slo’s THURSDAY 6/20 poll - Ground Coffee vs K-Cups vs Take Out Coffee ☕️

Where Is Your Coffee Coming From - Grounds, K-Cups or Take out? (m.c.)

• I drink coffee every day

Votes: 69 63.3%
  • I drink coffee multiple times a week

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I drink coffee sporadically

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I drink coffee rarely

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I never drink coffee

Votes: 27 24.8%
  • My coffee comes from grounds at home

Votes: 49 45.0%
  • My coffee comes from K-Cups at home

Votes: 36 33.0%
  • My coffee comes from takeout - barista

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • My coffee comes from takeout - McDonald’s, Dunkin, Gas Station and etc.

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 10 9.2%

• Total voters
I love Joffrey’s when we are at WDW - I didn’t know they sold grounds. Do you buy this at a grocery store or from Joffrey’s?
You can buy directly from them or through Amazon. They also occasionally have bags at TJ Maxx or Home Goods. I love being able to have it at home!

Reactions: slo
I’m a product of my environment when it comes to coffee drinking.
Grew up drinking tea but learned that coffee making was faster so it became the norm in work situations.
During our camping phase switched to coffee because it was less gear to pack and all was well until the man went decaf. He liked Sanka and I just couldn’t swallow it. So I started searching for a better tasting solution. Discovered that Starbuck’s made a decent decaf instant and it was perfect for our purposes. Still drinking it at home now when the mood hits.

Coffee most every day, decaf per my cardiologist and electrophysiologist. At home I use K-cup, Costco Kirkland made by Green Mountain. 23¢ each. II peel the seal and pull the filter, recycle the plastic cup.

When out, I stop by a Starbucks a few times a month. Several times a week I will pick up a McD's or BK. Both of those used to be atrocious as to how bad they tasted, horrible, never bought them. But then when years back McD's started their McCafe to compete to some degree with Starbucks, the improvement was immense. Now a decent cup. BK followed suit, I prefer BK over McD.

Don't like coffee and never drink it. Those k-cups (and all of the other brands) are a VERY expensive way to make a cup of coffee. They could probably give away those machines and just make their profit selling overpriced individual servings.

I drink coffee every day. We brew a 12-cup pot every morning. During the rest of the day I make a cup or 2 of Keurig K-cup coffee or a latte at home. If I’m out, I sometimes get a latte at McDonalds or our local book/coffee shop, or at the Starbucks inside Target. When we are traveling I love finding cute little local coffee shops🙂☕

When WFH I usually start the day with a home-brewed iced coffee. I have a K-cup out in my office I'll use through the day. At work I prefer the communal drip coffee, but will use the individual packets if its late in the day or there's not a lot of people in the office.

I drink a large insulated mug of coffee every morning. I guess-timate it holds something like three regular cups. We have a standard drip coffeemaker, and I generally only use Folger's coffee. My Aunt and I are the only coffee drinkers in the house and we both like it so strong a cowboy would turn it down. I use five scoops for a 12 cup pot. And I sprinkle salt over the top of the grounds-it takes out the bitterness and gives a nice, smooth flavor.
Does anybody, anywhere, use the amount of coffee the packages recommend? The instructions all say use one scoop for each cup of water. :crazy2: Gad, that would be dreadful. I use one scoop for every two cups; 6 scoops for a 12-cup pot.

1718935799987.png

I have coffee daily. I exclusively use k cups. I know there are cheaper alternatives, but I just lack the ability to make it taste halfway decent so I stick with what’s easy.

My wife doesn’t drink coffee so I make my daily cup of decaf in the Kuerig using DD K-Cups.

When I'm at work I drink pre-ground Maxwell House from a drip machine. Maximum caffeine, minimum muss/fuss.

At home, I think we have almost every way to make coffee. Drip machine, Keurig, French press (my preference), Moka pot, Pourover, Espresso machine. I guess we don't have an old-fashioned electric percolator or a setup for Turkish coffee, but that's about it.

Does anybody, anywhere, use the amount of coffee the packages recommend? The instructions all say use one scoop for each cup of water. :crazy2: Gad, that would be dreadful. I use one scoop for every two cups; 6 scoops for a 12-cup pot.

View attachment 869877
I use 11 scoops for a 12 cup pot. My scoop is a tablespoon. Your chart seems to say 8 scoops is 15-20 tablespoons, so that's a big scoop they are using!

Espresso machine here with locally roasted fresh beans. Instant doesn’t even exist in our house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter