Shanghai Disneyland - May 2018 Trip - Thoughts and Tips

The wait to book again is two hours or the start of your currently booked FP window.

Each of our advance hotel FP was for a different attraction than our initial FP once we were in the park, so I don't know for sure if you can double up on attractions. Near as we could tell though the two FPs were independent of each other so you could conceivably have an advance FP for Soaring and then book Soaring as your first FP once you are in the park.

Do you get to pick the time for your hotel FP and if so, what would you recommend? In the afternoon, when lines are long? We have 2 days at the Disneyland hotel and plan to get 2 day park tickets. (Going next month in December)

You do get to pick your times at the concierge desk for whenever you'd like during the day. We chose the early afternoon since we could rope drop and regular FP during the morning hours. We generally chose Soaring or Roaring Rapids for our hotel FP. TRON wasn't too difficult for us to get either by getting there early or using FP.

So how wet do you get on Roaring Rapids? Should we bring disposable ponchos? Expect our shoes to get soaked?

And what's the deal with Tron and bags? Can I wear my fanny pack/waist pack on Tron? Is it just loose items that have to go in a locker?

It sounds like it is best to buy your park tickets the night before you go into the park? We arrive at the Toy Story hotel and then planned to go to the Wild Animal park the next day, and then Disneyland the following day. Sounds like I wouldn't be able to book my extra FP right away if I bought our tickets upon arrival?

We didn't get very wet on Roaring Rapids. You're mileage may vary but it was more or less equivalent to how wet you can get on Splash Mountain.

Since we did not have any bags we did not have to deal with the locker situation. It was hard to tell how much the cast members we monitoring that sort of thing. The preshow video instructs that riders use the little compartment on the ride vehicle for small loose items like hats and glasses. A fanny pack might be a little too large to fit in the on-ride compartment. With our hats and glasses we were never told to remove them but we did it anyway just to be safe.

We had purchased our tickets along with our hotel reservation since at the time you need get everything as package to book the extra FP. We were allowed to book the extra FP the evening before the days of our park visits. In any case you would likely want to have your park tickets sorted out so that you won't need to do it on the day of your visit.

On Roaring Rapids, I got a poncho to wrap my bag in and held it but showed it was looped securely around me as well. That seemed fine. They sell disposable ponchos in the line for 10 RMB.
It's random how wet you'll get. MOST of the time, you barely do, but since it's a raft ride, you can hit a bump and splash the right way to get super wet. I had my lower right side get DRENCHED that way, but I honestly don't think the poncho would have done much to prevent that. I also suspect there might be some water features that they turn off and on, depending on the temperatures, but I'm purely speculating on that.

If you're going in the summer, there may also be a "splash" element to the Castle Stage Show. My friend and I did that and got soaked. I think, again, it's "saved" for the hottest days where you're likely to dry. I wish I had been wearing a poncho then, though.

Tron now has these carts that you put your bags in and they roll through to the exit for you to pick up. It's monitored by staff, and does seem to correspond well to each ride, so it's hard to for someone to grab your thing from an earlier ride. It's still possible, I'd guess for someone on your ride to go quickly and take your stuff, but I felt pretty secure about the whole thing and would imagine there's cameras and other prevention for stealing. I think this has significantly cut down the line time. I went in the days of the lockers and it was a madhouse and really unpleasant. The blue cart is MUCH easier and efficient. There is a small compartment on the bike, but it's mostly for hats or glasses and sized appropriately. i put my glasses in there and they were fine.

Right now, there is an undated "bounceback " ticket offer. You may look into that, if you're going for 2 days but not consecutively.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter