Slowly cobbled together our VGC Reservation

Disney_Alli

DIS Veteran
We're taking friends to Disneyland on our still never been used at our home resort Boulder Ridge points. We wanted a one bedroom for 5 nights September 18-23 but someone beat me to the 18th by a day and then I missed out on the 19th by seconds. On the 20th I managed to get the last three nights and I set up a couple of waitlists kinda forgetting that I needed OTU points to get all my nights (my original plan was to book the 4 nights and then call at 7am my time when they opened to get the last night with the OTU points so very quickly my 2 night waitlist cleared but I didn't have the points (litterally two days earlier I almost called and booked then canceled a random night so the OTU points would be in my account but I chickened out!) So I adjusted my waitlist to the 19th only in a one bedroom or the 18/19 in a studio (all of which I have the points for) but I've been stalking like crazy to find stuff. Today I managed to find a studio for the 19th so now we have EMH for most of our park days! Yay!

Congratulations! Love VGC and that quick stroll into DCA (great for afternoon breaks at the resort). Hope you have a great trip!

Whelp I was checking at work last night at our one-bedroom waitlist had filled for the 19th. I called in when they opened this morning to make sure they cancelled our Studio when the one-bedroom was booked and looped it into one continuous reservation - this was all done very happily by a very friendly CM in less than 10 minutes and then I was off to bed. I'm thrilled we're now spending 4 straight nights in our one-bedroom at VGC and September will probably be here before I know it! I had to cancel our studio waitlist for the 18 as we're down to 11 points and it's 17 points for the one night but that's okay - at least we're only moving twice now instead of 3 times!

Whelp I was checking at work last night at our one-bedroom waitlist had filled for the 19th. I called in when they opened this morning to make sure they cancelled our Studio when the one-bedroom was booked and looped it into one continuous reservation - this was all done very happily by a very friendly CM in less than 10 minutes and then I was off to bed. I'm thrilled we're now spending 4 straight nights in our one-bedroom at VGC and September will probably be here before I know it! I had to cancel our studio waitlist for the 18 as we're down to 11 points and it's 17 points for the one night but that's okay - at least we're only moving twice now instead of 3 times!

I am hoping I have similar luck as you. I only need 2 nights in mid December, but ended up waitlisting both (separately) because they were gone before the clock on my computer turned 5:00AM. I guess my internet speed isn't as fast as others that beat me to it!

LAX

Last edited:

I am hoping I have similar luck as you. I only need 2 nights in mid December, but ended up waitlisting for both (separately) because they were gone before the clock on my computer turned 5:00AM. I guess my internet speed isn't as fast as others that beat me to it!

LAX

...I almost hate to admit this but we've cleared every single waitlist we've ever needed including several at VGC and for an AKL Jambo studio in December... so I hope it works for you too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter