Share your Black Friday finds!

Woke up am pacific time and bought what I needed from Best Buy. Unfortunately, target has the cars 3 blu Ray only for in store...looks like I won’t be getting it, unless my sister decides to go. Personally, I don’t shop on thanksgiving, the only exception was when I did it for my sister who couldn’t due to being with her daughter in the hospital and still had to get gifts for her other kids...

Urban Outfitters has buy one get one 50% store wide. Daughter wanted a Duvet and Shams from there so finally ordered them.

My poor credit card LOL

Last night I got:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8 inch) from Staples - Black Friday price plus $25 off $100 Visa Checkout discount. I wasn't planning on buying this, but it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. I think I'm going to put it away for DDs birthday, since I've got more than enough for her for Christmas already.
- A couple of fast SD cards from Best Buy
- Google Home Mini from Target with the $10 Giftcard deal

I wanted to get an aquarium kit from Petco, but they hiked the base price of the item before they took off the 50% Black Friday discount, so the price wasn't as low as I was expecting and I passed.

I also passed on a second Google Mini. I figured we'll see how one works out before I get any more.

All in all, I got everything I wanted and then some. The Best Buy and Staples websites were a little wonky for awhile, but I didn't have too many problems getting the orders through.

I have a couple of more obscure items in my cart at Amazon that I hope will drop in price in the next few days. So far they haven't budged.

See if you can order it online for in store pickup. Everything I wanted except for in store only items were available for order that way.

Thanks, it looks like many of the doorbusters are available to order online for in store pickup now. I enjoy going Thanksgiving evening though since it is less crazy but you still get the Black Friday specials so I'll be leaving in about an hour to get there for when they open.

I don't have any objection to stores being open for limited hours today since I know a lot of their workers appreciate the chance to get holiday pay and they're still given time to have the traditional meal with their families. Target doesn't open until 6pm.

Last edited:

I purchased Beats from Best Buy using Best Buy gift cards I purchased at 13% off during the Raise sale the other day. So essentially $139 before tax. Also purchased WWE 2K18 for $30 from Best Buy as well. Will be purchasing an Odell Beckham Jr. jersey for DS9 through Kohl's for $30 plus a toy for one of my nieces to get the $15 Kohl's cash.

I stayed up last night waiting for Best Buy's online sales to start. I got 4 Google Home Minis (one for each of my kids, DH and I, and my parents) with a $10 GC. Both of my kids have been wanting a Google Home since it came out, so at this price, I couldn't pass up the Mini. I also got NBA 2K18 for the PS4 for DS at 50% off. I tried to stay up for Target, but I didn't make it. I wanted to get DS a couple Pokemon card tins that were 50% off, but luckily I was able to order them this morning when I woke up. For DH, I bought some Marvel t-shirts at BOGO 75% off from Casual Male XL.

My plan was to try to get everything online and only go out if I needed to. But, my MIL sent each of my kids $20 and challenged them to see what Black Friday bargains they could buy with it. So, even though I got everything online, I still have to go to Target tonight.

Last edited:

Went online this morning and saw that that the rose gold fitbit was on sale at Target. I was pretty sure it was a mistake because it is a special edition and not on sale anywhere else. I ordered one for in-store pick up and one for delivery.
I went back online to check it and it is now regular price so I'm glad I saw it this morning.
I tried to get some Switch games from a couple places but the ones I want are already sold out online.

- I have the joint kid (DD1, DD2, DS 1, DS 2) 32 inch tv (that my husband's parents are giving my kids) picked out from Best Buy - it's only $99, so that's cheap (but it fits the entertainment center we have, so not changing that:)...
- I have to find Skyrim for my DD2 (she scratched the Bluray she had, so it won't play).
- I have to find Cars 3 DVD (or Blu Ray) for my DS 2.
- I have to find a set of Christmas PJs for DS 1 and DS 2.
- I have to get Cheesecake Factory gift cards so I can gift the slices to DD 1 and DD 2.
- I will look at the T-Fal giant pan spouse is gifting me and see if it's cheaper then anywhere...if not, I'll buy it anyway:).
- I will look and see if RCCL is running any onboard cruise deals for booked cruises (tour prices, dinners, beverage packages) - if it's good enough, that might be my big gift from my spouse.

And that's it. I've actually done really well finding deals and gifts (and I only started Nov 1:)) - I'm done every extended family member and they are all shipped (10 nieces/nephews, 2 grandparents, 3 parents, and mom's best friend), and I've got my family about 70% done...I may pick up an extra DVD or 2 or some toiletry sets (if cheap), but nothing I have to get...

So, here's how I've done...

- TV - done - got a better 32 inch than I planned for same $99 cost from Best Buy - score
- DVDs - done, but with a twist - thanks to Lasseter news, skipped Cars 3 and picked up Spidey HC and Willy Wonka and the Choco Factory for $10 total from Best Buy - these will also be popular (especially the last one b/c they loved the book and have been watching the Johnny Depp version nonstop)
- Christmas PJs - still need to buy
- Cheesecake Factory gift cards - still need to buy (EDIT - DONE - $75 for 6 slices:))
- Tfal Pan - done - got an amazing Amazon warehouse deal for $14 - $11 less than I expected
- RCCL - done - booked alcohol drinks package for spouse and nonalcohol one for me at 30-35% off ($59+ gratuity/day covered both of us) - spouse is super-happy...had $100 OBC, so this ended up being much cheaper than just his package on Carnival last year for both of us...
- Bonus Black Friday - 3 new coats for kids - they needed them (when you can't zip it and the arms are too short - sigh - kids grow), especially the ones who moved to adult sizes - JCP came through for $75 shipped, so pretty happy here...
- Bonus Black Friday #2 - 3 video games (1 PS4, 2 3ds) - $15/each:)...scored on these...wasn't expecting such low prices from Target

I've gotten some Bath and Bodyworks bubble bath and some Victoria's Secret underwear (both items mostly for me, with a few split off for my girls), and that's it since Vet's Day...but it's looking pretty good for Christmas. My mom's friend is actually buying the tv for all the kids (she normally send $25/each for the college fund, but wanted to get this), so now I need a new idea for Grammy. Her money may become the college fund money, and I'll just take a gift I already bought (the coats and video games/DVDs), plus a new set of boots for the kid who didn't need a coat (b/c he does need boots) and have her give them b/c I'm not sure the kids will need more stuff...plus, they'll be about $150 total (and they started at like $450-$500 regular price - aka, the value of her usual check), so she'll feel like her check went to good use...

Big thing I'll have to do is pull all the gifts out of my closet next weekend, wrap up the ones from relatives (I have 2 aunts, my mom, and grammy to wrap - we're just gonna give the tv from my mom's friend right away) and put them under the tree (we're putting that up tomorrow) and then see what I have for each kid (especially the one with the birthday, too)...and adjust if needed...The only things I still HAVE to buy are the PJs, the gift card, and the boots...it's so nice to be practically done:)...

Last edited:
I got a Kitchenaid mixer from Sams Club for my sister in candy apple. Normally we don’t spend that much on her but she’s been amazingly helpful lately so I wanted to treat her. I found a great deal on the Instax camera at Best Buy so ordered that in purple since that color was an additional $10 off.

Seemed like there were a lot more people at Target tonight when it opened then there were last year. I was happy to find that Season One of Stranger Things was in fact on sale - $10 instead of the regular price of $24.99 - score! Got that along with Wonder Woman Bluray/DVD/Digital combo for $9 and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Bluray/DVD combo for $6. Pretty happy with those along with three red throw blankets for $10 each. Couldn't find the pajama pants I was wanting in the store and I really don't need them anyway so saved $7 there. I also found that they had t-shirts for half price - $4 instead of $8 so I grabbed a couple of those.

All in all pretty happy with my finds and I also grabbed some groceries while I was there. It was funny to see the people walking up to the line outside not knowing what was going on. One guy said he just needed some groceries and bailed when he heard what was going on, another was with his son and just needed to grab some mac and cheese. He was like, "what, it's Black Thursday now"?

Not planning to do any shopping tomorrow or this weekend. I am pretty much done with the gifts I needed and I am really trying to end the year strong with my debt dumping as well.

ScentHD- the machines that have some scent cartridges that smell like Disney resorts has a 40% off coupon code- SHDBF40 Don't know if I can post a link to the machine. If you search the name though, the link will come up.

I have been wanting one and haven’t pulled the trigger. I can’t tell what it is discounting. I have a machine ($150) and 2 cartridges ($50 each) in my cart. It is bringing my total to $189.

I bought the Canon Rebel dslr camera kit for $449.99 at Kohls online and received $135 in Kohl's cash to spend. That was the same Black Friday price as Best Buy and Target but Kohls was the best deal for me because of the Kohls cash. I also bought a video game at Target in store and 3 popsockets (buy two, get one free). I went to Target about an hour ago to get the popsockets and the video game and there was no line.

Last edited:
So, here's how I've done...

- TV - done - got a better 32 inch than I planned for same $99 cost from Best Buy - score
- DVDs - done, but with a twist - thanks to Lasseter news, skipped Cars 3 and picked up Spidey HC and Willy Wonka and the Choco Factory for $10 total - these will also be popular (especially the last one b/c they loved the book and have been watching the Johnny Depp version nonstop)
- Christmas PJs - still need to buy
- Cheesecake Factory gift cards - still need to buy
- Tfal Pan - done - got an amazing Amazon warehouse deal for $14 - $11 less than I expected
- RCCL - done - booked alcohol drinks package for spouse and nonalcohol one for me at 30-35% off ($59+ gratuity/day covered both of us) - spouse is super-happy...had $100 OBC, so this ended up being much cheaper than just his package on Carnival last year for both of us...
- Bonus Black Friday - 3 new coats for kids - they needed them (when you can't zip it and the arms are too short - sigh - kids grow), especially the ones who moved to adult sizes - JCP came through for $75 shipped, so pretty happy here...
- Bonus Black Friday #2 - 3 video games (1 PS4, 2 3ds) - $15/each:)...scored on these...wasn't expecting such low prices from Target

I've gotten some Bath and Bodyworks bubble bath and some Victoria's Secret underwear (both items mostly for me, with a few split off for my girls), and that's it since Vet's Day...but it's looking pretty good for Christmas. My mom's friend is actually buying the tv for all the kids (she normally send $25/each for the college fund, but wanted to get this), so now I need a new idea for Grammy. Her money may become the college fund money, and I'll just take a gift I already bought (the coats and video games/DVDs), plus a new set of boots for the kid who didn't need a coat (b/c he does need boots) and have her give them b/c I'm not sure the kids will need more stuff...plus, they'll be about $150 total (and they started at like $450-$500 regular price - aka, the value of her usual check), so she'll feel like her check went to good use...

Big thing I'll have to do is pull all the gifts out of my closet next weekend, wrap up the ones from relatives (I have 2 aunts, my mom, and grammy to wrap - we're just gonna give the tv from my mom's friend right away) and put them under the tree (we're putting that up tomorrow) and then see what I have for each kid (especially the one with the birthday, too)...and adjust if needed...The only things I still HAVE to buy are the PJs, the gift card, and the boots...it's so nice to be practically done:)...
Great deals! When did you book the RCCL deal?

Joining in on the BF fun! I did most of my shopping online, but did stop by Target on my way home from Thanksgiving at my moms house. So far I have the following:

Clinique Happy coffret $10 - Macy's
Men's coffret $15 - Macy's
2 Big one throws $6.80 each plus tax at Kohl's
6 Big one microfiber pillows $2.54 each plus tax (mostly for décor pillows as they are not going to work for sleeping!)
Destiny 2 for PS4 $29.99 at Best Buy
Dragonball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch $19.99 for Nintendo Switch - Best Buy
Lego Ninjago the Movie Game for Nintendo Switch $19.99- Best Buy
2 Pokemon tins $10 each - Target
2 1050 thread count sheet set $25 each - Target (in store)
Barbie Glamour Closet w/ 2 dolls and bonus convertible $30 - Target (will be a gift from my Mom to DD8)
Razor A kick scooter $18 - Target

Best Buy's website last night was a nightmare. I was trying on my laptop and cell and the pages just kept spinning forever. Finally got through after trying for an hour, and I had to create a new account since it started rejecting my password and the reset codes were not working. Very frustrating.

I plan on going back to Target tomorrow to return the same video games listed above. I bought them when they did the buy 2 get 1 free, but Best Buy saves me $20. I also forgot to get the Despicable Me Eye Found it game which is on sale for $9.99 which is a great price. We're not really in the market for any tech stuff since my husband made an impulse purchase of a Nintendo Switch about 2 weeks ago. :( Kids have all manner of devices and we'd just be spending money just to get more things we don't need. I do need to find some headphones for my DS11, but not wanting to drop $$$ on Beats. He doesn't have a brand he wants, so will continue to look for those.

Last edited:
Went back through this thread and was reminded about the cast iron skillet for $10 at Target, so yeah... that'll be delivered to the house :)

I did my shopping this morning after putting the turkey in the oven.

First the mundane: 2 comforters and one sheet set from Kohls. With ebates and kohls cash, they worked out to less than $11 per item. I buy the comforters every year, because one or two always seem to walk off.

Then the more exciting--my wedding ring from jamesallen. :bride:

Just bought an Ancestry DNA kit for $69 (that includes shipping, actual sale price is $59). We actually bought it for my Mom (she's turning 70 in 2 weeks!). My mom is 100% Norwegian but always jokes about how the Vikings went to Italy and Northern Africa and thinks she has a bit of that in her (she tans REALLY easily! :rotfl2:) We thought it'd be a fun gift.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter