Shopping in Italy

2-pointdoe

Mouseketeer
We are going on the Italy tour in June. While we are there, I would like to do some clothes shopping for my 10 year old daughter. We want to get stuff that is unique or not readily available in the US.

Does anybody know where the best place to go is?

LOL, I guess that would help - the one called Italy that does Rome, Florence and Venice
Private Message ps and no I am not putting the shops in this thread
are you doing abd and leaving or staying before hand at one city before abd

Last edited:

You know Italy is the fashion capital of the world. And would have some really nice expensive stuff! Never been but heard this

You can get a lot of excellent leather goods in Rome. I didn't buy any, but I know several people on my trip did.

Sayhello

......if cash is offered than usually you can get a much better price. Don't forget there is a 16% VAT tax on everything. Small shops will offer a better price for cash as well as the street vendors in Florence by the old hay market.

Florence is known for its leather market.

Not as upscale, but my kids really enjoyed a bookstore we found. They all got Italian school supplies - pencil sharpeners, pens, a dayplanner in Italian. They were just slight different enough to be interesting. I did have to convince ds he would most likely not enjoy Harry Potter, written in Italian. LOL

Do remember the name of the bookstore? DD would enjoy that.

Not as upscale, but my kids really enjoyed a bookstore we found. They all got Italian school supplies - pencil sharpeners, pens, a dayplanner in Italian. They were just slight different enough to be interesting. I did have to convince ds he would most likely not enjoy Harry Potter, written in Italian. LOL

I know we all like to plan ahead (surely not just me?) but do keep in mind your guides will give shopping suggestions each time they turn you loose. We’ve even had ABD guides go with us to translate (not so needed in Italy) and negotiate for better prices.

Sorry, this was in Genoa (ground floor of of the Eatly by the port.) We were on a non-Disney trip. It was a standard bookstore, much like a Barnes and Noble here. I'm sure there are versions of it in any city in Italy.

My friends are always shocked that I will plan vacations up to 2 years out. I want to be able to plan our sight seeing around shopping, DH is not so keen on shopping. LOL And we want unique stuff.
This is our first "tour guided" trip so I keep forgetting that there is somebody to ask!
I know we all like to plan ahead (surely not just me?) but do keep in mind your guides will give shopping suggestions each time they turn you loose. We’ve even had ABD guides go with us to translate (not so needed in Italy) and negotiate for better prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter