Should we get a Landry's card?

3littlecuties

DIS Veteran
I've seen people say that with a Landry's card, you can get seated at Yak & Yeti right away. But if we already have a reservation, is there any reason to get the Landry's card?

Well it isn’t necessary but you could say your birthday is in the month of your trip and get an extra $25 to spend. You pay $25 for the card and get a $25 gift put on your card to spend. Then you would have $50 with the birthday. Not sure how big your group is. They are extra nice to you while you are there too. We actually are going next summer and not making reservations at any Landry’s restaurant and honestly not many restaurants. If we want to eat at one of theirs we can with little wait. Usually no wait. It is very convenient

Do you have any Landry-owned restaurants near your home or near where you travel? If not, then it probably isn't worth it.

They have a very large roster of restaurants and their bonus program is pretty good.

Yes! Drop the ADR and get the card. Then you can show up whenever you want and won't be subject to any no-show fees if something happens and you can't get to the reservation.

We had the card and a reservation. We checked in and there was approx 20 people waiting for their name to be called, all waiting in the small lobby. As soon as we checked in I showed them my card and we were seated immediately, as in zero wait. We walked by all the people waiting and they kinda stared at us like “how did they do that??” The manager came by twice during the meal to check on us and chit chat. We used the 25 first time use and the 25 birthday month too so after the 25 we spent on the card it was 25 off the meal. Just going once a year to Yak and Yeti is worth the 25 fee for us, esp if you go during your birthday month it’s a wash so basically for free to get seated immediately and get special attention from the managerial staff? Very worth it!!

We had the card and a reservation. We checked in and there was approx 20 people waiting for their name to be called, all waiting in the small lobby. As soon as we checked in I showed them my card and we were seated immediately, as in zero wait. We walked by all the people waiting and they kinda stared at us like “how did they do that??” The manager came by twice during the meal to check on us and chit chat. We used the 25 first time use and the 25 birthday month too so after the 25 we spent on the card it was 25 off the meal. Just going once a year to Yak and Yeti is worth the 25 fee for us, esp if you go during your birthday month it’s a wash so basically for free to get seated immediately and get special attention from the managerial staff? Very worth it!!

Exactly our experience as well, except that we were walk ups seated immediately! I'd say it was well worth it. Plus Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex are Landry's restaurants too (I believe)

If you have kids get the card, sadly I have had to eat at both Rainforest Café and T-Rex many times over the years and bypassing sometimes VERY long lines makes it worth it. Didn't know Yak & Yeti was one of theirs. Might have to add that restaurant back to next years trip now (the girl loved the place).

We have a Landry's card, but we also live in an area with a ton of Landry's restaurants. While I haven't tried this at WDW, at our local RFCs, our Landry's card gets us seated ahead of reservations without a card.

Is it $25 per year for the card or just a once & done $25 to buy it? I've never been to Yak & Yeti but it's on my list. I'm thinking it would be nice to get the card just before my birthday to be able to use $50 toward a meal. Is there a minimum amount you need to spend in order to get the $25 or $50 off when you use the card?

It is just the initial $25 once. There is no minimum. We have 3 cards in our family. I should get my oldest son one too. We live by Mall of American and can use the rewards at Bubba Gumps or Rainforest there also. Love getting in front of all the others standing in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!