So How Do We Feel About the Changes to Be Our Guest?

William Ades

Mouseketeer
I've been following the boards and Disney Parks Blog article about the changes coming to BoG, and I was shocked to see that the Prix Fixe menu will in fact be replacing the standard dinner menu. Add to that the prices, especially the 2 TS Credit requirement and I am thinking Disney may have over reached here. I'm sure it will have a pretty big demand still at first, and a lot of first timers may still try to go. I am curious about those of us that have been before. Does this interest you at all? For me, I wasn't impressed with the service or food when we went last summer. The ambiance, the decor, the environment, and of course meeting the Beast were the only things that made it "worth it". Outside of that, they were going to be hard pressed to get me back in there for what we had to pay. The fact that it is now a Prix Fixe menu that even my adventurous pallet has no interest in, and it will now be double the price makes that even more so. It might as well have a tombstone outside the Haunted Mansion because it pretty much puts BoG in a coffin and buried for me and my family. Thoughts?

I'm fine with it, really. I think there are plenty of french fries available in the park elsewhere. Every restaurant doesn't have to be for every taste.

For people who are married to the Dining Plan, this is definitely a wrench to plans, and for people who wanted a cupcake and water to meet Beast, well...

For the meal, I don't think the prices are bad if paying OOP. Would I use two dining plan credits? No way, definitely not worth it. I do think it will make breakfast and lunch even more difficult to get.

Well someone in Disney thinks that their are enough 1 and dones who will still fill the place. We stay deluxe a lot and I know with 2 credit places like Jikp's, Yachtman and Morimoto there I would not waste 2 credits here. Once upon a time Le Cellier was almost impossible to get. Now not so much some friends got an ADR there with 1 days notice. I suspect that BoG's breakfast and lunch days as a CS are numbered to, You can bet some money counter there is already pushing a 2 credit breakfast.

I was never able to get an ADR in the past, but with the new menu it is a must do for my family. My kids are 12, 9 and 2 and for years have had to pay for adult meals for them to eat “real food” ( that’s what my older two say). I have my fingers crossed the kids menu will look like the adult. If not I don’t think $55 for the 3 course is that bad.

On a different not I feel like Disney is the perfect place for kids to try new things. If my kids try the snails and giggle or spits it out no one is going to judge, but at a $100/$150 per plate place must guest would.

We just got back and I complained to my husband about the lack of TS in MK. Yes MK has TS, but none of them gets me excited and the new menu at BOG does.

Fully on board with it.

Hopeful that they change breakfast and lunch to a fixed price TS format, as well.
I agree. I don't understand why it is QS when it's clearly a TS restaurant. I don't mind the idea of a set menu if I like what they are offering but the 2 TS credits sounds a bit much to me. At least I have eaten there before so, I did get to experience it.

I mentioned yesterday that I am glad we have our 1 credit dining ADR there next week. I think after that visit we will have had 5 dinners there (and one lunch) total over the years. Having said that I am glad that I am dining there while it's one credit...that's only because I am on the dining plan this time. I would pay cash for an upgraded experience. I think it's high time a gorgeous venue like that is serving something besides cupcakes for dessert. I knew this day would come.

On a different not I feel like Disney is the perfect place for kids to try new things. If my kids try the snails and giggle or spits it out no one is going to judge, but at a $100/$150 per plate place must guest would.

I think this is HUGE!!!!!!! This is the perfect place to try these adventurous foods. Don’t like it? Okay. But you can say you tried it and there are still tamer items on the menu like a filet or onion soup. You have to order the appetizer anyways so why not try a different app and a safer meal? No harm no foul same price regardless.

I would never use the dining plan for this meal because 2TS credits are worth much more than $55 in my opinion. You could use 1TS on Boma which is between $40-$45 per person in the summer. With that being said, depending on the quality of filet they have, this may be a deal. Think about what you pay for a filet at other signatures on property. The filet at Flying Fish and Shulas are close to $55 just for the main course. You throw in a beverage, app and dessert and this looks like a pretty good deal if you order the filet and it is of similar size and quality to the filet at other signature restaurants on property.

Fully on board with it.

Hopeful that they change breakfast and lunch to a fixed price TS format, as well.

I just checked in the comments section on the Disney Parks Blog announcement - this is only for dinner. The other menus will remain the same. Which is a relief to me because we want to try lunch this time. We had dinner before and it was just OK. I'm not sad to see any of the selections go, but also not excited for the new ones. So fingers crossed we like lunch instead!

Fully on board with it.

:worship::worship: I think we have complained since the day they announced breakfast as prix fixe and never followed through. PLEASE change breakfast but bring the price in line if everyone is paying. It only creeped up that high for all the eaters to cover the non-eaters. Lunch, be nice if it was a well run rather than all the chaos, MK needs more TS especially once the crowds descend for Tron. Let this beautiful venue have a what it deserves.

Agree completely. I'm hopeful that they'll offer something for dessert other than a stupid mini-cupcake or something you can get from the local donut shop.

:worship::worship: Since day one I have tried EVERY SINGLE daytime dessert, and the dinner grey stuff (all the rest was the same). HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. I can go to my local Publix and get the same thing. Dinner grey stuff was virtually inedible, a brick topped with chocolate cool whip. I never understood how it was a value to get the same quick service dessert offered to me for my table service dinner. It was lazy and a poor value for DDP. If they want to leave that stuff for lunch, fine .... but dinner deserves so much better. We still enjoy our lunch there but we do not get the desserts, way too many options outside that are better, and for the price, I can get a much better much bigger cupcake elsewhere.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter