So it's been almost 2 years now with the Soarin upgrade. Is it better?

Where would you rather soar?

• Gimme back the old Soarin' over Cali!

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Soarin' the world is way better!

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 21 18.8%

• Total voters
I never saw the old version and I am fine with the CGI but the distortion drives me crazy. Disney, the very thing you are founded on is making movies. Inexcusable that the distortion is so bad. Go shoot another movie. It cannot possibly cost that much.

My DH and kids are not at all bothered by it though.

Seriously, with drones now how much can this cost?? Do another movie, this one is bad and it most of it is glaringly fake.

I remember very well the transitions from scene to scene, and the glaring distortion. However, no CGI jumped out at me. What scenes used it? Maybe (for example) the polar bears?

We have always used our Tier 1 fast pass for Soarin' and then done TT as single riders. Well, that won't be the case anymore; we'll finally be able to ride TT together! As far as I'm concerned, the distortion in the new Soarin' makes it unwatchable.

I got the middle section tonight and it was better...

But honestly I am still on such a high from Flight of Passage, Soarin’ was...pedestrian.

I loved the old Soarin' and we enjoyed it every time we were in EPCOT. The new Soarin' is ok, would never ride it without a fast pass and sometimes we just skip it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter