sharing meals

Evalyn E Deinlein

Earning My Ears
It's been a few years since we were at WDW. In the past, serving sizes at quick serve sites were very large & could easily be shared by an adult & a kid or by 2 kids. Is this still the case. WDW has changed so many things related to dining & the Dining plan is now out of our reach. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

In general I wouldn't say that I could share a meal at lunch, share a meal at dinner and have enough to eat. But I am not a small eater and I eat regular meals at home.

BUT, my husband and I share plenty of meals at Disney. We tend to eat a few smaller meals during the day, and also snack back at our resort.

I would think kids could easily share an adult QS meal, when I eat at QS I always get a kid's meal because I'm not a big meal eater and that is usually more than enough for me, in fact I usually save the fruit for later. Some of the adult meals could be shared easily, Pecos Bills has the fixins bar so you could get a meal and load up on fixins and share easily. The meals at Tangeriene Cafe in Morocco are huge. My son (adult) and I have shared some of the sandwich meals, each get a half sandwich and share the sides.

You’ll likely get more replies if you ask this question on the main Restaurant Forum rather than here on the Dining REVIEW Forum

In 2015, DD and I shared some TS meals. 50’s Prime Time was cool with it, and there was plenty of food. At California Grill, the waiter wasn’t thrilled that we were sharing and was rather rude for the entire dining experience.

For us, it's still true. On our last trip my kids (ages 4 and 7 at the time) were able to easily share a kids meal. Based on what they ate on that trip, I'm expecting them to share once again this summer (now 6 and 9)

Yes, I share meals all the time. Went with 5 people in 2015 and 4 of us shared meals regularly--some of the lunch QS items are very large. We might get one extra side (like a second salad) to round it out. I've shared TS meals also.

We couldn't share - as adults - and we aren't huge eaters, but a lot would depend on how much you snack or drink between meals. On the other hand young children could. They're 'not' large meals!!

DH and I frequently share meals but we often share an appetizer or dessert as well at the same meal. That's plenty for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!