snacks on plane

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I am flying form toronto (yyz) to Orlando (MCO)
What kind of food can i pack in my carry on? Would I be able to bring jam and/or peanut butter in tupperware containers? Can I bring cut up cucumber? I find the description on the Air Canada website somewhat confusing.

Jam and Peanut butter no. They must be solid at room temperature to get through security. Cut up cucumber, US customs might have an issue with. Crackers, granola bars, store made muffins, cheese are all definitely good as I've taken all of these.

You have a bit of a double whammy here because you have to clear security (and their liquid, semi-liquid rules) and then customs. Now if you want to pack the peanut butter and jam in your suitcase that you check, that is permitted.

Hello,

We fly out of Calgary and always bring a snack bag for each of our 3 kids. This includes sandwiches, chips, granola bars, etc. We avoid peanut butter just to be respectful of other's allergies.

I think the most important thing (more important than the airlines) is to report everything to customs. You *may* have trouble with fruit and vegetables, so we typically avoid those types of things. We are always honest about what we are carrying across and have never had any problems.

We always bring food and the only thing we've ever had problems with were some fruits (citrus type) and we usually bring a couple of empty water bottles that we fill once we cross security checkpoint. We've brought PB&J without any issues.

:thanks:As a peanut allergy mom, thank you! Nothing more worrying than a possible reaction 3000 feet in the air...

No liquids (you'll have to buy/fill up after security).
Hello,

We fly out of Calgary and always bring a snack bag for each of our 3 kids. This includes sandwiches, chips, granola bars, etc. We avoid peanut butter just to be respectful of other's allergies.

I think the most important thing (more important than the airlines) is to report everything to customs. You *may* have trouble with fruit and vegetables, so we typically avoid those types of things. We are always honest about what we are carrying across and have never had any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter