Size of drops in Escape Gringotts and Forbidden Journey

justme0729

DIS Veteran
I do not like big roller coasters that have big drops...for example, Splash Mountain at Disney World I will probably ride but it is pushing it! I do really like 3D and simulator rides though. I have tried to watch YouTube videos of Escape from Gringotts and Forbidden Journey but since they are in the dark, I can't really tell. Are there any big drops in Escape from Gringotts and Forbidden Journey?

For comparison, I am totally good with Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Soarin, Mission Space, and maybe Expedition Everest at Disney World. I've never been to Universal to compare there!

Thanks in advance!!

Gringotts' drops would be smaller than those of EE at WDW. I think you'd be fine.

Forbidden Journey isn't a coaster - your feet hang and you're pulled around on a track. Your seat regularly rotates back and forth, sometimes tipping you backwards. These movements combined with watching the screen do some people in as far as motion sickness, but it's not akin to the feelings you get on a rollercoaster IMO.

There is 1 small drop at the beginning if gringos. After that there are 3 or 4 places where you are pushed sideways. No air time anywhere in the ride.

I liken the drop on Gringotts to somewhere between Pirates and Big Thunder. FJ is more like a simulator, so while you move around A LOT, you're are limited by the range of motion of the kuka arm. So no rollercoaster, stomach drop type drops.

op if you feel those rides at the motherland are not an issue,
you won't have any problems with the parry hotter rides at the darkside in regards to drops...

Wait, you don't like big coasters but you're cool with EE? The one with the straight drop down the side of the mountain? Damn. You are made of steel.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest