ShellieMay, Slinky Dog, and the SCRUNCHIEST Thanksgiving Ever! - A Nov 18 TR *FINISHED! 4/28*

You're making me so excited to go to TSL - I was somehow able to score SDD fast passes, but I'm hoping to get to ride all of the rides in April. My friends and I also rented points at Boardwalk, and I'm an early riser, so you're tempting me to do a solo rope drop.

Love the TR - you can just tell by pictures how much fun your family had!

You're making me so excited to go to TSL - I was somehow able to score SDD fast passes, but I'm hoping to get to ride all of the rides in April. My friends and I also rented points at Boardwalk, and I'm an early riser, so you're tempting me to do a solo rope drop.

Love the TR - you can just tell by pictures how much fun your family had!

Yay yay yay! TSL is SO much fun, and with rope drop, you can easily get all three TSL rides done! I can't recommend a solo rope drop enough-- easily the best decision I made that trip!!

Thank you so very much for your kind words! We had a lot of fun together!

The curse is broken! Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

The pics with Chip & Dale are adorable!!

YAY! We were so excited and had a great meal!!

Thank you so very much!!!

"I Don't Care WHAT You Say... I GOTTA Meet Dug & Russel!!!"
The family was still not done with whatever they decided to do when I was finished with Chip & Dale, and as I was walking away from them, I saw Daisy who was ALSO NOT getting the attention she deserved. There was maybe one person in the queue when I got in line. Ugh, we STAN her in this household.

She, being the fashion icon she is, was immediately interested in my ShellieMay ensemble.

enhance

enhance

enhance

She was MORE than happy to show me all of her designs.

enhance

SELFIE QUEEN #DUCKLIPS

enhance

enhance

enhance

They finally returned to me, it turns out dad ran into someone he knew (he does this every time we go on vacation). Then mom saw the chipmunks and had to see them, so we went to meet them again as a family!

There was SOOOO much drama in this M&G. Dale stole Grace's tiara, and was walking around like a princess. He made Grace crown him. This, of course, made Chip VERY sad and feel very bad about himself. So I, of course, had to give Chip my ShellieMay ears and gas him up

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

It was genuinely one of the MOST fun M&Gs we've ever had with any character on property!

At this point, I'm thinking to myself... "wow, this is a REALLY great day!" This was the day I was the most concerned about, and it ended up being one of the best days we had. The weather was perfect, all of the CMs were amazing, and we did pretty much everything I wanted to do already!

So our Pandora FP+ window is coming up and we start walking back to Pandora. We take the bridge back to Discovery Island. We're walking past Discovery Trading Co. when suddenly dad BOOKS IT to the extreme left. I'm so confused, but then I realize he's walking towards the Dug and Russell M&G! When he sees them, the look on his face is PRICELESS. The most pure combination of surprise and glee I've ever seen in my life. He shouts back, "I don't care what you guys say... I GOTTA meet Dug and Russell!"

The line isn't bad, so of course we all oblige him!

We were in line for 10 minutes, and then they went to look for snipes for five minutes. When they came back, we were the second family to greet them!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

They really wanted to do the Wilderness Explorer hand sign but I'm not 100% sure this is how it's done.

This was yet another HILARIOUS M&G for the whole family. Dug & Russell did a really great job of interacting with the four of us, typically in pairs, with Russell interacting with Grace and I while Dug interacted with Mom and Dad, and then switching off at some point. It ran really seamlessly, and the whole family had a lot of fun!

Mom and dad could NOT stop laughing about it the entire walk over to Pandora for our FP+. Mom was SO amused at the fact that Dug gave her "kisses." The two of them in general really love meeting characters (but hate character dining, go figure), so watching them react during M&Gs always warms my heart. This summer, they both have their hearts absolutely SET on meeting Kevin. We've been sharing videos of Kevin roaming DAK on FB for like a whole week.

Anyway, Pandora!

Dz-ejPiWsAARDWx.jpg

Dz-ejPiXQAAqQz_.jpg

Dz-ejPhX4AE9cIm.jpg

Dz-ejPhX4AAGDKt.jpg

We had a Na'vi River Journey FP+, we can never seem to snatch a FOP one and I don't think my family would be that into it, either. I mean, Mom and Grace almost threw up on EE. But as we were in the FP+ line, I proclaimed to my parents that I had felt SO great, and still so full of energy from this awesome, take-it-easy day that I would be up to waiting 2 hours for FOP.

Anyway, we mah ehwaaaaaaaaah-ed through Na'vi River Journey and when we came back out, FOP was down! Dad went to the bathroom and we decided to use our third and final FP+ for the day, which was for Kilimanjaro Safari again.

Dz-hfpoWoAI0P3X.jpg

Dz-hfpvWkAAuaXm.jpg

Dz-hfpoXcAAY0N0.jpg

Dz-hfpsXQAA0Brt.jpg

When we got off the safari, we did end up heading back to Y&Y so that mom could try that mango pie she wanted. We ended up using six snack credits on two mango pies and four water bottles.

Here's a photo from DFB:

Mini-Mango-Pie_Yak-and-Yeti-Local-Foods-Cafe_17-01.jpg

So mom claimed that she wanted to try this one, rather than the one at the sit-down restaurant, because everyone says that the crust-to-filling ratio is better in the mini mango pie, and that there was more "crust" in this one, and the crust is the best part. While I disagree that the (still delicious) graham cracker crust was better than the tangy mango pie filling, this was DEFINITELY worth running back to Asia for!

Coming up-- one last leg of our DAK day and even a trip to MK for mom and I!

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:

I'm DYING over all the cuteness of these M&Gs. You and Daisy, instantly iconic. Chip's day made by your Shellie Mae ears. LEGENDARY. Your dad's joy and happiness over Dug and Russell. PRICELESS. I need more of this. I'm looking forward to all the vids and photos from y'all meeting Kevin this summer. More excited than I'd be to meet him myself.

She, being the fashion icon she is, was immediately interested in my ShellieMay ensemble.
I would totally watch a Project Runway/Top Model show where she is a judge.

SELFIE QUEEN #DUCKLIPS
WHERE IS THE SELFIE??

It was genuinely one of the MOST fun M&Gs we've ever had with any character on property!
Alright this whole thing sounds amazing. I love love LOVE it when characters actually show their uhhh character when they're meeting with people.

The most pure combination of surprise and glee I've ever seen in my life. He shouts back, "I don't care what you guys say... I GOTTA meet Dug and Russell!"
Alright this is precious. Of all the people in your group he is the last one I thought would have said this but HIS FACE in that photo! So cute.

Adorable pics with Daisy and the family meet with Chip & Dale sounds amazing!!

I love that your dad just HAD to meet Russel & Dug! Sounds like another great meet!

Your pandora pics came out so nice!

I'm glad your mom got to try the mango pie! I'll need to try that one day too!

Aw all the character photos were so cute! Glad you and your entire family had fun meeting them! Dug and Russell are one of my favorite M&Gs on property:goodvibes
And I feel the SAME way about meeting Kevin - def something I want to do the next time I go to DAK!!!

I'm DYING over all the cuteness of these M&Gs. You and Daisy, instantly iconic. Chip's day made by your Shellie Mae ears. LEGENDARY. Your dad's joy and happiness over Dug and Russell. PRICELESS. I need more of this. I'm looking forward to all the vids and photos from y'all meeting Kevin this summer. More excited than I'd be to meet him myself.

I C O N I C. Daisy is a STAR. LEGNEDARY and PRICELESS M&Gs all around with this family. I don't think we do any more family M&Gs this trip (boooo), but I PROMISE you that I will fill your life with Kevin content if and when we see him this summer!!

I would totally watch a Project Runway/Top Model show where she is a judge.

WHERE IS THE SELFIE??

Alright this whole thing sounds amazing. I love love LOVE it when characters actually show their uhhh character when they're meeting with people.

Alright this is precious. Of all the people in your group he is the last one I thought would have said this but HIS FACE in that photo! So cute.

Project Runway, Top Model, RuPaul's Drag Race-- We NEED to see Daisy as a guest judge, clocking someone's outfit somewhere on cable TV.

It's not my fav picture so I wasn't gonna throw it in there, but ask and ye shall be received: #ducklips

D0LekltWkAIqKUi.jpg

Two iconic M&Gs with two iconic sets of characters! Dad was SO happy to see Dug & Russell... he's such a goofball!!!

Adorable pics with Daisy and the family meet with Chip & Dale sounds amazing!!

I love that your dad just HAD to meet Russel & Dug! Sounds like another great meet!

Your pandora pics came out so nice!

I'm glad your mom got to try the mango pie! I'll need to try that one day too!

Chip & Dale were on point today!! So much fun to interact with!!

Oh yeah, once he saw them out and greeting guests, all bets were off. We weren't gonna leave the park until he met them :rotfl:

Thank you!!

It was a really nice treat, it wasn't too sweet and the graham cracker crust complimented it! I definitely recommend it!

Aw all the character photos were so cute! Glad you and your entire family had fun meeting them! Dug and Russell are one of my favorite M&Gs on property:goodvibes
And I feel the SAME way about meeting Kevin - def something I want to do the next time I go to DAK!!!

Thank you so, so much!

Dug & Russell are always so much fun, they're so adorable!

Oh, I really hope you get to meet him!! Your ticker says you're going next week-- definitely keep me updated!!

Love all the wonderful meet and greets and that mango pie is on my snack list for my next trip!

Thank you so much!! The mango pie was yummy, I recommend it!!

I just read you tr and I'm loving it. Can't wait to hear more!

:welcome: Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it! I'll update you as soon as I can!

Oh, I really hope you get to meet him!! Your ticker says you're going next week-- definitely keep me updated!!

Next week I will be in Disney! But, it's a quick long weekend trip - only going to HS this time! But we will be staying on property and get to go to DS, and some ADRs! But a small Disney trip is better then no Disney trip at all IMO!:goodvibes
But I am trying to figure out when I'll be going to back this summer, for a longer trip with all parks included, so then I'll be on the lookout for Kevin!!:rotfl:

Next week I will be in Disney! But, it's a quick long weekend trip - only going to HS this time! But we will be staying on property and get to go to DS, and some ADRs! But a small Disney trip is better then no Disney trip at all IMO!:goodvibes
But I am trying to figure out when I'll be going to back this summer, for a longer trip with all parks included, so then I'll be on the lookout for Kevin!!:rotfl:

A weekend trip-- how fabulous!!! I've been seriously contemplating flying down to escape the cold for a weekend now that I have my AP! DHS and DS sounds like a dream trip!

Maybe we'll see each other this summer!!

A weekend trip-- how fabulous!!! I've been seriously contemplating flying down to escape the cold for a weekend now that I have my AP! DHS and DS sounds like a dream trip!

Maybe we'll see each other this summer!!

Yes I'm looking forward to it! It will be relaxing - which is what I need after this semester so far lol.....Pool, shopping, eating out...and a little bit of park fun in there too! :goodvibes

And yes!! That would be so exciting if I saw you over the summer. Once I know when I'm going I'll post about it.:thumbsup2

Magic Kingdom Addendum
So after we were finished eating our Mango pies, we decided that we would head out of Animal Kingdom. Mom desperately wanted to go to Magic Kingdom that night for some reason, so we made our way to the front of the park.

So once we got past the Tree, mom and dad wanted to head into Island Mercantile for a moment to look for some souvenirs. I decided that I really wanted a shirt to commemorate the day. In all honesty, this was genuinely one of the best park days my family had ever shared together. With cooler temperatures, lots of animals seen, lots of characters met, lots of great food eaten, and lots of attractions conquered, I don't know when I'd ever feel this way about Animal Kingdom ever again, so I decided I'd snatch a T-Shirt to remind myself of the really awesome day we once had. I set my sights on this shirt and it's all over:

enhance

I don't know why, but it really stood out to me. I absolutely adored it, but when I looked through the shirts on the wall, they only had it up to a size L.

So then this really great CM wearing a Chris from Orlando name tag walks up to me and asks if she can help. I tell her, yes, I really love this shirt but I'd like it in an XL! She says no problem, she'll look in the back.

So she walks into the backroom and I flag my mom down and tell her that a CM is helping me find a shirt I really want in a different size. Mom says okay, she's going to go look at some ornaments, and to just come back to her so that we can get in line and pay once I'm ready.

So Chris from Orlando takes about five minutes backstage, and then comes back out and tells me they have the shirt in XL, but they only have it at Riverside Depot across the street. I tell her no problem, let's walk over there and grab it!

So we make our way over there, and she says, "wait right here while I go backstage and grab it."

She takes another five minutes and I'm starting to feel a bit antsy because mom has no idea that I'm in a completely different store now and it's been about 10 minutes since I last saw her.

Once she comes back out, I say, "awesome! My mom is paying, she's in the other store, can I pay for this shirt at Island Mercantile?"

She's like, "Oh, no! We can't do that!" and I'm like, "Oh, no! Can I go get her?"

So feeling kind of awkward that I left Chris with Orlando alone with the shirt I want to buy, I run back to Island Mercantile. Mom and Dad both yell at me because they had been looking for me, but I pull mom into Riverside Depot and we buy the shirt and then head back to the bus stop.

So it was a chaotic ordeal, but I really love the shirt and I find myself wearing it a lot. Every time I look at it, I get this one really specific part of the music loop that some Disney buses play on the ride to Animal Kingdom stuck in my head. Which I know is really random, but also something I wanted to share with you guys. Does anyone else have a special souvenir that you can, like, hear? Please tell me I'm not crazy.

It took no time at all for the bus to get there, but once I'm standing on the dark bus, I start to realize just how tired I am. And mom wants to drag me to Magic Kingdom when we get back.

DzWw.gif

Once we get back, the family realizes that they're hungry, so we stop for dinner at Cap'n Cook's. I don't have a photo of it, but I ordered a cheeseburger with a side of the Poly's homemade chips. Normally I try not to order the QS burgers, but Jimmy Buffet wrote a whole song about how sometimes you just need to eat one and that's how I was feeling at that moment. It was really great! I wrote in my notes that it was "improved," so the quality must have gone up from previous visits, so I'll probably order it again. My favorite part of Cap'n Cook's is the chips-- I might have to hop over to the Poly on my next trip just to eat them!

As we're eating dinner, mom is insistent that Grace and I go to Magic Kingdom with her afterwards. At this point, I'm exhausted, but I'm also impressed that my mother spent about 6 hours in DAK and still wants to go to Magic Kingdom. I chug a mostly forgettable QS coffee and we get on the boat to MK.

Magic Kingdom was packed (we were about an hour away from HEA). We decided to head for Haunted Mansion, since we hadn't done it this trip and it's mom's favorite ride and there's only a 30 minutes wait. While we're in line, we start talking about next trip. This was the point in time where mom and I came to the revelation that maybe my FP+ should be separate from their FP+, so I agreed to get that done for the next trip.

We waited about 20 minutes for Haunted Mansion and surprisingly, we get on and off without the ride stopping!

After HM, we head next door to Small World to see if any of my coworkers are there. They weren't, but we still had a grand old time on my favorite ride in MK! However, one of my dancing hula girls was missing! I was upset about it.

When we got off of it's a small world, we realized that HEA would probably be happening soon and neither of us wanted to get caught up in that traffic, so we headed towards the front of the park. They had that sorta-backstage exit by Casey's Corner opened, so we walked through that to bypass most of Main St. USA... and then noticed that Tinker Bell had a wait time of 5 minutes.

So naturally, I told mom I really wanted to see Tink and we went to say hi to my fairy best friend.

There were two or three families in front of me, but other than that, there was shockingly no wait to see her!

We spent SO much time together.

enhance

enhance

So every time I see Tinker Bell I compliment her "space." I tell her I love the beads, and the tea cup, and all the other little odds and ends that decorate her M&G area. My hope in doing that is that we'll eventually get around to talking about the giant crayon. If Tink is feeling particularily playful/generous, she'll let you hold the crayon in the photograph.

enhance

We talked about how boring all the books on her shelf were, and how she loved to read Wendy's diary. She brought up how most of the things were attached to the shelf, but that she wanted to know what she "could do" with all of the stuff she had lying around.

She did get around to mentioning the crayon eventually, and how she used it to color all over the diary, so I got really hopeful-- but eventually she dropped it. So, no crayon this time, but next time for sure!

enhance

enhance

As soon as we left the room, mom turned to me and said, "Wow, she gave you a lot of time!" It was a pretty great meet, and an amazing note to end our amazing day on.

We got back to the resort and immediately went to sleep-- the next day was Thanksgiving, and we were going to rope drop Magic Kingdom!

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
Awwwww sisssss! What an amazing day! I'm lowkey crying over how amazing this day was.

I'm sorry getting your commemorative t-shirt was so difficult, but I'm so glad you now own a piece of the best park in WDW. We love a woke tasteful queen.

I am so shook your mom and Grace were so willing to go to MK and close out your day there and you weren't. *Joe Jonas voice* How the tables have turned. I'm glad you still tagged along because it sounds like it was so much fun. Sorry you didn't get to see any of your co-workers. Hopefully all of them will be there a lot this summer. :thumbsup2

Ah, you and Tink are presh! I'm sad you didn't get the purple crayon. That is so my goal for when next I visit her in her nook and if my many times getting Flynn to show me the crown I SHALL BE SUCCESSFUL. But your pics are so cute. Love my fave pixies living their best lives.

Ooooo, Thanksgiving! Major throwback to our program. I can't wait to see how this time goes. :teeth:

So feeling kind of awkward that I left Chris with Orlando alone with the shirt I want to buy, I run back to Island Mercantile. Mom and Dad both yell at me because they had been looking for me, but I pull mom into Riverside Depot and we buy the shirt and then head back to the bus stop.
That sounds like the most stressful shopping experience maybe ever- and I’ve gone wedding dress shopping.

Jimmy Buffet wrote a whole song about how sometimes you just need to eat one and that's how I was feeling at that moment
Follow your heart and/or Jimmy Buffet

She did get around to mentioning the crayon eventually, and how she used it to color all over the diary, so I got really hopeful-- but eventually she dropped it. So, no crayon this time, but next time for sure!
Take the crayon into your own hands. You are the key to unlocking your happily ever after.

Awwwww sisssss! What an amazing day! I'm lowkey crying over how amazing this day was.

I'm sorry getting your commemorative t-shirt was so difficult, but I'm so glad you now own a piece of the best park in WDW. We love a woke tasteful queen.

I am so shook your mom and Grace were so willing to go to MK and close out your day there and you weren't. *Joe Jonas voice* How the tables have turned. I'm glad you still tagged along because it sounds like it was so much fun. Sorry you didn't get to see any of your co-workers. Hopefully all of them will be there a lot this summer. :thumbsup2

Ah, you and Tink are presh! I'm sad you didn't get the purple crayon. That is so my goal for when next I visit her in her nook and if my many times getting Flynn to show me the crown I SHALL BE SUCCESSFUL. But your pics are so cute. Love my fave pixies living their best lives.

Ooooo, Thanksgiving! Major throwback to our program. I can't wait to see how this time goes. :teeth:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I need to see Flynn's crown, too!!

I can't wait to see how this goes, too :tilt:

That sounds like the most stressful shopping experience maybe ever- and I’ve gone wedding dress shopping.

Follow your heart and/or Jimmy Buffet

Take the crayon into your own hands. You are the key to unlocking your happily ever after.

Yeah it was a stressful 20 minutes, but I came out on top with a t-shirt that now has a small Chick-Fil-A sauce stain on the bottom corner.

1b5.gif

Reach out and find your h(cr)a(yon)ppily ever after!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter