~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

Awesome recap! That Hollywood Studios photo is so great! I feel like I always look and feel my best right then. Haha. Congrats again on that HUGE PR!!

Love the recap! That picture in Hollywood Studios is fantastic! Congrats again!
Thanks!
Great recap! Really could feel the weight of the moment. Well done on a successful weekend!
Couldn’t have done it without your help!

Awesome recap! That Hollywood Studios photo is so great! I feel like I always look and feel my best right then. Haha. Congrats again on that HUGE PR!!

That’s the best race pic I’ve ever taken.

Great race and pics! Congrats again! I love your tank, where did you get it?

I bought it from iglowrunning on Etsy.

Congrats and awesome recap! I would love to run a half like that someday. Hope you had a lot of fun at Disney as well :)

Wonderful recap!! Congratulations on a great race!

Thank you!

Just dropping in to say I'm SO proud of you for your PR and it was great getting to meet you!!

It was awesome meeting you too! I still scratch my head at you thinking you are shy though.

Congrats and awesome recap! I would love to run a half like that someday. Hope you had a lot of fun at Disney as well :)

Thanks! I did have fun at Disney. I spent a good amount of time at Flower & Garden at Epcot. Since I had no kids with me I got to look at all the displays and visit a few food booths.

I love that recap! It really sounds (and looks) like you gave it your all, and I'm so happy that you got an awesome PR that shows how hard you worked!

04/16/18 - 04/22/18

This was the last week of my DopeyBadger plan. I was sort of sad it was coming to an end, but I have a new one!!!​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday - Rest Day

Tuesday -
  • 4 mi @ EA 13:11
  • Splits: 12:30, 12:07, 12:07, 12:12
Wednesday - Quad got twingy in mile 3 so I stopped strides. Foam rolling and ibuprofen took care of it.
  • 3 mi @ EB 12:20 + Strides
  • Splits: 12:06, 11:47, 11:23
Thursday - Rest Day. Went to the expo to get my bib, shirts, DH's ChEAR Squad items and to look around the expo and the official race merchandise. I got there a little before 10am and there were no lines for bib pick up. I made my way over to the expo building. I got my race shirts and immediately exchanged them for the next size up. They ran smaller than I liked for PHM and it was the same for SWDS. A size medium shirt from this year's races are nearly the same size as the size small from last year's races. Weird. They must have changed vendors. I walked around the expo and spent way too much money. They had the usual vendors there. Only regret I have is not buying a medal hanger, but I have the company name so I'll see if I can get the one I want online.

036B1DEC-8991-4083-90B7-59E9E6E2B85D.jpg

By the time I finished up at the expo I didn't have time to go home before I needed to pick my DS up from school and bring him to therapy. I drove over to Disney Springs and had lunch at The Polite Pig. I got a smoked chicken salad sandwich and sweet tea.

fullsizeoutput_ef4.jpeg

Friday - Rest Day. Left my house around 11:15 and ran some errands before I drove to WDW. I went back to the expo and returned a couple items because I just spent too much money the day before. After the expo I drove over to the Swan to check in. I was assigned room 666 West. I was really hoping this wasn't an omen of things to come. Turns out it wasn't! I really liked the resort. It was oddly quiet compared to all my stays in a Disney resort. It felt like I had the entire floor to myself. I unpacked and relaxed for a little while before I walked over to Epcot. I picked up my Flower & Garden Minnie Passholder magnet, bought another charm for my Pandora bracelet, checked out the F&G displays then walked around World Showcase. I wish I had a green thumb! I'm a plant killer. I had no idea this is how an artichoke grew.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_16aa.jpg

I had dinner reservations at 5:15 for Spice Road Table. I was able to check in early at 4:30. The place was empty, but quickly started filling up. My table was outdoors and it was windy, but it felt good after being out in the sun. I started with the hummus & olive appetizer and had the Mix Grill Skewers for my entree. It was way too much food and my entree was a bit greasy.

B3AB8D56-95E2-42EA-9A47-032C81F9049A.jpg

I went back to my hotel after dinner and got all my stuff ready for the next morning.

Saturday - I tossed and turned all night! I was up before my alarm could go off at 3am. I got dressed, grabbed my breakfast and went down to the bus. I ate my breakfast waiting in line for a photo with BB8. The line was really long for Darth Vader so I hopped in line for Kylo Ren. After that I made my way over to Corral C. The DJ was a lot of fun and had us all dancing. I am a horrible dancer, but didn't care because I was never going to see these corral people again! Today was the day to goof off and just have fun. I wasn't in a hurry and did a lot of walking and took as many photos as I could. The balloon ladies finished before I did LOL!!! I didn't even make the effort to run to the finish line. I happily took my time and got a selfie with a stormtrooper before I walked across it. It took me 2:05:30 to finish the course (splits: 13:14, 19:40, 23:56, 27:04, 15:05, 17:04, 19:11).

4B3143CC-4A00-4225-BDC6-EAE32FFACEA7.jpg

This is the best photobomb ever. I have no idea who this man is, but he sure looks angry :rotfl2:

IMG_3185.JPG

After the race I took a pic with Darth & Captain Phasma. I was on the very last bus back to the resort at 9am. I have never closed down a race like that! I showered and got dressed because I wanted to head over to Hollywood Studios for a coffee, do some shopping and watch the March of the First Order. The walk over to Hollywood Studios felt like an eternity and I regretted not just going over to Epcot for Starbucks. I sat on a bench on Sunset Boulevard for a while just enjoying the atmosphere. I played on my phone for a little bit when I saw someone out of the corner of my eye either taking a picture or recording a video of me. I looked up then realized three Citizens of Hollywood had been behind me being nosy looking over my shoulder at what I was doing LOL!!! I cracked up when I saw them behind me. I finished my coffee then went shopping. My daughter had bought me a Mickey soap dish and liquid soap pump for Christmas. I wanted to see if there was anything else in stock. All they had was a toothbrush holder. I use an electric toothbrush so I didn't buy it. Dumb me realized when I got home that I could use it for my makeup brushes! I watched March of the First Order and started getting hungry so I made my way out of the park. It was hot and the thought of walking all the way to Epcot seemed like torture. The Friendship boat pulled up so I took that instead. The 1st stop is the Swan/Dolphin. From there it goes to BC/YC, BW then Epcot. I got off at the S/D and walked to Epcot. My plan was to try some items from the F&G festival booths. I got some sort of beef brisket slider topped with chorizo & a pickle in America (very yummy), a potato pancake with applesauce in Germany (not very good) & corned beef poached in pear cider in the UK (delicious!!!!).

0B054FCA-BD30-4C81-9BF7-E3247B64B7D1.jpg

I went back to the Swan to rest before the DIS meetup at Hurricane Hannah's at 2pm. I must have dozed off because the next thing I knew it was nearly 2! I quickly made my way over there. I am a very shy person so this was a big step for me. Everyone was awesome and I had such a good time! We should have gotten a group pic. I stayed until 4:40ish. I had dinner reservations at Il Mulino (Italian food) at the Swan. It was fantastic and I would definitely recommend it. My waiter brought over a bread basket and asked if I was running the half marathon and I told him yes. He said he would be right back. He came back with an appetizer of marinated eggplant and salami. It was very good. I ordered the Insalata Caprese and Rigatoni con Funghi (Rigatoni with Wild Mushrooms, Spicy Cherry Peppers, Garlic and Truffle Oil).

A98C6A23-8BDD-4BE0-82BB-7B90B92C865C.jpg

After dinner it was straight back to my room to prep for the half.

Sunday - I slept so much better, but eyes popped open at 2am. I did a whole race report earlier on this thread so I won't repost all the details. DH got up really early and drove to Epcot to come see me finish. It was incredible to have him there to see me PR. I did not cry at the finish, but there were a few tears in Epcot when I knew I was going to finish sub 2:15. Thank goodness for waterproof mascara. He went back to the Swan with me so I could shower and pack. We were out of there by 10am. I dropped him off at Epcot to pick up his truck and made it home before 11:30. I took a nap and decided to celebrate with pizza for dinner. It was raining really hard and I just didn't feel like going out. We caught up with some episodes of Young Sheldon then it was bedtime for me LOL!!!

fullsizeoutput_ef5.jpeg

Love the Chewy picture and the selfie with the Storm Trooper!! That pizza looks amazing and now I want pizza!

So I've changed my title. During training this is pretty much my life with coffee and books thrown in there too. I'm in recovery week and really don't know what to do with myself. I have all this free time. I'm bored. I miss running.

I love the new title!

Also ... and this doesn't work for everyone, so maybe have a discussion with Coach @DopeyBadger and see if it will work for you, but ... I run during recovery week. I do super easy (usually at or slower than my slowest training pace) and short distances, but doing a few short runs during the week helps keep me from going stir crazy.

I love the new title!

Also ... and this doesn't work for everyone, so maybe have a discussion with Coach @DopeyBadger and see if it will work for you, but ... I run during recovery week. I do super easy (usually at or slower than my slowest training pace) and short distances, but doing a few short runs during the week helps keep me from going stir crazy.

I’ve got three short easy runs this week (2.5, 2.5 & 3). It’s just weird going from 5 days a week with longer runs to 30 minutes LOL!

I just wanted to say congrats on an amazing race!! You crushed it!!! I didn’t end up running (long story) so I’m bummed we didn’t get to meet! Next time for sure!!

04/23/18 - 04/29/18

Recovery week and........FIRST WEEK OF MY BRAND NEW DOPEYBADGER PLAN!!! Speedwork is the goal this summer ending with a half marathon in the Smoky Mountains on September 8th. Um, I don't have hills nevermind mountainous roads here in FL. There is a biking/running trail that runs through town and has a bridge with a decent slope on it I may train on once a week.

I've decided not to renew my gym membership and just get some stuff for the house. All I need for now is a good flat bench that can incline/decline, dumbbells, an exercise ball and a floor workout mat.

Weight loss is still slow going, but honestly I'm not trying that hard. I fell off the MyFitnessPal wagon again. I lost another 1.6 pounds so things are moving in the right direction.

I have finished four books in the last week and got a much needed haircut!​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday - Rest Day

Tuesday - Rest Day

Wednesday
  • 2.5 mi @ EA 12:36
  • Splits: 12:20, 12:26, 12:29
Thursday - Rest Day

Friday
  • Splits: 11:57, 12:32, 12:34
Saturday - Rest Day

Sunday
  • 3 mi @ EA 12:36
  • Splits: 12:31, 12:32, 12:34

04/23/18 - 04/29/18

Recovery week and........FIRST WEEK OF MY BRAND NEW DOPEYBADGER PLAN!!! Speedwork is the goal this summer ending with a half marathon in the Smoky Mountains on September 8th. Um, I don't have hills nevermind mountainous roads here in FL. There is a biking/running trail that runs through town and has a bridge with a decent slope on it I may train on once a week.

I've decided not to renew my gym membership and just get some stuff for the house. All I need for now is a good flat bench that can incline/decline, dumbbells, an exercise ball and a floor workout mat.

Weight loss is still slow going, but honestly I'm not trying that hard. I fell off the MyFitnessPal wagon again. I lost another 1.6 pounds so things are moving in the right direction.

I have finished four books in the last week and got a much needed haircut!​
Monday - Rest Day

Tuesday - Rest Day

Wednesday
  • Splits: 12:20, 12:26, 12:29
Thursday - Rest Day

Friday
  • Splits: 11:57, 12:32, 12:34
Saturday - Rest Day

Sunday
  • 3 mi @ EA 12:36
  • Splits: 12:31, 12:32, 12:34

Yahoo! I've heard great things about Smoky Mountain Half and I'd love to do it one day. At least you'll be training in the heat of FL so you'll be prepared for that! My suggestion for the hills, lots and lots of squats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter