**September 2019**

I find it amusing that so many of us September peeps (including me) are staying at POP!

POP: 15
ASSp: 4
ASmo: 3
CB: 3
CS: 2
Poly: 2
POR: 2
POFQ: 2
WL: 2
BC: 2
OKW: 2
CR: 1
CC: 1
GF: 1
YC: 1
ASMu: 1

Yes, it's possible I am wasting time on the Dis instead of cleaning the house!

LOL! We totally would have stayed at POP but the deal we got on Priceline was too good to pass up. It's by far my favorite value resort.

I really enjoy Tusker House for character dining b/c the gang is in their Safari outfits but definitely check the menu if you have picky eaters. I’m a picky adult but the children’s section of the buffet was delicious in my opinion!
We have been there a few times - but have not been for dinner in a long time. Maybe I can casually show DH some dinner reviews and sway him from Y&Y lol

Our absolute favorites are 1900 Park Fare dinner, Garden Grill, Bon Voyage, Akershus, H&V dinner, Chef Mickey’s brunch. The only character meal we do not do is Crystal palace. We had a horrible experience there 4 years ago and haven’t been back since. I thought about doing the Pixar Play zone for my two oldest and then my hubs and I take our 3 year old to dinner for a ‘mini date’ but I’m not sure.

Getting a diagnosis you weren't expecting while on vacation must have been overwhelming - but glad it was still such a great vacation.

We have never tried Bon Voyage. I might have to throw that one on the maybe pile. GG menu wasn't appealing to DH at all :\ And my 11 yo told me she strongly dislikes Akershus :confused3 I always thought it was fun and I like the meatballs.

Congrats on the DDP! For me, cooking on vacation means it's not actually a vacation! LOL!
Anyway, if I had the DDP and taking the whole family I'd be doing ALL the character meals. We love Crystal Palace, either breakfast or dinner. Very good and love Pooh and friends. We have done Garden Grill dinner twice, once with a group of 10 and once with a group of 13 and everybody really enjoyed it. Plus, Chip and Dale! Love them! 1900 Park Fair dinner is good and the evil stepmother and stepsisters are a hoot. Remember as a group of 7 you will automatically be charged 18% gratuity which can really add up, especially as character meals are quite pricey.

We are actually only going as a group of 5 this trip. For a number of reasons we decided to leave the two oldest at home and have a vacation with the younger 3 - next vacation will be back to the 7 of us so we are going to enjoy our room for 5 and no automatic gratuity (which I mean we tip anyway but it is nice tipping because you want to and not because someone made you)

And yeah cooking on vacation wasn't terrible, but it did take away from the vacation feel.

We are booked for 9/25-10/1 at Pop!
Never been in September, I’m dreading the heat (I lived there as a kid and do not miss it) but I’m also looking forward to doing a water park for the first time in 9 years!

New things we want to do: Toy Story Land (obviously), Storybook Dining, Hoop Dee Doo (I’m legit embarrassed to say we’ve never done this), either a DAH or EMM, the VR stuff at Springs, and probably more things we haven’t thought of!

I’d also like to take it easier on this trip as I’m normally VERY planned and commando, but that’s usually easier said than done for me :rotfl2:
Added to roll call.

I was like that with HDDR, finally tried it last trip since we were at Ft Wilderness, we really enjoyed it.

Good luck on taking a relaxed approach. I have to say the heat helped a bit - I was my usual commando self in the morning, then a long afternoon break and a more relaxed evening in the parks.

I find it amusing that so many of us September peeps (including me) are staying at POP!

We LOVE Pop! We have stayed there the past few years but since my son will turn 3 in July, we are no longer able to fit in a Pop room. Last year, every time we passed Goofy holding the surfboard, my kids ran up and got a picture doing some funny pose. Haha!

Just booked a 20 night stay in September (8th - 27th) staying at 3 different resorts. Boulder Ridge Villas, Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House.
4 of us for the first time this trip as our new baby is coming.
So 2 Adults, a 3yo and a 10month old.

We ALWAYS travel in September, we love it. Yes the heat can be bad, we've experienced 2 hurricaines but keep coming back in September. I actually wanted to go in November but flights from Australia were a really good price for September so we grabbed the deal and here we are.

So what souvenirs are people hoping to get on their trips??

?
I used to get an ornament each trip - but have had some bad luck with them breaking each year. Even when I switched to plastic. We are apparently incredibly tough on ornaments. I don't really have a 'must have' souvenir but have a gift card from DH to pick something out for myself when we go.

My kids are saving their pennies for one big souvenir each - one wants a build-your-own lightsaber, the other wants a banshee.
I kind of want something in the throwback design for the 90th anniversary, but not sure what form that will take yet lol
Two of my kids want the banshee, they already plan on asking for bday gift cards in March.

LOVE Pop! If they had rooms for 5 we would check it out, but we will end up just going there next time it is all 7 of us.

I haven't been since they refurbed the rooms - love all the organization help.

Just booked a 20 night stay in September (8th - 27th) staying at 3 different resorts. Boulder Ridge Villas, Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House.

We ALWAYS travel in September, we love it. Yes the heat can be bad, we've experienced 2 hurricaines but keep coming back in September. I actually wanted to go in November but flights from Australia were a really good price for September so we grabbed the deal and here we are.
Added to roll call - that is one amazing vacation!

Added to roll call - that is one amazing vacation!
You have to stay for a long time when coming from where we live. It's all up over 23 hours of flying and that's not counting all the time waiting at the airports (3 flights from where we live to Orlando) it's too tough on the kids. We've also got 5 night at HRH at Universal tacked on to the start of the vacation.
Can't wait!!
This is the first year we haven't incorporated Pop Century into our plans. We used to love Pop, and I do like the new rooms but the resort has become so overrun with people it is just too hard to relax there now. The food court has become a zoo and the lines for the buses are too much for the little kids in the heat. They are the longest every time at Pop. We've stayed at quite a few resorts and Pop lines for the bus are always the worst by far.

That's so funny. We would have chosen Pop if we went Value. But since hubby said I could book deluxe, I jumped on it before he changed his mind. :cool1:

So what souvenirs are people hoping to get on their trips??

I want to get the Orlando "You are here" Starbucks mug. I have all the current park designs.
Pin from MNSSHP.
Ear hat with my name embroidered on it. Yes, I'm 47 years old...so what?? LOL.
Sweatshirt and t-shirt.
We always get an ornament with the year on it. Usually from the Christmas shop in MK.
The last 2 trips we got a little stone animal in AK. I want another one. They're cheap, too, like $6.
Any mini plush Tsum Tsums I can find. Sure weren't able to find many last year, but maybe there will be something.

What else do I "need"?

Really the only one I am preplanning is our Christmas ornament. I'm sure I'll find something else I "need" while there but thats my main one I want to get. Although my daughter has requested I bring her a chocolate covered mickey head rice krispie treat :mickeyjum

Wow, that's an awesome trip.

This trip will be the first time my family has had the DDP in a few trips now. Last trip we had a cabin and cooked a good deal, trip before that we had QSDP. I'm excited to book some TS and have some nice leisurely, highly air conditioned meals - but I am having a hard time figuring out where we want to eat. We have so many places we want to try again, new places we want to try, and places so new I don't know when they will open or what the menu will be like (the new Space restaurant in EPCOT and the tapas place at Coronado).

Anyone looking forward to trying something new? Returning to a must do? Favorite character meals?

So far all I know for certain is I want to try the new Storybook dining at WL, and DH really wants to go back to Ohana.
Our September trip is just me and the hubs and I promised him we wouldn't be all commando! Since we are going 3 times in 2019 and went twice in 2018 I don't feel as pressured to "get everything in". So in September I have us totally relaxing at Copper Creek the entire day.....Since we're at POFQ for the last 4 nights we'll take the nice boat ride to Disney Springs and spend some time there. Even though it's only the two of us we will probably still try to do Storybook Dining. Hubby loves Grumpy! I do like to plan one thing for each trip that we haven't done before and September's trip will have us doing HDDR. Yep, never done that and I have only heard wonderful things about it. We did the dinner show thing that I think is comparable to HDDR at Disneyland several years ago but I understand WDW's version is different. We almost always include 'Ohana for dinner because it's one of our favorites! Food and Wine is always a treat too.

New things we want to do: Toy Story Land (obviously), Storybook Dining, Hoop Dee Doo (I’m legit embarrassed to say we’ve never done this), either a DAH or EMM, the VR stuff at Springs, and probably more things we haven’t thought of!
I’d also like to take it easier on this trip as I’m normally VERY planned and commando, but that’s usually easier said than done for me :rotfl2:
Same! And we're going to try HDDR too!

Good morning! Very excited :lovestrucas we just booked GF Main Bldg. CL 9/15-9/21! Also, I noticed that Halloween Party tickets are now for sale on the WDW site!
We've never gone in September as I'm sensitive to high heat and humidity and we're nervous about hurricane season, but I just couldn't turn down a great discount and the chance to go to Disney before the SWGE mania hits! Does anyone have experience going in September- is the heat tolerable, and are the crowds really as low as everyone says? Thanks so much in advance!
:thanks:

Jumping in....!
Just booked us for Sept 1 to 7, staying at CSR, our favorite. Annual trip, went last Sept and loved it.
All adult trip. Took the Sun and Fun offer, great price IMHO. The difference for the DP is not worth the extra money based on how we do Disney.
Let the countdown begin! I love that our trip to Disney is less than a year away. :flower1:

Good morning! Very excited :lovestrucas we just booked GF Main Bldg. CL 9/15-9/21! Also, I noticed that Halloween Party tickets are now for sale on the WDW site!
We've never gone in September as I'm sensitive to high heat and humidity and we're nervous about hurricane season, but I just couldn't turn down a great discount and the chance to go to Disney before the SWGE mania hits! Does anyone have experience going in September- is the heat tolerable, and are the crowds really as low as everyone says? Thanks so much in advance!
:thanks:
Adding you to roll call now :)

I have been during August and September - I highly recommend a large break in the middle of the day for swimming/restig in the AC. And hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

Jumping in....!
Just booked us for Sept 1 to 7, staying at CSR, our favorite. Annual trip, went last Sept and loved it.
All adult trip. Took the Sun and Fun offer, great price IMHO. The difference for the DP is not worth the extra money based on how we do Disney.
Let the countdown begin! I love that our trip to Disney is less than a year away. :flower1:
Adding to roll call now :welcome:

MNSSHP tickets are now available to purchase!!

Looks like it's available Friday/Monday/Friday on our trip which is the same as last year for us. We're there over Labor Day. Most of September is Sunday/Tuesday/Friday for parties. We went both Fridays last year and loved it. Wanted to go Monday, but we had EMM Tuesday and knew that would just not work out! LOL. Hopefully we can do Monday this year. And maybe the 2nd Friday, too...

Third post has been updated with MNSSHP dates. Will add planning links when they start to pop up.

Usually we try to guess party dates based on hours. Disney keeps throwing curve balls this year with the fall planning lol

Last edited:
I was surprised to see tickets already on sale for MNSSHP when I got up this morning! Now, just to decide if we should go on the 8th or the 10th. I’m hoping for EMM on the date we don’t do the party. Decisions, decisions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter