Sindbad stunt show at Islands of Adventure Closing Sep 15th, 2018

atricks

DIS Veteran
A heads up for anyone heading to Islands of Adventure. Word came today that the Eighth Voyage of Sindbad stunt show at Islands of Adventure is closing up next month. I have no idea what is replacing it yet. So the next few weeks are the last chances to see it.

It's next to the Hogsmeade Train Station.

Last edited:
Thanks atricks.

I always hit that show once for my trips to UO.

It was okay entertainment and I got to sit in the shade for a decent amount of time.
Always sat in the middle to watch the short action that happened there on that small platform set up.

I know it doesn't get rave reviews, but is it worth checking out if we have the time and haven't seen it before? My kids seemed to enjoy the Waterworld one in USH

Cannot wait for this announcement!!!

Poseidon’s Fury is another building that is a huge space that could be utilised better.............

Hmmm. That's one of the attractions we haven't made it to yet and I had planned to hit in Nov. Oh well. We won't know what we missed. My DD loves the mystic fountain though so I hope that doesn't get removed as well. We had a grand time chatting with him.

It is a perfect place to put in more HP though which would certainly be a bigger draw.

A heads up for anyone heading to Islands of Adventure. Word came today that the Eighth Voyage of Sindbad stunt show at Islands of Adventure is closing up next month. I have no idea what is replacing it yet. So the next few weeks are the last chances to see it.

It's next to the Hogsmeade Train Station.

Where did you see this news? I haven't seen any posts from the usual suspects on twitter, etc.

Where did you see this news? I haven't seen any posts from the usual suspects on twitter, etc.

Inside Universal Forums have reports of cast members tweeting that they were told at a team meeting yesterday that they were closing.

http://forums.insideuniversal.net/threads/the-future-of-lost-continent.3184/page-61

I really don't think that more Potter is going in there. Wouldn't be surprised to see the whole Lost Continent redone themed to something else entirely. Sinbad and Poseidon both should be better attractions.

Last edited:
I know it doesn't get rave reviews, but is it worth checking out if we have the time and haven't seen it before? My kids seemed to enjoy the Waterworld one in USH
If you have 2+ days, I'd give it a watch! It's pretty cheesy but a fine way to pass 20 minutes. As Mac said, it's nice to be able to relax in the shade a bit. :)

I heard it from some neighbors that work at the park, either way it's good enough source (is involved with entertainment at the park) for me to give everyone notice so that people don't miss it before its gone. If it winds up being changed/adjusted I'll update it, but I suspect there will be some sort of official annoucement today or next week.

edit articles starting to pop up:

https://attractionsmagazine.com/sinbad-show-closing-universal-orlando/

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...rsal-sindbad-show-closing-20180817-story.html

Universal official statement:

“The ‘Eighth Voyage of Sindbad’ at Universal’s Islands of Adventure will run its last shows on Saturday, September 15. As we continue to evolve our entertainment offerings, we will share updates along the way.”

Last edited:
Aw, that’s too bad.

And thank you for spelling Sindbad correctly. So many forget the first d. :)

Another thing that Universal may be going is "fixing" the Lost Continent -- put in a cool ride or two or update the show. What IP can go in that area?

Hope it's not more Potter. Honestly, I get people love it, but enough is enough. Would be bummed to see Mystic Fountain go, and would be downright PO'd to see Mythos go.

I was looking at the map last night and was thinking that no way it would be anything other than Potter since it's right on top of Hogsmeade. But the location is problematic thematically. It's on the other side of the station from the castle. The only thing in the books I can to think of would be the shrieking shack which doesn't seem like it has a lot of possiblity. I was also thinking they could build an enclosed walkway and then it could be anywhere and you could have a Marauder's map tie in which would be fun. But it's quite a ways so that doesn't really make sense. So I'm not sure it would be HP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter