• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I book lake view at BLT?

FanofDis

Mouseketeer
How are the lake view villas at BLT? I don't want to use the points to get a theme park view but will if it is that much better! Opinions??

We loved our lake view we had! Kids loved watching water pageant every night and I like to hear the sounds of the boats on the lake.

Loved our lake view at BLT this past September! I am not a morning person but would quickly become one if I could wake up to that sunrise view daily!

We had an even numbered lake view room on the north side of BLT and loved watching the MK fireworks from our balcony every night. Booked again for lake view in March and hoping we get a similar location.

We stayed in a 9th floor studio with a lake view during the first summer the resort was open. Even though we did not care for the unit size (just too small for 4 people IMHO), the balcony size was impressive, as was the view.

I guess I'm the odd man out because I haven't liked the lake view BLT rooms I've had. The first one I had was on the 3rd floor overlooking the awning in the direction of the dock. I really wasn't high enough to get a good view of the lake. The second room was in the tower closest to MK on the 4th floor. I had a sliver of the lake and could see the fireworks from my balcony. I guess you really need to request a high floor to get a good view.

We stayed in a Lake view last September and loved it. We were on the 9th floor and our balcony looked out facing CR. We were able to see Epcot and got to watch the higher fireworks there. It was so peaceful sitting out on our balcony each morning and at night. I have always thought it would be nice to have a theme park view, but I think the next time we stay there, we will book a LV again :goodvibes.

We have done both LV and MK view and we actually prefer the lake view. Our MK view was on the 5th floor and was very close to the walkway. Because everyone coming by on the walkway and on the monorail could see inside the room, we kept the draperies closed for most of the time. And when we did open them for the view, my husband said it was more like a parking lot view.

Lake view is a gamble....some LV rooms have a better Fireworks view than Theme Park View rooms, and other LV rooms have a worse overall view than some Standard view ones. I've been on both ends of LV.

Most of the interior (odd-number units) of the BLT is classified as Lake View. The north and south odd number units look directly at the other tower. You really have to crane your neck to see the lake, and all but the first few floors are LV.

Our most recent trip, we had a Standard 1 BR - even numbered, north tower, fifth floor. It was easier to watch MK fireworks from this room than it was in our TPV room on the high floor, the prior year (I forget which unit number, but closest to the CR bridge side of the building).

I think BLT needs a few more view classifications...lake view just is way too broad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter