Snaking around the world with no festivals…

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
What does one get from each country when there’s no festival?

Also, do you make any ADR for any restaurants?

During festivals, we just eat at the booths.

What does one get from each country when there’s no festival?

Also, do you make any ADR for any restaurants?

During festivals, we just eat at the booths.

I'm not really sure. Last August, we hopped to Epcot on 4 of our 6 days - -for GOG and for festival food & drinks. I have a 9 day trip planned for this August (pre-festival). We are planning 2 half days. Maybe an evening if our Fantasmic night & MK fireworks night do not get rained out. Without the festival booths, there's just not enough to keep us there. I'd be on board for a Drink Around the World, but I can't drink like that in the August heat.

No ADRs for us. My son has celiac disease; most of the Epcot sit down restaurants are not very accommodating.

I don't get things from every country, but here's what I like:

1. Grand Marnier slushy with extra shot (share this with DH)
2. Ham & cheese croissant and chocolate mousse from Les Halles (everything here is good)
3. Funnel cake from America
4. Wine and/or limoncello from Italy
5. Sake from Japan
6. Pretzel from Germany
7. Margarita from La Cava in Mexico (also share this with DH)

DH and I like to share some drinks because we can try more drinks without getting drunk. The margaritas from La Cava are very strong. If I had one of those I'd be finished for the day. Of course we share the food too.

I am not a fan of Epcot without a festival because the QS food places get uber busy. So we don't usually eat at Epcot then. We will just get a couple drinks and watch Command Performance in the UK and then head to:
A) BW/BC area to a lounge like Martha's Vineyard or a pool bar (eat off lounge menu or just get another drink and do B)
B) go off property to eat on way home
C) gondola to Riviera for Bar Riva (great food there, IMO)
D) once in a blue blue moon, we do walk up to Spice Road Table

If we are with other folks we may do an TS somewhere. In past year we did Via Napoli, Biergarten and Coral Reef and have Space 220 coming up with the inlaws in Aug. Via Napoli was the best bang for our buck and yummy.

As for QS, a couple times we have ordered from the American BBQ place as mobile order. That is yum!! And great drinks at the bar outside there (moonshine sour and my Broadside red wine on tap).

Last edited:
The QS food in Mexico is pretty decent. We enjoy the bowls and tacos at La Cantina de San Angel and the empanadas from the margarita stand (and the margaritas :) ).

Literally anything at Les Halles in France will be good. Good luck finding a seat, but the food is wonderful. Also the ice cream at L'Artisen des Glace is fantastic.

For other sweets we head to Germany. We love most anything at Karamell Kuche and the pretzel bread pudding at Sommerfest is delicious.

I've never had them but the fish and chips in UK are extremely popular. Added bonus - grab a beer at the Rose and Crown pub, go grab a spot in the garden maze area and chill.

While everyone raves about the Karamell Kuche caramel popcorn (rightfully so), the maple popcorn in Canada is seriously good and a bit less sweet - think kettle corn with a maple twist.

For table service, we enjoy Spice Road Table and Via Napoli. Le Cellier is also a good choice but it's gotten so expensive that I'm not sure it's worth it anymore.

We always get the caramel cookie sandwich at Karamell Kuche, and sometimes fish and chips in England. The sit-down meals at La Hacienda are nice, and we love doing lunch at Biergarten because it's a nice break from the sun. Apparently one of the best deals on beer as well, since you can get a full liter. We did Takumi-Tei once before it was prix fixe menu.

We also sometimes just get snacks and drinks from the department store in Japan. We were thrilled to see they had the salted lychee bottled drink, as they were our favorite electrolyte drink when we traveled to actual Japan. It's not for everyone but we love it ❤️

1. Grand Marnier slushy with extra shot (share this with DH)
2. Ham & cheese croissant and chocolate mousse from Les Halles (everything here is good)
3. Funnel cake from America
Also highly recommend these three(no slushy sharing though :rolleyes1)

Going towards Mexico first, I get:
Margarita and empanada or tacos de barbacoa in Mexico

Schoolbread or Lefse in Norway, with Viking Coffee

Pretzel bread pudding and a beer in Germany

If it is cooler out the Tonkotsu ramen in Japan is tasty

Ham and Cheese Galette or butter and sugar crepe from France

Ham and Cheese Croissant or Napolean from Les Hall

Pressed Ice Cream Brioche from Les Glaces

Wine from France

Poutine from Refreshment Port

Lots of good stuff from Sunshine seasons, more than you would expect

Liege Waffle from Connections eatery

There is a new Festival favorites booth

Also love Spice Road Table
For TS, we like San Angel MUCH more than most people do.

We’ve tried to get a drink at every country a few times…haven’t quite made it yet😂

France is our go-to - crêpes, croissants, great ice cream (with alcohol if desired), but the area can get quite crowded. We also enjoy fish and chips in the UK. We have also had some great food (grilled salmon) in Sunshine Seasons.

Going towards Mexico first, I get:
Margarita and empanada or tacos de barbacoa in Mexico

Schoolbread or Lefse in Norway, with Viking Coffee

Pretzel bread pudding and a beer in Germany

If it is cooler out the Tonkotsu ramen in Japan is tasty

Ham and Cheese Galette or butter and sugar crepe from France

Ham and Cheese Croissant or Napolean from Les Hall

Pressed Ice Cream Brioche from Les Glaces

Wine from France

Poutine from Refreshment Port

Lots of good stuff from Sunshine seasons, more than you would expect

Liege Waffle from Connections eatery

There is a new Festival favorites booth

Also love Spice Road Table
For TS, we like San Angel MUCH more than most people do.
Minus the drinks, this is an epic list.

I often make ADRs at Epcot as I do like some of the restaurant choices there for sit-down meals...with family or large groups, we'll do Biergarden, I'll occasionally do Le Cellier and Hacienda de San Angel for dinners, Monseur Paul's on rarer occasions. For counter serve I'll do Connections Cafe or Regal Eagle most often, occasionally Lotus Cafe and the Creperie.

Alcohol-drinks-wise, when there are no festivals, Mexico always has their margarita stand, Morocco has some tasty fruity cocktails, France and Italy also have alcohol stands. Of course, if you're a beer drinker, you can get those at most countries.

There's also a new eatery for 'Festival Favorites' - I was there opening day in June, but didn't eat there...that menu should rotate with different offerings from the Food & Wine festival depending on when you go.

If we have a snack around day, whether during a festival or not, we usually book an ADR for SRT for about 5 or 5:30. The food is really good and we can order 2 small plates or 5 small plates depending on how hungry we are. The most important thing is that it is built in time to get off our feet and sit for an hour, out of the sun and with access to water without having to commit to a full meal.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest