Signing up for Jedi training- how difficult is it?

We were there about 50 minutes before scheduled park open.

We were in a different line until a cast member appeared at what was a covered tapstile to our right. He took off the cover, we jumped over to his line.

We were the 2nd group to tap, so there weren't a ton of people to maneuver through. We did break up as a group to get there faster. My wife lagged back with the stroller while my 10 year old and I played Frogger through the humans to get back to the line faster. Sure it wasn't the easiest, but the right side had the shortest line originally, and we got lucky in the end. Even had we not gotten lucky. We were 7 or 8 groups back where we started, which at the time, was the last line on the right. The further left you went, the longer the line got.

Thanks for the info and we will have to try this strategy!

If I do the 8:10am ADR at HV what time should I get to the park? Around 7:45?
What is the process with this ADR. Will they have a place to sign in and then once I'm in I can sign up before breakfast?

Last year we got there around 7:15. About 7:30 a CM went thru the line with a tablet and verified names for the Act's. The far left line is for PPO ADR's. They will let you in about 7:50 and you can go straight to the signup which is just past H&V. Then go back to check in for your ADR.

It's important to know, the tapstiles open at Hollywood Studios 30 minutes before park opening time. So, being there "at rope drop" which can often be a few minutes earlier than the official park opening time listed on the website, is different than being there when the gates open, and it sounds like people are allowed to sign up for Jedi Training as soon as the gates open and they can get their child over to the sign-ups. You can to be near the front of the crowd when the park gates/tapstiles open at 8:30, so work your way backwards off of that to figure out what time you want to be getting off the bus/parking your car.

I am curious for those who had a 45 minute wait, how early before park opening did you arrive? We may be trying to sign up next Friday, Dec 22, which is supposed to be incredibly crowded day there. So trying to figure this out for myself as well. While also keeping an eye on park hours to change!

Is the signup still in the building where the old Sound show with Drew Carey used to be?

DHS-Ctr-JTA-path_032917_zpsnkxgqowf.jpg

We have an 8:05 ADR. I think I read in a different thread (or possibly another site entirely) that CMs have been signing PPO guests up for Jedi Training *outside* the park gate. In other words, you don’t even have to go to the regular sign up area if you have an early ADR. Any truth to this?

We have an 8:05 ADR. I think I read in a different thread (or possibly another site entirely) that CMs have been signing PPO guests up for Jedi Training *outside* the park gate. In other words, you don’t even have to go to the regular sign up area if you have an early ADR. Any truth to this?

That was (or is, or might be at any time in the future) a process being tested.

Disney can "play with" the sign-up procedure and location any time they choose, leaving guests guessing.

We were there about 50 minutes before scheduled park open.

We were in a different line until a cast member appeared at what was a covered tapstile to our right. He took off the cover, we jumped over to his line.

We were the 2nd group to tap, so there weren't a ton of people to maneuver through. We did break up as a group to get there faster. My wife lagged back with the stroller while my 10 year old and I played Frogger through the humans to get back to the line faster. Sure it wasn't the easiest, but the right side had the shortest line originally, and we got lucky in the end. Even had we not gotten lucky. We were 7 or 8 groups back where we started, which at the time, was the last line on the right. The further left you went, the longer the line got.

Oh ok, that makes sense. So basically you chose the far right line because it was the shortest and then once through the turnstiles made your way left as quickly as possible.
When you were signing up for jedi training did they have multiple lines to sign up for the training itself or just one line?
Thanks for all of your information; it's very useful.

it has taken 45 minutes to sign up every time we have done it at rope drop
It took us 45 minutes when we did the rope drop option, as well. This was June though. This past June we did the PPO and I will never do it another way. We don't even care for the characters that much, but sign up took less than 5 minutes and we had a good breakfast with some Bloody Marys before starting our day. Totally worth it to our family.

It took us 45 minutes when we did the rope drop option, as well. This was June though. This past June we did the PPO and I will never do it another way. We don't even care for the characters that much, but sign up took less than 5 minutes and we had a good breakfast with some Bloody Marys before starting our day. Totally worth it to our family.

I'm starting to lean towards keeping the PPO ADR; I don't know if I'm fast enough for the RD version.
May I ask, how long did the breakfast at HV take? My son is really only interested in Jake, is there a way to ask to be seated somewhere where Jake will visit first so that we don't have to take too long for breakfast. I haven't been to Disney in 20 years and am new to pretty much everything; including character meals....I don't even think they had character meals way back when I was kid ;)

I'm starting to lean towards keeping the PPO ADR; I don't know if I'm fast enough for the RD version.
May I ask, how long did the breakfast at HV take? My son is really only interested in Jake, is there a way to ask to be seated somewhere where Jake will visit first so that we don't have to take too long for breakfast. I haven't been to Disney in 20 years and am new to pretty much everything; including character meals....I don't even think they had character meals way back when I was kid ;)
That was our problem. With a 4 yr old in tow, he and I just weren't fast enough to beat the crowds.

I'm sure there is an order to the characters so I would definitely ask if there is an area to be seated in where Jake starts first. The worst they can say is no. It probably took us 45 minutes, so we did miss the actual park opening, as our ADR was 8:15 but it is a buffet so you can easily eat quickly and leave. Just ask for the check immediately after seating.

Oh ok, that makes sense. So basically you chose the far right line because it was the shortest and then once through the turnstiles made your way left as quickly as possible.
When you were signing up for jedi training did they have multiple lines to sign up for the training itself or just one line?
Thanks for all of your information; it's very useful.

Regarding out line situation, yes. I was only concerned with getting in. I was going to bust it to the back while by wife navigated the stroller without having to rush. Remember, head on a swivel, be ready to change direction and cut on a dime. Speed walk, no running, they get mad about that. It's serious business out there. Only the strong will survive.

What I just wrote, it's true, which is kinda pathetic. The things we do for our kids. LOL.

There is one line, then there were 3 registration tables. You went to the next one that opened when you were at the front.

Yikes, that’s going to majorly mess up my touring plan! I have about 20 minutes allocated.
We went in June. Husband and son got there around 7:35/7:45 and they were second in line at a tapstile. (Farthest to left as possible) I caught up to them around 8:15. When they started letting people in, they stayed to the left. We were the fourth family to sign up (non PPO people) and we were done and back at the ropes to wait for internal rope drop before 9. We were able to pick from any time, too.

Get there early if you want to minimize the wait for sign ups. It's better to wait before rope drop than waste time after.

Anyone ever booked the ADR just to get in early and then paid the $10 no-show fee?

Anyone ever booked the ADR just to get in early and then paid the $10 no-show fee?

It's $10 pp. You'd have to make an ADR for at least 2 (adult and child), so the fee would be $20 (more if you have more children, since they all have to be present at sign up).....

Good pic Robo! When we went this December there was just a line down the treeline from the registration tables at the Adventure Outpost. The time before last the line went all throughout those trees in between the Outpost and the Stunt Show. We made it in both times.

I'm hoping that since Toy Story Land is opening, it will be easier for my son to sign up this coming August. We'll get there early to be there when the gates open and we'll head right over -- but we're NOT going to make an ADR at H&V just for Jedi Training. I guess I'll see...

We went in April and our HS day was scheduled at a 7. We booked it to the line and still waited about 30 or so minutes until we could sign up. It seems everyone at ropedrop was going for Jedi training. We snagged the earliest available time that fit with our schedules, which was 11:00 AM. They had already filled up spots before then.

An older thread so I know the PP isn't in need of the advice anymore, but for anyone else reading I have heard too that if you don't have a PPO reservation then try to be flexible with when you can do Jedi Training. We are in the same boat and don't have a PPO but I moved around our schedule 5 different times in MDE Itinerary and jotted down the 5 different times that still work with the rest of our itinerary. That way if we get to the counter and one spot we want is full there are still 4 others we can choose from and know it isn't going to mess out our other plans (rather than standing at the counter with a "ummmm" look on my face when they ask if I want a different time) Or worse - having to figure out on the fly if we can make another time work (as I scroll through my phone frantically so as not to hold up the line behind me). Just a thought :) OP: How did it go? Were you able to get the time you wanted?

I'm hoping that since Toy Story Land is opening, it will be easier for my son to sign up this coming August. We'll get there early to be there when the gates open and we'll head right over -- but we're NOT going to make an ADR at H&V just for Jedi Training. I guess I'll see...
I doubt there'll be fewer people... but arriving early is going to work no matter what, so I wouldn't worry about it.

An older thread so I know the PP isn't in need of the advice anymore, but for anyone else reading I have heard too that if you don't have a PPO reservation then try to be flexible with when you can do Jedi Training. We are in the same boat and don't have a PPO but I moved around our schedule 5 different times in MDE Itinerary and jotted down the 5 different times that still work with the rest of our itinerary. That way if we get to the counter and one spot we want is full there are still 4 others we can choose from and know it isn't going to mess out our other plans (rather than standing at the counter with a "ummmm" look on my face when they ask if I want a different time) Or worse - having to figure out on the fly if we can make another time work (as I scroll through my phone frantically so as not to hold up the line behind me). Just a thought :) OP: How did it go? Were you able to get the time you wanted?

I am new to signing up for Jedi Training, but my nephew would like to try it. What are the time slots like? Every 30 minutes? Every 20? I want to make sure I am ready with times that will work into our plan. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter