Skyliner, Monorail, Boats…. All The Transportations!

Mr.Bill

Earning My Ears
I am finally heading back to WDW and want a day where I try all the transportations. I am a little strange, but just like to try the things at WDW I have never done. No specific park plans, just a relaxing day trying the new for me Skyliner. Also, I have never been on the Epcot Monorail loop or any of the ferries except for French Quarter. Soooo, I will say below what I was planning, but would love to hear if anyone has a better way to do this or if there is something I am missing.

No clue how long this will take, but I will start one morning or afternoon from Saratoga Springs and take the bus to the Magic Kingdom. Then take the ferry to the TTC. Hop on the Monorail and do the complete resort loop. From there transfer over to the Epcot loop and once the trip is complete stay on back to Epcot. Walk through Epcot to the International Gateway. Take the Friendship Boat to Hollywood Studios and then get on the Skyliner to Caribbean Beach. Then the Skyliner down to Art/Pop and take it all the way back up to Epcot. From there walk over to the Beach Club Resort and take an Uber or Minnie Van to Port Orleans Riverside. Hop on the boat and take it to Disney Springs. Once there a nice walk back to Saratoga and the trip is complete. No food or anything like that planned but am sure I will stop from time to time to get something. So, if anyone has a better way to do this, some tips, or thinks I should add something, let me know.

Sounds interesting - and like something I might try! Unless Uber/Minnie Van is on your list of must-dos for transportation, I might take the Skyliner from Art/Pop back to the hub at CB (you'll have to change Skyliner lines anyway from there), but take it back to HS (not EPCOT IG), where you can pick up a bus back to POR. Also, while you're at TTC, maybe you'll want to try a loop out and back to the MK parking lot on a tram!!

Sounds interesting - and like something I might try! Unless Uber/Minnie Van is on your list of must-dos for transportation, I might take the Skyliner from Art/Pop back to the hub at CB (you'll have to change Skyliner lines anyway from there), but take it back to HS (not EPCOT IG), where you can pick up a bus back to POR. Also, while you're at TTC, maybe you'll want to try a loop out and back to the MK parking lot on a tram!!
Yeah, I kind of wanted to try the Minnie Van one time. Wow to the parking tram. I did not even come close to thinking of that! I do not think I am quite that crazy, but you never know. ;)

I agree with the PP about getting off Skyliner at DHS and taking a bus to POR from there. Or, you could get off at EP and take a boat to DHS and then get on a bus to POR. Also, I don't know what your ticket situation is, but just making sure you know (I'm sure you do, just pointing this out for other people who may read this), that you'll need to use an admission to EP to walk from the monorail station to the Skyliner station. And depending on when the trip is, you'll need a park reservation at EP that day as well.

I agree with the PP about getting off Skyliner at DHS and taking a bus to POR from there. Or, you could get off at EP and take a boat to DHS and then get on a bus to POR. Also, I don't know what your ticket situation is, but just making sure you know (I'm sure you do, just pointing this out for other people who may read this), that you'll need to use an admission to EP to walk from the monorail station to the Skyliner station. And depending on when the trip is, you'll need a park reservation at EP that day as well.
Thanks.... Yeah, this is the only day I do not have a whole park day planned. I love Epcot, so thought I could reserve it to walk through, maybe hit Spaceship Earth on the way, and go back there for dinner later.

Thanks.... Yeah, this is the only day I do not have a whole park day planned. I love Epcot, so thought I could reserve it to walk through, maybe hit Spaceship Earth on the way, and go back there for dinner later.
And there's another form of trans - a spaceship! Gets better all the time!

And I just re-read your original post. I don't think riding a tram is any crazier than the rest of the day!!

So, if anyone has a better way to do this, some tips, or thinks I should add something, let me know.
There isn't a better way...

I've never tried the MinnieVan so that's on my route for next time!

Clearly I misread/forgot that you planned to do the friendship boat from Beach Club to DHS to start your Skyliner loop. Personally, I'd start that loop right at EP and then at the end (after returning to EP), I'd take the boat to DHS and then decide to either take the bus or a Minnie Van from there to POR. But your original plan works fine, too.

Another thing you could do to add more modes of transportation is after doing your monorail loops, instead of exiting at EP, you could go back to the TTC, take the ferry to MK, take a boat to Wilderness Lodge, and then take a bus to EP to walk through the park and start the Skyliner portion.

Clearly I misread/forgot that you planned to do the friendship boat from Beach Club to DHS to start your Skyliner loop. Personally, I'd start that loop right at EP and then at the end (after returning to EP), I'd take the boat to DHS and then decide to either take the bus or a Minnie Van from there to POR. But your original plan works fine, too.

Another thing you could do to add more modes of transportation is after doing your monorail loops, instead of exiting at EP, you could go back to the TTC, take the ferry to MK, take a boat to Wilderness Lodge, and then take a bus to EP to walk through the park and start the Skyliner portion.
I was thinking about Wilderness Lodge as I have never been. I may have to look into adding that boat. Thanks.

FYI when we were there a couple days ago, the Springs boats were not running due to low water!

We were so looking forward to the Skyliner on our first trip after it opened. On 3 separate times it was closed due to storms. So weather will factor in if you are in afternoon storm season.

We were so looking forward to the Skyliner on our first trip after it opened. On 3 separate times it was closed due to storms. So weather will factor in if you are in afternoon storm season.
I will be really sad if that happens. I will just think positive.

Yeah, I kind of wanted to try the Minnie Van one time. Wow to the parking tram. I did not even come close to thinking of that! I do not think I am quite that crazy, but you never know. ;)
Back in the day, I worked in the Magic Kingdom parking lot and every so often we had someone who wanted to just "ride the tram" with us, so you're not as crazy as you think.

Thank you thanxfornoticin, bluezy, and Lord Manhammer! I have added a Parking Lot Tram and the Wilderness Lodge Boats on Bay Lake as well as the Boats on the Seven Seas Lagoon. I draw the line at every parking lot tram. One is enough. I do not need to go in every direction, or cover every inch that something goes, but I would like to hit it if I totally missed it. I can’t for the life of me think of anything else. Of course, I thought that as well before I saw the Seven Seas Lagoon Boats. I have until December to add more. ;)

I wish I was a Youtuber or felt comfortable filming, but pretty much just want to relax and enjoy the day. I am curious if any of you have a guess how long this will take not including the ride on Spaceship Earth and various snack stops? I may go crazy once back to Disney Springs and get several items to try as I do not make it out there very often. This is only my 4th trip. 1985, 2007, 2017, and this December. Hopefully the trips keep getting closer and closer together. Anyways.... Updated "Transportation's" plan below.

I will start one morning from my home base Saratoga Springs with a walk to the bus at Disney Springs. Then take the bus to Wilderness Lodge and get on the Bay Lake Water Taxi to the Magic Kingdom. Then over to the Seven Seas Lagoon Water Taxi from the Magic Kingdom to the Grand Floridian. From there I will take the Monorail on the complete resort loop and then back to the Magic Kingdom. Then the Ferryboat to the TTC and hop on the Monorail Epcot loop and once the trip is complete stay on back to Epcot. After that I will take the Parking Lot Tram until back to the entrance. Then walk through Epcot possibly hitting Spaceship Earth on the way to the Friendship Boat going from the Plaza to Morocco. Then walk through the International Gateway and take that Friendship Boat to Hollywood Studios and get on the Skyliner to Caribbean Beach. Then the Skyliner down to Art/Pop and take it all the way back up to Epcot. From there walk over to the Beach Club Resort and take a Minnie Van to Port Orleans French Quarter. Now time for the last transportation which is the Riverboat and take it to Disney Springs. Once there, a nice walk back to Saratoga after eating everything in sight and the trip is complete.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter