Snagged one night at Boardwalk to start our trip!

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I am wait listed for the poly which is where I already have 4 nights booked... but we decided to go a day early for late EMH at MK, my son and I LOVE to be at the park late... and the only way to do that anymore is to EMH ... Anyway, so I looked to see what else was available and boom, boardwalk for the night I was looking! We have never stayed here so I snagged it! Now I have to decide what to do if my WL for poly comes open... its less points.. 7 points less and it will be a new experience and walking distance to hollywood... negative is it will be late bus ride home from MK...and of course being homeless until 4 pm the following day.... I will have to ponder the situation, but for now I am happy I got another cool place to stay if my WL doesn't come thru.

Our next stay is at BW for the Festival of the Arts!

I hope you do enjoy your BWV If indeed you so stay there. Don’t know if you want pixie dust for your waitlist to come through!:upsidedow

I dont know if I want pixie dust either! other than having to move and being homeless our second day till 4 I am super excited to check out BW! So, I am ok either way which is a great feeling!
Our next stay is at BW for the Festival of the Arts!

I hope you do enjoy your BWV If indeed you so stay there. Don’t know if you want pixie dust for your waitlist to come through!:upsidedow

I dont know if I want pixie dust either! other than having to move and being homeless our second day till 4 I am super excited to check out BW! So, I am ok either way which is a great feeling! when I first bought dvc I read about people doing split stays and I thought I would hate it.. but we did one last summer wilderness lodge and poly and I loved being able to experience 2 new resorts in one trip. And disney does make moving so easy.

Great news. I’m waitlisted for ONE night, feb 3rd, at Bwv for months now. My waitlist will end next week, so I’ll be stalking after that. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten my one night waitlist request. This is my 3rd waitlist over the last 12 months that didn’t come through. I do have a backup at okw for that first night. I had to add a night for my airfare. I booked my original reservation at 11 months out.

Great news. I’m waitlisted for ONE night, feb 3rd, at Bwv for months now. My waitlist will end next week, so I’ll be stalking after that. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten my one night waitlist request. This is my 3rd waitlist over the last 12 months that didn’t come through. I do have a backup at okw for that first night. I had to add a night for my airfare. I booked my original reservation at 11 months out.
oh man! I have had awesome luck with WL.. it could be the resorts I have waitlisted are just easier to get... good luck, I sure hope it comes thru for you. I am pretty sure we will just stay at board walk due to our friends not coming in until the poly ressie starts and dining plan ... it just works out better that way now.. we won't get it for bw night but will for poly stay...

I have a series of 1 day WLs for a standard view studio at BWV for June and had started the WLs a little past the 7 month, into the 6 month window after deciding to do a trip to squeeze out one more trip (4 nights) out of our AP. I was able to grab one night that was open and WL the 2nd plus 3rd day. About two weeks into waitlisting, the 3rd day was filled and I set up another WL for the 4th day. I'm really hoping that I get at least one more day, hopefully the 2nd so that we can spend more of our stay at BWV. I currently have those days booked at SSR. I am also actively stalking and have seen all sorts of days open up but none of them have been the days that I'm waiting for.

I have a series of 1 day WLs for a standard view studio at BWV for June and had started the WLs a little past the 7 month, into the 6 month window after deciding to do a trip to squeeze out one more trip (4 nights) out of our AP. I was able to grab one night that was open and WL the 2nd plus 3rd day. About two weeks into waitlisting, the 3rd day was filled and I set up another WL for the 4th day. I'm really hoping that I get at least one more day, hopefully the 2nd so that we can spend more of our stay at BWV. I currently have those days booked at SSR. I am also actively stalking and have seen all sorts of days open up but none of them have been the days that I'm waiting for.

It’s great when it comes through. Yes the Bwv standard studio is hard to get. Since I booked at the 11 month window I needed the same level. Ugh. I’m hoping that once I get in the 7 days prior, I can grab and modify

I hope you get it!!!

I hope you get it!!!

Thank you! I hope I get it too as I really don't want to stay at SSR lol. I'm watching it and worst comes to worst, I'll do my first day at BWV and spend the rest at SSR. I only want to spend what points I have left of my UY and not borrow any.

Last edited:
Thank you! I hope I get it too as I really don't want to stay at SSR lol. I'm watching it and worst comes to worst, I'll do my first day at BWV and spend the rest at SSR. I only want to spend what points I have left of my UY and not borrow any.
I get it.. I just stayed at ssr in November for the first time and its ok but I prefer my home resort akv it at least close to animal kingdom.. ssr is not close to any park and we don't care much about disney springs.. my kid is 10 and all about the parks! But, I love being on disney property at any resort!

Sounds like its a win win either way! I would say go for the new experience at BW, even if you can't check in early. It's a great resort and the location can't be beat. Have a great trip!

Sounds like its a win win either way! I would say go for the new experience at BW, even if you can't check in early. It's a great resort and the location can't be beat. Have a great trip!
I agree! PLus our other friends are arriving a day after us and we are getting the dining plan, so that works out better too... they would be paying for a day they won't be using if we check into the poly..so... I 99% sure we are keeping this ressie vs. waitlist given this new development!

I just want to say that my 2nd day WL came in so my first three days are now at BWV in a standard view studio! What a birthday gift from DVC today.

I just want to say that my 2nd day WL came in so my first three days are now at BWV in a standard view studio! What a birthday gift from DVC today.

Congratulations. My waitlist ended last night. Boohoo. Now all I can do is stalk for 7 days. I was waitlisted for 4 months for one night....Sunday feb 3rd Bwv standard studio....just one night. I’ll be watching because of this current storm coming in, there may be some cancellations. I sure Sure have the worse luck with one night waitlist. I don’t think I’ve gotten one in years.

Congratulations. My waitlist ended last night. Boohoo. Now all I can do is stalk for 7 days. I was waitlisted for 4 months for one night....Sunday feb 3rd Bwv standard studio....just one night. I’ll be watching because of this current storm coming in, there may be some cancellations. I sure Sure have the worse luck with one night waitlist. I don’t think I’ve gotten one in years.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for you in case I see the 3rd open up! I'm definitely impressed with my WL success for sure. I guess it does work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter