Sigma or Tamron?

garris3404

Focus on the magic!
I'm goinig to purchase the Canon Rebel XT. I would like a single general purpose lens. I'm considering the Sigma Zoom Super Wide Angle 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Aspherical (IF) Lens and the Tamron Zoom Super Wide Angle 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Lens. Any thoughts on these 2 lenese? Or Sigma vs Tamron lenes?

Hi,

I don't know how these two lenses compare to each other, but in general I would pick a Sigma. But I really replied to say look at Tokina. I like them a lot.

Jim

I bought the Tamron about 2 months ago after doing some on-line research. It's a great, all purpose walking around lens, and I used it at WDW in October extensively. It took a bit of getting used to at the longer focal lengths, but I think that has to do with the lower shutter speeds at longer lengths. I found that AI Servo AF was the best setting for very crisp shots. One thing that swayed me was the 5 year Tamron warranty, which is considerably longer than the Sigma. If you need any more info, let me know.

garris3404, your eyes will probably not be able to see any pic differences in the lens so if it were me, i would just go with the best price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter