Sick people in parks.....

What are they going to do to determine the difference between say, a hang over and the flu?
Swab and test them for positive flu test?
In other words, it's not possible for them to determine flu at the gates and as such, refuse entry to anyone

Or pregnancy!! 2 years ago I went to Disney during my first trimester.. I was exhausted and got sick in literally every park lol. But I had planned that vacation for months and I was going. If someone had tried to come at me with a cotton swab I'm sure my hormones would have kicked in :rotfl2:

I would think it would be impossible in a theme park setting to attempt to bar people for looking sick. If your worried you can just take some precautionary measures, other than that try to enjoy your time there.
- bring Clorox wipes to hotel and before doing anything, immediately wipe down light switches, doorknobs, remotes, telephone. . .
- bring wet wipes or purel to parks to use after each ride.
- wash hands before eating anything.

I have environmental allergies.

At any given time I can start sneezing, my nose and eyes will run, or my nose will clog making me sound stuffy and if it triggers an asthma flare I will get a cough and my brochals will swell against my vocal cords making me sound horse. I will in no way be sick but I will look and sound that way.

If that was a criteria I’d be kicked out of the park multiple times a trip.

We just got back from a trip this week and ate at Cape May buffet... a party arrived shortly after and were seated at the table next door to us. The lady proceeded to talk about her recent positive flu diagnosis and how she really shouldn't have left the room as she knew she was infectious, thought she should only drink water due to her fever etc. I have to say I made a quick exit after hearing this. I know that there are germs all over the park but this just really put me off.

I can attest to this after just getting over the flu that lasted 3 days. So achy that I could hardly move off the couch let alone walk around Disney. That’s the LAST thing that you want to do.

Last year my daughter and I went to Disney, 1st day there she comes down with the flu- second day I had it, both went on Tamiflu right away. Just walking from our room to the food court the first 2 days was exhausting but needed to go get food and drinks and bring them back to the room. By the 3rd we were back up and out but definitely tired more easily than normal. I have gotten the flu shot every year for the past 5 years and every year I have gotten the flu- the only thing better with the flu than a virus is there is no vomiting with the flu, I hate vomiting! The year I had H1N1 that knocked me for a loop, didn't get out of bed for 5 straight days other than to use the bathroom. We had tickets for discovery cove on the Monday we both had the flu and I called them and they were really good about it, they switched our tickets to Friday with no penalty!

If Disney had a policy like this, they'd be getting sued left and right. Can you imagine the types of people they would offend? Even people who are just simply tired could look sick. I will agree that it is very gross when you see people coughing and sneezing without covering their mouth, but that happens outside of Disney property. Anytime you're in a situation where you are surrounded by strangers, you run the risk of being around people with poor hygiene. It just is what it is, sadly.

In 2013 I caught a cold 2 days before my trip, and trust me, I had kleenex, hand sanitizer on deck at all times. Only way I was even able to make it through the day was tons of meds. Finally by the 3rd day in I was feeling better, but those first 2 days were pretty rough. But had disney denied me entry, I would have been outraged. I didn't come all that way, take all that time off of work to be turned away. I was covering my mouth and nose when I'd cough and sneeze, I was washing my hands in every rest room and sanitizing my hands multiple times a day, I was really trying my best to not spread anything.

On our last trip, our son was so cranky our first day there. We didn't understand why since he had just finished his last round of antibiotics for an ear infection and had been looking forward to visiting the Mouse. By the afternoon, he felt warm, my daughter was complaining of a sore throat, and my chest was getting tight (I have asthma). We took him to the clinic at the MK, and he had a 101.7 temp. We all went to the urgent care. DS had another ear infection (we ended up getting tubes when we got home from vacation), DD had strep, and I had bronchitis. At that time, dh was fine.
We stayed at the hotel the next day rather than hit the parks. DD recovered the quickest. She and I went for walks around the resort outside. DS stayed in the room and watched tv and slept. I still felt a little bad, but we were all fever free before the next morning. We went back to the parks and continued our antibiotics. Dh started slowly declining as our week progressed. By the last day, he went to the urgent care and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. We had intended to make up our missed park day, but we just waved the white flag and went home.

People get sick. In our case, we all had something different, so who knows where we all got it. DS was probably never contagious. Before tubes, he was getting those ear infections because of his skinny eustacian tubes. DD, with strep, was contagious, but she wasn't around anyone but us once we left the urgent care.

I do realize there are people that will show up contagious, whether they realize it or not. Next time, we will just take plenty of vitamins a few weeks before going on our trip. We will also be taking our own camper next time, so I can better control the cleanliness of our sleeping quarters. Hoping hand washing will help with the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts