Singles Mingle on ships.....No Interest in Dating

DisneyClown

DIS Veteran
Someone mentioned there is mostly only women at the singles mingles, which is fine with me, because I'm not interested in dating. Just would like to maybe connect with other single mom's who love Disney so I don't necessarily have to do adult activities on my own. I know people think I'm strange because I don't want any part of dating right now, but I have enough on my plate with my kids and my job, and frankly my past relationships and marriage have left me exhausted.
My question is, has anyone went to the singles mingles on the ship and been approached by someone who was interested in making a romantic connection, when you were not interested, and how was it handled?
I feel odd asking this question because maybe it isn't even an issue, but I know it can be an expectation in gatherings like that, obviously!
The longer I'm single, the more people in my life want to "hook me up", and I've never been good at telling people I'm just not interested in their interest in me. :(

:flower1: I waited about 11yrs after my divorce to date for the reasons you mention. I think the whole purpose of the "single mingle" cruise is to mingle w/singles of the opposite sex ;) never been on one though!:fish:
I do like to go on mini vacations alone though and wouldn't disregard a cruise. I love going to vegas solo. I do keep away from "singles" advertised things because I think that's the purpose. But, maybe I'm wrong.
Anyways, I just tell men who approach me if I'm not interested, "I'm sorry I'm not looking to date right now" and I tell my good natured friends who want to hook me up the same thing.

I have been on several cruises and went to the singles lunch. I have never felt like the others were looking for a date. Most of the time it is just a few of us and we talk about our trip so far. I personally have never seen a guy there and thought I want to date him. I think it is a way for us to have lunch and not sit at the table alone. I hope this helps.

I have been to a few singles lunches on DCL and it really isn't a dating vibe kind of thing. In the ones I have been to there have only been women anyway :) It was fun to chat with them and there is usually a fairly highly ranked DCL employee there also and they are fun to talk to about living life on a ship.

Well, I'm a single guy, and I'll be there with my lounge suit on and extra Axe body spray.

u7DIqOC.gif

STAY AWAY LADIES THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH OF ME TO GO AROUND! I AM ONE WILD AND CRAHAZY GUY!

(seriously though, I won't be at the Singles Mingles or anything like that...I'm just injecting some humor)

Well, I'm a single guy, and I'll be there with my lounge suit on and extra Axe body spray.
STAY AWAY LADIES THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH OF ME TO GO AROUND! I AM ONE WILD AND CRAHAZY GUY!

(seriously though, I won't be at the Singles Mingles or anything like that...I'm just injecting some humor)

THAT is classic!!

I went on a DCL a few years ago, and I didn't even know about the single mingle. The thing I appreciated was they seated us for dinner with 2 other single Mom's traveling with their daughters. One of the other Mom's & I connected, and hung out together on the Castaway Cay day while the girls played. I think I would have enjoyed the cruise more had I been with other friends/family, when she went & hung out in the kids club I didn't know quite what to do with myself.

u7DIqOC.gif

I love those guys! I never saw them reprise their roles though! Going to YouTube it now! :jester:

Interesting topic.

Being a single dad, I would definitely be interested in the single-mingle only for the reasons of enjoying a vacation with like-minded adults and learning some tips-and-tricks. There is so much going on during a trip that you may miss certain details. Being with other adults, you might pick up on things you might have missed otherwise that would make your trip more enjoyable.

Besides, what is the real expectation of a "romantic relationship" when you're only on the boat for 1 week then going back to reality in (most likely) different parts of the world?

Interesting topic.

Being a single dad, I would definitely be interested in the single-mingle only for the reasons of enjoying a vacation with like-minded adults and learning some tips-and-tricks. There is so much going on during a trip that you may miss certain details. Being with other adults, you might pick up on things you might have missed otherwise that would make your trip more enjoyable.

Besides, what is the real expectation of a "romantic relationship" when you're only on the boat for 1 week then going back to reality in (most likely) different parts of the world?

Exactly!!

Last edited:
I been on 2 Disney cruises and went to first single mingle of both cruises and was the only one to show up. Not looking for a date but just someone to pal around with while my son is at the kid's clubs. Being that no one else showed twice, probably will not try it again, will just find my own way to entertain myself while my son is doing his thing since that is what ends up happening anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter