I would have preferred to be inside but it was fine because it was still early and not too hot just yet.
But it got much much worse that day...:laughing: so I would not recommend anything after 11am on the patio in the summer.

I think it looks really cute on you!!!

Thanks! Not quite for me though! Maybe after some serious alterations....:laughing:

Best sister ever!

I totally am...most of the time. :littleangel:

I love you VLOG! You're a natural in front of the camera :-)

Aww thank you, I beg to differ, but thanks!

I would have been freaking out walking being lost, walking all that way at night by myself :scared1: I think it's so weird that CMs are allowed to say, "I don't know." If she had, you probably wouldn't have gotten so lost :confused3

I don't know if the CM gave me wrong directions or just not enough detail. There must be a way to get across from the way she told me. I must get to the bottom of this. - is there or isn't there a ways to get to Saratoga Springs from the West Side of Disney Springs? Hmmm

You still look cute in the Tiki dress, but I like the other one better, too :P

Thanks! I like it better too.

That's one heck of a view! :cloud9:

Yeah could be worse. :cool2:

This would have been my choice too! I LOVE fried green tomatoes!

It was good! Vary tasty, would have liked the yolk runnier though..

The print is awesome! Even if you didn't end up getting/loving the dress itself. ;)

I agree I liked the print, they should do it in different styles!

So would you rather do Homecomin for brunch or dinner?

Hard to say, I would base it on what you want to try on the menu. The egg entrees are only available on the Brunch menu I believe. If you just want the fried chicken then you can go anytime!

What a gorgeous view of Disney Springs :lovestruc

It really was stunning!

Your drink at Chex Fartsmith's (hehehe) sounded amazing!! I don't drink, obviously, because my brain doesn't like it...but I would consider trying this anyway...maybe Nathan would split it with me. :laughing:

LOL. I think your brain may like this! It's fruity and not terribly potent :)

And your meal looked tasty! I'm with you about the runny yolk though. I'd like to try brunch there someday, as well as at Raglan Road. I need to take a trip sometime that's only Sundays! Why can't brunch be available more days of the week—we're all on vacation down there anyway!

I agree! Sometimes we leave on Sundays and can't make a sit down meal so I think every day at Disney should offer brunch!

I didn't think you looked like a lampshade at all in that dress! But I'm glad you found one online you liked better. It should definitely come with you on the big Dismeet trip!

LOL I certainly felt like a lampshade! I think it's also not usually a dress I'm used to wearing, all vintage-y and flare, I usually wear things that are much simpler so it was a bit too much fabric for me when I tried it on! Think I just have to get used to the silhouette.

Super behind with the trip and then trying to tackle a new work week, but getting there. Mmm, your brekkie looked so delicious! And you even started off with a drink! :) A little vacay day drinking. ;)

Your view was simply amazing. And the walk and view from the "other side" was, as you say, very pretty!

I agree that dress didn't match well to you. I think the cut is weird, and while I do love the prints, I have passed multiple times as well thinking the pattern is just (cut, I mean) ... odd.

Ack, I'm so behind on all your reports (and now you have a pre TR!). So I'm playing catch up.

That ice cream martini looks both wonderful and disgusting! The sign of a really good treat I think :rotfl2:

Ack, I was starting to get worried for you, getting lost going to SS! I was like "is the next entry going to be about how she spent the night on a bench??" :confused3 Luckily you made it and eventually, later so did your luggage!:thumbsup2

That brunch looks very yummy and fancy....the cocktail sounds like it would compliment the meal perfectly, and something different from a mimosa.

The green dress was cute but agree, it wasn't the right fit for you. But it's ok, because you rock so many other amazing disney dresses :Pinkbounc

It truly is!!!

I'm so excited to get mine!! :love:

Your view was simply amazing. And the walk and view from the "other side" was, as you say, very pretty!

So pretty! I had no idea considering I was walking in almost pitch black and my eyesight is not the greatest in low light. So lucky I didn't fall or walk into anything! :upsidedow

I agree that dress didn't match well to you. I think the cut is weird, and while I do love the prints, I have passed multiple times as well thinking the pattern is just (cut, I mean) ... odd.

Me too! I have refrained from buying the dresses because they are not really my style. But the one I bought - I saw someone wearing it and it looked better so I took the plunge.

Your Homecomin brunch looks delicious! So many items on the menu look appealing!

Sounds like a nice morning at Disney Springs!

It was a great morning at Disney Springs, made up for the lack of directions the night before!
The food was great too! I love a good brunch!

Much better walk in the daylight !

That's for sure! :)

The brunch at Homecoming looks great especially the drinks :drinking1

Yes! It was a great brunch!

Glad you had time to shop more before heading to EP
Love your photo booth photos so cute

Thanks yeah I didn't show much the night before either!

I too have a weakness with the Dooneys
My latest :rolleyes1
a98d3303-6241-4105-894a-23ce96dc9ba3-jpeg.339287

I love it! I love the Peter Pan print! I also like how it's black and white so very neutral and goes with everything. :)

I love reading your travel reports. I was searching random stuff on Etsy the other night and came across a pair of ears that has popcorn on them- it made me think of you and your popcorn bucket

That ice cream martini looks both wonderful and disgusting! The sign of a really good treat I think :rotfl2:

Yeah it was one of those things I just had to try once...I'm glad I did though I would definitely share it next time!

Ack, I was starting to get worried for you, getting lost going to SS! I was like "is the next entry going to be about how she spent the night on a bench??" :confused3 Luckily you made it and eventually, later so did your luggage!:thumbsup2

Haha wouldn't that be something..."Disboarder found lying on bench in Disney Springs because she never found her way to Saratoga Springs" :rotfl:
The luggage took so long but, oh well, that night nothing else could surprise me. :laughing:

That brunch looks very yummy and fancy....the cocktail sounds like it would compliment the meal perfectly, and something different from a mimosa.

Yes! It was different than a mimosa and I liked it better than a mimosa!

The green dress was cute but agree, it wasn't the right fit for you. But it's ok, because you rock so many other amazing disney dresses :Pinkbounc

Aww thank you!!

I love reading your travel reports. I was searching random stuff on Etsy the other night and came across a pair of ears that has popcorn on them- it made me think of you and your popcorn bucket

Thank you so much for reading! :hug:
Wow those sound like my kind of ears!! I will have to check out Etsy! I am a little behind in preparing for my Sept trip. I hope I can still find some ears that will ship out to me quickly.

Joining in. I'm traveling solo next month, so I've been looking for solo trip reports. It's been really fun to read, and has lead me to some of your older ones. Can't wait to hear about the rest of this trip!

They are super cute!

They ARE super cute!!
I just ordered a bunch of interchangeable ears through Aloha Ears. They don't have a popcorn design though, but maybe one day!

Joining in. I'm traveling solo next month, so I've been looking for solo trip reports. It's been really fun to read, and has lead me to some of your older ones. Can't wait to hear about the rest of this trip!

Hi! Thanks for joining! It was wonderful traveling solo...just dont' get lost, LOL!
Will head over to your PTR now!

I don't visit that side of Disney Springs regularly,

I don't visit Disney regularly! :eek:

The map they sent was not very descriptive

No kidding! I just spent 5 minutes staring at it trying to figure it out!

It looked like this, but imagine it less blurry and darker.

:lmao:

Oh look, parking for Minnie Vans!

Don't you wish you could just take one right about then?

I kept wondering if I was on the right path, I mean I HAD to be because a CM pointed it out,

Uh, huh.

I have a theory that because they are not allowed to say "I don't know", that they will give their best guess if they don't know.

To make things worse, the ice cream martini was starting to make my tummy feel a little unsettled, I think I needed some real food although I wasn't completely hungry, you know? :worried:

Awww... Poor little Sue-Lynn. :hug:

I did a quick google search and found some old DISBoard thread about a new pathway to Saratoga Springs which opened near the Marketplace, so I decided to walk back AROUND to where I started, then walk all the way to the Marketplace from there. :eek:

Oh dear.

While I walked back, I recorded more video of me like, LOST. It's pretty funny now that I look back at it. But not terribly funny when all you want to do is get to your room at sleep at that point.

Me, then: :sad2:
Me, now: :lmao:

Know the feeling well.
Then... not so great. Now... funny story.

BTW, I had to turn the lights off of my ears because I was a walking target for bugs!!

ew

The ferry stop was right there so I got on line, but after a boat came and left and only like 4 people were able to get on, I decided to also leave. :rotfl:

No kidding! Places to go! (bed... still a place.)

Saw this SOLO backdrop outside the Star Wars store so had to get a picture because it is the theme of the trip!

::yes::

Love that shirt!

Except they had ran out of chicken for the ramen, which was fine with me as I really just wanted the noodles and soup but they said they had to charge me the same price either way so they threw in an extra egg. So I pretty much had like an egg drop soup ramen. :)

Hmmm... not sure if $$ for egg = $$ for chicken.

It really hit the spot! The broth was full of umami flavor and the ginger helped calm my stomach.

Good. :)

I found 3 very nice bath bombs. Oh I so desperately needed those tonight.

I can see that. You've walked more than the circumference of the Earth!

I came upon the Congress Park section after less than 10 mins. So I also realized that coming from that end of the walkway I wouldn't be able to figure out what building was which since i faced the back of the buildings. There were no signs! It was pitch black except for a few grounds lamps. I studied my map again and I saw my building in relation to the pool area and walked that way. I saw a back door, thinking I can get in, I reached over to open it. NOPE. Doesn't open. There was no place to scan your band either so I kept walking until I got the front of the building and realized that yes it was the correct building and I could finally find my way around.

You're just not catching any breaks, are you?

Pretty room!

Finally 45 minutes later, I had my bag.

:sad2:

Here it is, my SOLO Trip Vlog part 1.

Well... I'm at work, so I'll have to take a look later.

One where I hopefully wouldn't get lost!

:rolleyes1

Homecomin' Kitchen by "Chez Fartsmith" (I've found out many people refer to it as that and I clapped and laughed like a toddler when I heard it!)

:lmao: I like that!

since I was literally staying right next door to the Springs

It was only a 4 hour walk!!!

it seemed only fated

After your previous comment, I read that as "It seemed I only farted".

This time, however, I knew my way to Disney springs!

Benefits of getting lost (provided you don't stay lost)

what I didn't expect was to be greeted by this amazing view! I guess I never saw Disney Springs from this side of the river before, it's really pretty!

Nice!

I set off on the path. Here's me being silly:

:goodvibes

Seat during brunch:

zWvZiojoV0vARDji0N4bnDuxt0p74xfcCTM1WZ9gccU6lBQ5FgeyJp0m9-c3c70X6Pql3_vaP9ruZCx_KQz6erkm8sw9tso6tx6Jz2lypHfpZoIyJfs-3_FtUpHaAFCAXfUwnX0ULsBnwFJq8C6XSCGxrwnWB6-xRjTjyyk2Di1HeyQHwNS7j1ZJZOnMnZKVCxSrBT3-0eAUJ5U8wvH8bFSFOihItj_wDvYv6Uykkc5M5Hk3aBW29OOUo1GzoefjdQg0X1JC8AlrjrQBxRzxuTX8-al0Fv_pgDVyHYWPK73YLXTnJB6JYM-j97gLTo52iN5MU_wQkP7yLT7iJJ5S0EQsdYCckYIs8oXRgjvhsMG84uYK4OdlryoClcfo4iOaiYcD4ZQaiV8fg1cXrVnEoib2UkfsE33c7dfQGWRU58oVg8coTDwTYtVfDnv7KJd53EiQSlOoBvMwXVbGsLInuptkcHCI41_B1br1k9ZW0jagrbCIK0N52ZphWz_73hlnHDGUEZf_yh27xBGJ_GzHT5e35k46R6pWHfvHCNEh1oPCGBEwvzU_sq1e31bm2qlvJe69oCOsI7ky7Vd3FoNV9Z0ZqUjRAKPVoqLI-LjY=w687-h915-no

I like it. Cozy.

I decided to start off with a cocktail, because it was 5'oclock somewhere and I was on vacation.

::yes::

It has Tito's vodka, muddle orange and strawberries, a splash of fresh OJ and agave syrup.

oooh, that sounds good.

fried green tomatoes which is layered with fried eggs, griddled and shaved ham, and topped with a remoulade sauce served open faced on a cheddar drop biscuit.

Yum!

I bought my niece Sienna a few t-shirts because her mom (my sister Chunkytwin2) called and said she refused to wear any t-shirts except specific ones with Minnie on them so could I be so nice to purchase her some? Not a problem, coolest aunt to the rescue! :cutie:

Nice of you. :)

Here was my outfit for this morning: Just a tank and a skort

Cute!

And this was the dress I tried on: The green Tiki room dress.

XVmqYuA_0zxY-z3NpbsWurO2xhqbT5vZEy8l4Din7MUW4tZyUh_jQP8jOXR6x3Y31wiSsuunQP4OuV6XDDyD_TVYPMQ_wYMAJ3MhKiyYrRa_mnnnUlVG7JDcrqN8qOz0Z4cnwQGW54HirCthglIdoqXv_5d9OkyTcX87EM6N9jFniEQnumurWNcUwXDO5dC2fmhCId4VKxQyHm7LPOBOza9C4suFId8j_eiTgiYzoDDFVAw0a3YraJvD-OOcriRu5Okf-SQH2RfdTPAfpgAmXs0RHMpGlh-bRAwEfFW61Hg5tgcRsZGJdrw_NQsU50eVvJx8mv-F5l7PhoZplHZ3auM5yCNKs9Wr_D6UOVieqrDIsjnXks33tVCsfl8sYOrzj3rT5OJep3zzGkUqOqHV_MBG35b2P5qhRj_KBaf0owcwKmOGUtwiXP9rXiEPTXNlb8RPlj7QK5CXplYXUp5B6JZP0YJ9aTFBnBgVUC3uQjadl8DwbOCMuPBMjsFzj9RwwChbGPiEG7h5SFqrIkccJxptTXGM3G91pt6Ub6BcLqI_EXq4AJisGAE6i2__UVI4OzfHrnEWIbIrcKhAp3wqntBV1tSnv2nRF6Jg953G=w619-h825-no

Someone does not look thrilled.

lo and behold, I found the rose gold earrings!!

Yay!

Had some fun in a photobooth.

:laughing: Had fun there, did you?

pick up my popcorn bucket.

Yuss.
Need to go on a cruise just for that bucket. :laughing:

This was the the view from my room.

Nice!

I guess I never saw Disney Springs from this side of the river before, it's really pretty!

I've had rooms with a view of Disney Springs a couple times now, it's not bad at all!

Here's the new brunch menu. The menu was so new it wasn't even up online so I couldn't even peruse it ahead of time like I normally do with Disney restaurants!

Yeah, I usually know what I'm going to get before I even get to the restaurant! :laughing:

I decided to start off with a cocktail, because it was 5'oclock somewhere and I was on vacation.

Works for me!

It has Tito's vodka, muddle orange and strawberries, a splash of fresh OJ and agave syrup. It was delicious!

Sounds like it!

I got the Fried Green, Eggs, and Ham. The "Green" was fried green tomatoes which is layered with fried eggs, griddled and shaved ham, and topped with a remoulade sauce served open faced on a cheddar drop biscuit. This was served with your choice of side and I got the yummy grits.

That looks like a TON of food!

Speaking of Dooneys, I really love the new Winnie the Pooh print! I know @ArielSRL got a bag! :thumbsup2

I got one too!

Haha as if you didn't already know from my expression above, I did not come back home with that dress. It is not really my style, and it also didn't fit well,

Really? I think it looks great on you!

I did find out that they are stretchy too which is nice as they look so rigid in pictures.

That's interesting. I have five of them and none of them are stretchy. They are made with high quality durable fabric and while I wanted to wear one them when I went tot the park last weekend, it would gave been way too warm in the heatwave that we are having currently.

I have since recently procured another dress shop dress which I like a lot better! I got it from ebay since it is no longer in the stores.

Which one? :hyper:

My first time taking the bus at Saratoga Springs! I don't remember how long I waited but it was probably the regular 15 minutes since if it was earlier or later I probably would have remembered!

And you were at the second to last stop so you didn't have to endure the 20 minute loop around the property!

March 15-20: Swan

BCV March 14-20

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter