slo’s TUESDAY 10/15 poll - ✨ Are You A Legend? ✨

Are You A Legend? Questions below in post ⬇️

• Yes - I am a legend at Disneyland

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Yes - I am a legend at Walt Disney World

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Yes - I am a legend at another Disney park

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No - I am not a legend. I visited one of the parks after paper Fastpasses left.

• No - I am not a legend. I have not visited any Disney park yet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - I rope dropped to get a Fastpass ticket

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No - I never roped dropped to get a Fastpass ticket

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Yes - I miss Fastpass tickets

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • No - I do not miss Fastpass tickets

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
The CB has a range of all different ages, that all love Disney and have been to WDW or DL. Some of us went early in life, some later in life and some may not have been at all but want to one day (that’s me in regards to DL). Some of us are a legend in regards to remembering certain things a long time ago, and today we’re talking about Fastpass tickets. For those that don’t know…..once upon a time, you went up to a ride and a sign told you the window of time you could come back to ride the ride. If you were ok with it, you’d put your Key to the Kingdom card in the machine and it would spit out your Fastpass ticket. You’d then give that to the CM when you returned. You could get one ticket per one Key to the Kingdom card. Then you would hold on to that ticket like a winning lottery ticket to make sure you didn’t lose it - LOL! WDW stopped using this in 2013 and I’m not sure when for DL. So tell us today……

Are you a Legend?
Did you use Fastpass Tickets at WDW, DL or another Disney park.
Did you ever rope drop to get a Fastpass ticket for a popular ride?
Do you miss paper Fastpass tickets?
(multiple choice)

* I am not sure if fast pass paper tickets were offered at other Disney parks. If anyone knows if they were offered at other Disney parks, please post and let us know. Thanks.

For Me……Yes, my whole family would be considered Legends at WDW. Our last time using Fastpass Tickets was in 2012. I will never forget how popular Toy Story Mania was when it first opened - the wait would be insanely long. So we’d get to HS really early so I, along with everyone else, could make a mad dash to Toy Story Mania. We’d enter the parks, I’d grab everyone’s Key to the Kingdom card and I’d speed walk over there (I’m a very fast walker). Even with that, my return time was always after lunch. It didn’t take long for that ride to run out of Fastpass tickets. Ahhhh……the good ol days :rotfl:I do not miss the Fastpass Tickets - I’m happy using the My Disney Experience app now. I do miss not having to pay for it - that was pretty darn nice at the time.

IMG_4759.jpeg

Super legend WDW loved Fast Pass and miss it !! I remember walking into a pavilion at EPCOT and someone giving me their passes because they couldn’t use them !!! Super excited !!! I really enjoyed Fast Pass

Legend at both WDW and DL.
Loved fast passes and miss them.
I remember paper ticket books at DL.
Always rope drop including with the early entry extra half hours.

I do like the paper fast passes and can recall rushing to Toy story to get them - thing is I always had the bad luck of getting behind someone who was getting them for 20 people in a tour group.

Also I can recall lucking out sometimes and people giving me their paper fast passes as they were leaving - this happened many times at Epcot.

I had few issue with the free fast passes in the app - what ever that was called - Fastpass+ I guess - that worked well - but I don't like the idea of getting them in advance - you should have to be in the park IMO.

Once they started allowing them to be booked in advance and you had to plan you park days well in advance I pretty much gave up on Disney - it was the final straw. I like to just show up and go with the flow - whatever bus shows up first is often the park I start with.

I was OK with the previous version of Genie+ and VQ - although I hated getting up at 7AM and booking things - it really worked out well for me and I could start at whatever park I got a VQ for.

Now we are back to booking in advance and all that - I've not looked too deep into the latest iteration as it will be a year or two before I go back. Universal works much better for me.

Last edited:
Legend at WDW.

I loved the old fastpass system. We would rope drop and hit a few of the big rides with little to no wait and start collecting fast passes. The boys would nap during the afternoon. Then when they woke up we would start using the fastpasses. (They didn't enforce the return times.) It was awesome.

When there were paper FPs our DGD were younger, and we often were at WDW with them. Fond Memories. :)

Somewhere in my old bag of office desk decor, I have some leftover FP tickets.

While I liked how the timing of the legacy system with the paper tickets worked, I came to prefer the FP+ system tied into the introduction of Magic Bands. I was at least happy to have my old school paper FP knowledge because we took the kids to DLR at the end of 2015 and while WDW had modernized to the new system, DLR was still utilizing the old legacy paper system.

I will say that I had a love/hate relationship with that rope drop rush to get them. There was definitely a certain excitement with it, but I didn't like the stampede feeling that often went along with the experience. While there was technically no running, it was still quite the mad dash and I remember seeing people fall and get stepped on a few times.

Am I Legend or just old? Like @tvguy I still remember the E Tickets from our first trip to Disney.

Used the paper fast passes with my kids in December 2006 when DH was deployed. We were last there as a family in 2009 -- can't remember whether we used them then.

Yeah, we did the Toy Story rope drop dash back in the day as well. My wife was always good with bobbing and weaving through people, so she had the job of getting there first, then would meet the three of us in line to do the first ride of the day in standby line. Usually by the time she got FPs, they were for a couple hours later, so it worked well to be able to come back after a couple more rides that morning.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest