slo’s WEDNESDAY 9/18 poll - Dutch Apple Pie vs. Apple Pie 🥧

Dutch Apple Pie vs Apple Pie - Questions below in post ⬇️ (m.c.)

• I prefer Dutch Apple Pie

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I prefer regular Apple Pie

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I like them both equally

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • I’ve never had Dutch Apple Pie

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • I’ve never had regular Apple Pie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I bake a homemade Dutch Apple Pie

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I bake a homemade regular Apple Pie

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I don’t like any apple pies

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
This time of year is apple season, which means there’s a lot of yummy apple treats available to eat :goodvibes Today we’re going to talk about pie - Dutch Apple Pie vs Apple Pie. What’s the difference? Below will tell you ⬇️

IMG_4720.jpeg

So which pie is the apple of your eye? Tell us today……

When you have apple pie, which do you prefer - Dutch Apple or regular Apple Pie?
Is there one you haven’t had?
Do you bake either of these pies?
(multiple choice)

For Me…….i like them both, but I prefer regular apple pie, mainly because I enjoy warming it up and putting a scoop of vanilla ice cream with it. I have never baked an apple pie and nobody in my family has ever made a homemade apple pie.
IMG_1856.png

Ok I’m weird - I make a regular apple pie but…I put the Dutch topping on it - then cover it with a pie crust - best of both worlds - no ice cream on my pie - sometimes I do cheddar cheese 🧀 ( don’t knock it until you try it ) often I just have pie !!! 🥧 Apple one of my top favorite pies ! I don’t usually eat store bought pie only homemade

This time of year is apple season, which means there’s a lot of yummy apple treats available to eat :goodvibes Today we’re going to talk about pie - Dutch Apple Pie vs Apple Pie. What’s the difference? Below will tell you ⬇️

View attachment 895914

So which pie is the apple of your eye? Tell us today……

When you have apple pie, which do you prefer - Dutch Apple or regular Apple Pie?
Is there one you haven’t had?
Do you bake either of these pies?
(multiple choice)

For Me…….i like them both, but I prefer regular apple pie, mainly because I enjoy warming it up and putting a scoop of vanilla ice cream with it. I have never baked an apple pie and nobody in my family has ever made a homemade apple pie.
View attachment 895933
I enjoy both. Recipes you could try out at home:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/12191/dutch-apple-pie/

https://preppykitchen.com/apple-pie/

I prefer a regular apple pie. I look forward to the fall so that I can buy the perfect apples for apple pie. Jonathon apples are my favorite pie apple, and a little hard to find. The farmer's market in our town is the best place to find them. I bake my pie from scratch. :)

I like my pie without ice cream.

I liked both in the past. Don't eat either anymore. Too many carbs.
And I would prefer other kinds more if I could eat them.
No one in my family really cares for apple pies.

Slo
I will be happy to send you a PM on how to make a pie I’ve done hundreds super easy !!! You will be a hit this year at Thanksgiving!!!
:lovestrucIf you’ve never had homemade pie, you’ve never really had pie. I’ve never tasted a store-bought pie that I didn’t think was too sweet and bland with most of the fresh-fruit flavour washed out. Pie is a little labor-intensive but not “difficult” to make and so very worth it.

Prefer Dutch Apple pie. When making any type of apple pie, the most important thing to remember is use 2 different types of apples. One that cooks down while baking so you get a sauce and another that holds it shape. The recipe listed above names several popular varieties based on what is available where you live.

I honestly didn't know there was a difference. Had no idea. My mom used to make a lot of pies, (sweet potato, pecan, lemon meringue, chocolate,) but never apple from scratch, just once in a while, bought a frozen one.
I guess I've had them both over the years, and never thought about the crust or topping.

I prefer regular apple pie, but apple is one of my least favorite of the common pie varieties. My paternal grandmother was an amazing pie maker, but apple was not one of her norms. She tended to work a lot with what they had growing at home, and there wasn't much in the way of apples. I chose regular apple pie though because of her. Her pie crust was out of this world and I would take that any day over any kind of topping.

I love apple pie and will enjoy any version someone is offering. Ice cream is important, and I sometimes melt some cheddar cheese on the pie if there's no ice cream.

Prefer regular apple pie, but rarely bake anymore for just the 2 of us. If I'm baking apples I make apple crisp, much easier and I can do smaller batches!

Always thought it was very weird the summer I worked at Denny's and people wanted cheese on their apple pie!

I love apple pie and will enjoy any version someone is offering. Ice cream is important, and I sometimes melt some cheddar cheese on the pie if there's no ice cream.
Lots of ice cream is very important! I've never heard of cheddar cheese on apple pie (of course, we'd never be without the ice cream!) - I might have to give that a try since you've suggested/recommended it! It would be something new for me - and new can be educational! And I also like cheddar cheese on other things!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest