September 2020 Trip Reports

Sorry, I have to put peanuts out for them. At home I mix small corn & sunflower seeds for my squirrels. They are so cute sitting in the large dish eating away & getting very fat looking. Most will not run when they see me. I guess they know I am the food & clean water lady. Same with all our deers & the cows. The cows take the corn our of my hand, or I hold the big pan & they eat it will I am loving on them.

If anyone down there now has a chance to check, I was wondering if they have the ginormous pin board that was located at the Settlement available still. It was usually opened up a couple set times a day.
Thanks! :thumbsup2

I stopped by the Settlement TP and asked. They said the really big board is down for now but they still have pin trading on a smaller board. The Settlement is open 11:00-5:00, they said all you have to do is ask and they’ll bring the pin board out for trading.

The cast member also said the Meadows TP is doing pin trading but only between 12:00-12:30 and 7:00-7:30.

I stopped by the Settlement TP and asked. They said the really big board is down for now but they still have pin trading on a smaller board. The Settlement is open 11:00-5:00, they said all you have to do is ask and they’ll bring the pin board out for trading.

The cast member also said the Meadows TP is doing pin trading but only between 12:00-12:30 and 7:00-7:30.
Thanks so much!

Our plan for today was supposed to be Epcot, by we weren’t feeling it, so we canceled.

We went looping this morning and noticed 1700 and 1900 were completely empty. We saw another squirrel!

Our Disney cart was struggling and not holding a charge, so we went to the Outpost and decided to return the cart early rather than trade it out.

We walked over to the trail ride building to check that out and decided to go for it. I rode a horse for the first time! Sorry, they don’t allow pics.

We then took a bus to the settlement and waited for a bus to either WL or MK, we didn’t care which one, just whatever came first. The MK bus came first, so off we went!

We arrived at MK, went through the temp check and security and headed for the monorail. We hadn’t eaten lunch, so we put in a mobile order for the Gasparilla Island Grill at the GF.

The GF is mostly closed off with blue fences and lots of security guards patrolling due to the NBA. The common areas we could go to and see were very empty.

A quick monorail ride back to MK and a boat ride back to the Fort..

708816D2-A8A7-482D-BA52-237CC84D0F11.jpeg1F041132-2032-4D4D-AF71-68129E99964E.jpegA524A558-1909-4474-9B72-0610ABA3401A.jpegFEA86A51-11E6-4558-8DE5-BB3DDF432498.jpeg

The new horse barn is huge.
26B7F983-4373-456E-8334-83D72D52F606.jpeg

It’s a shame what they’ve done to Clementine’s Beach.
AC88CCE9-1319-4CF5-9945-F3FA532B2C5C.jpeg

And then they added insult to injury.
0C495C5A-FB51-482C-BA7B-BECC209582AC.jpeg

Attachments

• E26DB597-023E-42C9-A882-13EAEE24CE2A.jpeg
    E26DB597-023E-42C9-A882-13EAEE24CE2A.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 232513A6-E4A6-4219-8217-A8248A367222.jpeg
    232513A6-E4A6-4219-8217-A8248A367222.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 6AC14048-C175-4F4E-A14B-1867BE9629C4.jpeg
    6AC14048-C175-4F4E-A14B-1867BE9629C4.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 6

Our Disney cart was struggling and not holding a charge, so we went to the Outpost and decided to return the cart early rather than trade it out.
Ours wouldn’t charge either. We ended up having to leave it at the campsite. I’m trying to see if I can get my batteries going in my personal cart. May take it down for the meet in October.

We were supposed to stay until Sunday, but the rain and the heat/humidity did us in, plus we developed a leak around the bathroom vent fan, so each time it rained outside, it dripped inside. The Fort grounds were wet and squishy, we couldn't go to the dog park because it was flooded.

We woke up early this morning, packed up and hit the road. We put the camper back in storage, we placed a bin over the leaking vent fan and put the RV cover on. We'll caulk the leaking area but we need a couple of dry days to get up on the roof and take care of it.

Our next trip is planned for Thanksgiving, hopefully things dry out by then. It seems like this has been an especially wet summer down here in FL.

Hate to hear about the leak. Hopefully nothing big.

Hate to hear about the leak. Hopefully nothing big.
Thanks.
DH went up on the roof when we put it in storage, he said the caulking was cracked. We need to pick up some caulk and get back out to the storage area when it’s not raining, and hopefully cooler.

Thanks.
DH went up on the roof when we put it in storage, he said the caulking was cracked. We need to pick up some caulk and get back out to the storage area when it’s not raining, and hopefully cooler.

I recommend buying a heat gun and remove the old caulking instead of putting some over top of the old. Get better seal that way. I had to do this with my old TT after few years.

I always used the Dicor brand of self leveling caulk. Its highly recommended and I can give it a big thumbs up from personal experience.

Ok, arrived at the Fort yesterday afternoon about 5pm. We were "upgraded" from a FHU to Premium ... site 1216. Other than slightly larger than FHU sites we've had in the past, nothing really remarkable about it. Our site does back up to the road but road noise is not a real issue with the limited hours in the parks. We took in MK today ... no crowds ... Our longest wait was less than 10 minutes and we were back at our site, with P&J take out by 2:30pm.

We were supposed to stay until Sunday, but the rain and the heat/humidity did us in... The Fort grounds were wet and squishy, we couldn't go to the dog park because it was flooded.

We woke up early this morning, packed up and hit the road...

I feel you! I arrived Saturday morning. Site 1507 wasn't ready so brunch at Disney Springs seemed like a good plan. Serpentine lanes funneled us from the parking garage to check-points with walkie-talkied CM's before we even got to the temp screening! They have changed their policy about wearing face shields. You must now wear a mask even with a shield. People with medical issues will not be excused. (CM supervisor told me this is Disney property. Their house. Their rules.) This surprised me, since the CM who checked me in was only wearing a face shield?? :confused:
No "Magic" pixiedust:at DS ... Dodging bursts of rain and TONS of people. Arriving at 10:30 AM was apparently not "early" for the weekend. I was surprised by the crowds. Chef Al Smith's Homecoming restaurant had a 30 minute wait. There wasn/t much social distancing inside World of Disney Store... :crowded: People were reaching over each other to grab Disney masks off the rack. :scared:

I returned to Fort Wilderness tired, damp, and disillusioned. Went to the Front Desk and cancelled for the week. 😩

Well, it's Tuesday and we have reservations for Epcot, today and tomorrow. Unfortunately, the wife broke her glasses so we had to scramble to find a place that could repair the frame. Very long story short, Lens Crafters in the Florida Mall was able to repair them ... and at no charge! Finally get to Epcot around 2:30pm. Wow, the Rona has basically killed the Wine and Food Festival. Probably about one tenth the Kiosks that are usually there. We were very disappointed but we made the best of it.

Day 3 and our 2nd day at Epcot. We thought that just maybe, we missed something or weren't in our right mind yesterday ... but, no ... what we experienced yesterday was just like today ... de-ja-vu all over again :rolleyes1

And, to add insult to injury, we got a call from our neighbor concerning a tree at our house. We live near Ft. Walton Beach, about 60 miles East of where hurricane Sally made landfall. The attached pic shows where our fifth wheel would have been had we not have been at the Fort.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1600304133705.jpg
    FB_IMG_1600304133705.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 39

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter