So..they are charging for parking...

tawasdave

I may be getting older..but refuse to grow up
So they are charging for parking at the hotels...so if I go to see Piano Bob and I get there a bit early are they going to charge me to park?

Do they charge if you are staying there? We are planning on driving to Orlando in August

Yes. If you have a resort reservation, they charge you to park your car at the hotel, by the night. Prices vary for value, moderate, and deluxe resort. If you go to a resort hotel for dinner, shopping, or to look around (i.e., you are only there for a few hours), there is no charge.

Does anyone know the rates? We will be driving down in November, staying at AKL, but if the rates are too expensive it may be better for us to fly Southwest.

$13 for a value, $19 for moderate and $23 or $24 for deluxe. If you booked before Match 21, 2018 there isnt a parking fee

Thank you! We booked in January, I think, so we should be exempt this year then. Thanks for the good news!

Easy way to check / verify if you still qualify for free overnight parking, if the first five digits of your Disney reservation number are 48079 or less, that's the magic number for free overnight parking as of 3/21/2018.

Note: 48 = 2018 since Disney World started reservations in 1971 starting at 01, the next 3 digits are the day of the year with Jan. 1 = 001 and 3/21/2018 = 079

Dave

$13 for a value, $19 for moderate and $23 or $24 for deluxe. If you booked before Match 21, 2018 there isnt a parking fee
And as everyone knows the parking lots at the Deluxe Resorts are much nicer and have more Disney Magic, than those of the inferior Value Resorts, or the not quite as inferior and cost twice as much but still not deserving of the finest, Moderate Resorts.

Do they charge if you are staying there? We are planning on driving to Orlando in August

That’s exactly who they are charging.

And as everyone knows the parking lots at the Deluxe Resorts are much nicer and have more Disney Magic, than those of the inferior Value Resorts, or the not quite as inferior and cost twice as much but still not deserving of the finest, Moderate Resorts.

:upsidedow

I’ve often commented on the superior lines at the deluxes. It’s the attention to detail and craftsmanship that really sets it apart. I sometimes circle the lot twice to take it all in.

I’ve often commented on the superior lines at the deluxes. It’s the attention to detail and craftsmanship that really sets it apart. I sometimes circle the lot twice to take it all in.
I agree.
My Son In Law and I toured the Polynesian parking lot for forty five minutes one Sunday morning while the girls went inside to wait on our breakfast reservation.
We told the girls that we were looking for a parking spot but we were really enjoying the magnificent color scheme and mathematical precision of the lines.
(If you believe that......)

Am I crazy thinking that it should be the opposite? That hotel guests should have free parking while those going for ADR's/visiting/touring should be charged? I don't have a dog in this fight as we never drive to WDW and we are DVC (so free parking anyway), but it seems like it is backwards.
Yes.....
It appears to be backwards.
I blame the loosening of the drug laws for the abundance of such foolishness by Disney Management. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter