Shades of Green Question

lisa cameron

Mouseketeer
I have tried calling several times and have emailed SOG twice with no response. After 20 minutes of being on hold I give up. Here is my question:

I am active duty, will be staying at SOG and my parents (who are not military) will be staying with me all 4 days. We are arriving in 2 seperate cars as they are driving from Texas and I am flying and will be taking Uber from the airport. I know I have to show my reservation and my military ID to get through the date but how will be parents get through the gate if I am not on their car the first time? I know after we check in they will be given a guest slip.

I have tried calling several times and have emailed SOG twice with no response. After 20 minutes of being on hold I give up. Here is my question:

I am active duty, will be staying at SOG and my parents (who are not military) will be staying with me all 4 days. We are arriving in 2 seperate cars as they are driving from Texas and I am flying and will be taking Uber from the airport. I know I have to show my reservation and my military ID to get through the date but how will be parents get through the gate if I am not on their car the first time? I know after we check in they will be given a guest slip.
The experts in the Shades of Green thread on the Resorts Board can best answer your question.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...y-world-resort-information-questions.2912833/

An Admin can move your thread for you if you “Report” it (at the bottom of your post) and ask. Hope your question is answered quickly. :)

If your parents are listed on your reservation they will have a record of it at the gate. The driver shows their license and the guard checks the list of reservations. They will be able to park near the entrance but will not be able to put the car in the parking garage until you check them into the resort.

Once when we went (Father-in-law is military) we were arriving several hours before them (almost 12). We were told that to check in the person who sponsored the rooms needed to be there. However, there was a work around, I think it was noted on the reservation and we brought a copy of his military id to show and then we got the room. That was several years ago though, so I don't know if things have changed. Just wanted to share as a heads up in case the situation might be similar for you.

The OP posted on the Shades of Green board and received up to date responses prior to returning to this thread.

Once when we went (Father-in-law is military) we were arriving several hours before them (almost 12). We were told that to check in the person who sponsored the rooms needed to be there. However, there was a work around, I think it was noted on the reservation and we brought a copy of his military id to show and then we got the room. That was several years ago though, so I don't know if things have changed. Just wanted to share as a heads up in case the situation might be similar for you.
Thanks! Good to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter