slo’s THURSDAY 6/20 poll - Ground Coffee vs K-Cups vs Take Out Coffee ☕️

Where Is Your Coffee Coming From - Grounds, K-Cups or Take out? (m.c.)

• I drink coffee every day

Votes: 69 63.3%
  • I drink coffee multiple times a week

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I drink coffee sporadically

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I drink coffee rarely

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I never drink coffee

Votes: 27 24.8%
  • My coffee comes from grounds at home

Votes: 49 45.0%
  • My coffee comes from K-Cups at home

Votes: 36 33.0%
  • My coffee comes from takeout - barista

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • My coffee comes from takeout - McDonald’s, Dunkin, Gas Station and etc.

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 10 9.2%

• Total voters
I rarely drink coffee, I prefer tea. On occasion I'll get an iced coffee drink (made with chocolate milk) at a local breakfast place. My work also recently started providing coffee, but it's been hit or miss if they also have cream/er and sugar, so I rarely drink it.

yup - low cost ground coffee and an old school Mr Coffee drip maker. Not fancy, but makes me happy. Probably drink too much, but I've cut everything else yummy in my life down. This is the hill I'll die on lol. It's one of life's daily pleasures! :surfweb:

We grind whole beans and then cold brew them. Then heat as needed. Tastes better than hot brewed to me, and allows us to prepare a cup at a time. I enjoy usually 3 cups of decaf every morning.

I cut out caffeine from my diet about 4 or 5 years ago. That being said, I will have a cup of decaf a couple days a week, usually Keurig in the office or the occasional takeout coffee from a local coffee shop around the corner from us.

We have a Keurig because my DH loves having different coffee choices throughout the day.

I never drink coffee. I’m another one that loves the smell, but the taste doesn’t live up to the scent. I do like it in desserts. But that’s it. I’m really just not into hot beverages in general.

We do have a small coffee maker that only takes grounds. The girls went through a Starbucks phase and this was my solution to curb the spending and teach them to make it themselves. Now, my parents just use it on visits.

I NEED to have my morning coffee. And I need to have it before dealing with anything that requires my mind being engaged. ;) :teacher:

I usually fill up my 16 oz non-spill travel mug. It is the best invention ever! No more worrying about spilling coffee all over the keyboard before my hands have had enough coffee to hold a mug steady. :drinking1🥰

I had a K-cup coffee machine. While the idea of it was great, just drop in a K-cup/pod and go, the actuality didn't work for me. Filling a 16 oz travel mug means I need two K-cups - AND that means babysitting the brewing for when the first K-cup finishes so I can place in a second one and wait for that to brew. :badpc: Nope! Not happening here. I need to hit the brew button once, walk away and have the full travel mug filled when I come back for it.

So, I'm back to ground coffee, which also means I can also adjust the strength to extra strong. :thumbsup2

There are 4 coffee drinkers at our house. We use Folger's Black Silk grounds usually and drink 2 full pots a morning. The first pot is set the night before and starts automatically; whoever finishes the first pot is responsible for setting up the second. If anyone wants more coffee, we have a Keurig. Current pods in the house are Starbuck's Pike's Place, Starbuck's Sumatra, and Folger's Black Silk. We also have a grinder and beans, but that's more of a weekend thing for us.

About the only place we get coffee "out" is at the Irving Gas Station. They have a chain convenience store in them, Circle K, that has coffee machines that start with freshly ground beans. You pick your bean type/flavor, pick the cup size, choose if you want to "leave room for cream" and let it brew. Beautiful, delicious, fresh black coffee, with half-n-half, milk, syrups, and flavored creamers available to add at your discretion! It's really great coffee, and a large costs about $2. No time for Starbuck's prices, and Dunk's coffee has been crap for about 5 years now. Irving/Circle K for us!! (even my sister, a devoted loyal Starbucks fan, gets her first away-from-home cup at Irving!)

Nothing except K-cups at home, mostly standard supermarket brands purchased when on sale.

Take out coffee mostly from Wawa.

I drink a large insulated mug of coffee every morning. I guess-timate it holds something like three regular cups. We have a standard drip coffeemaker, and I generally only use Folger's coffee. My Aunt and I are the only coffee drinkers in the house and we both like it so strong a cowboy would turn it down. I use five scoops for a 12 cup pot. And I sprinkle salt over the top of the grounds-it takes out the bitterness and gives a nice, smooth flavor.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I make a cup of instant coffee. (not work making a pot as my wife works those days)
Thursday, Friday and Saturday, my wife makes a pot of coffee.
Sunday we get coffee out as a treat. Dutch Bros, a western U.S. coffee chain.

K-cups seem like a complete waste with all those used K-cups going to the landfill. And they seem expensive. Only used them in hotel rooms.

My morning coffee is made from McDonald's grounds at home. I bring it to work in a Contigo mug that keeps it piping hot for hours.

I do have pods at work for a Keurig if I want an afternoon coffee which I do maybe once a week.

Sometimes on the weekends we splurge if out and buy McDonald's coffee in the afternoon. Usually just the once on the weekend.

We have a nespresso and Keurig with both a pot and a place for kcups, H likes the pot. When my daughters are home the will usually ask if I want a coffee if they’re stopping on the way home (Starbucks, DD, independent coffee shops).

Other.

At work it comes from grounds in a reusable k-cup pod. At home it is grounds in an old fashioned drip coffee maker. I rarely get plain coffee at Starbucks or other.

usually a daily one cup using a my k-cup with whatever grounds. Going through a bunch of Joffrey's bought.
Occasionally there's a Starbuck's bought during the week

I don’t drink coffee, but have a coffee maker in my home for guests. So I occasionally buy a can or bag of ground coffee.

My coffee comes from grounds at home. I set up the coffee pot every night but don't start brewing it until I wake up. I don't get up at the same time every morning. I have a small, 5-cup drip pot that I use.

I don't like K-cups.

DH and I make a 12 cup pot every morning. I set it up at night also for the next morning. It's a very basic model so I have to manually turn it on in the morning! I drink the equivalent of 4 cups (2 mugs) in the morning, he can drink coffee all day so the rest is his. We do have a Keurig but use very rarely. The Kcups seem so wasteful and of course more expensive.

We buy whole bean coffee and grind a batch every morning. We have both a keurig and a nespresso at work that I use sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter