September 2018 TR- Thunderstorm Dodging, Toy Story Land Visiting

Jim, how is the new flyover looking and how is the new exit to Vista to The Fort
The flyover is nearly done. Only the southbound from World Drive is still being worked. The cutover to Vista could use better signage for the Fort. There are overhead signs that say MK Resorts directing you into the far left lanes and MK Parking right lanes, but the one saying the Fort is pretty late. If you mistakenly think the Fort is a "MK Resort", you are setup 3 lanes from where you need to be. Just like before, come up World Dr. and stay in the far right lane. You just turn before the pay booth instead of after.

j

If you mistakenly think the Fort is a "MK Resort", you are setup 3 lanes from where you need to be. Just like before, come up World Dr. and stay in the far right lane. You just turn before the pay booth instead of after.

j

Which is tough when you're over 60 feet long in traffic trying to get over several lanes in a short distance. Ugh!

Have fun, Jim. Thanks for the traffic/road update.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pics from DHS. While shopping, we saw a CM working cashier. Nothing unusual with that except she had a tail.... and didn't try to hide it.

j

giphy.gif

Jim glad to see you and Ian made it without any more complications. Happy to see your bride arrived safe and sound. Have to ask why are you showing pictures of a hot chick with with two goofy looking guys at O'Hana's

Alright, last post for this thread. I'll move over to the Community board with some Gulf Shores highlights.

But first...

TE was great. The brunch service was set up. Kind of odd seeing shrimp and roast for breakfast. We were back at the camper by 8 and on the road at 8:30. Pretty uneventful drive to GSP. We pulled in right at 3:30.

A few teasers for Michael and Ed.

Here is our setup in site 4. This is Ed's traditional site for the DIS meets.

20180908_163936-1008x567.jpg

Michael. Guess where I am?

20180908_165201-1008x567.jpg

That's right...

20180908_165155-567x1008.jpg

Then off to investigate any changes since last year.

j

Site #4 lookin' dang good.

Hope you didn't do the full Ya Ya at GIG after a TE breakfast. Your stomach might cry, "Uncle!".

Hit the pool at GSP for me.

Thanks for the updates. Glad the drive was uneventful.

ED

Glad y’all arrived @GS. Our site @ Dismeet is #3. Can’t wait for your great pictures as I did while U were @ the “FORT”!

We will be heading down tomorrow evening and spend the night near Indy. Thursday drive to somewhere north of Atlanta. Friday short drive to Lake Louisa.
Pick up cart Saturday morning and roll into The Fort.
Traveling Fire Pit, Mickey lamp, Musket Mickey sign, Fort tire cover, and bag of extortion peanuts, uh, I mean "gifts" for the squirrels are all packed.
Spent a good chunk of weekend replacing hoses and clamps on the diesel. A clamp broke on the way home from Michigan Labor Day weekend, so figured I'd replace all.
DD comes home on Friday night and says cars running rough, check engine light is on.
No biggie, only 7 hours to replace a fuel injector. Yeesh, :scared: I'm not that flexible any more.
Will report in as we progress :drive:

Hopefully no further last minute minor glitches to deal with. Kudos for your efforts with The Traveling Fire Pit part 2 this might be a good time to seek out a pass a long to as of 22 Sep 18 your projected depart for home date

Should I be worried about the weather at the Fort this weekend/Mon&Tues?

I don't see there being an issue with weather from Hurricane Flo at the Fort. The two on her heels in the carribean, well see where they go, but there is plenty of time for them.

We will be heading down tomorrow evening and spend the night near Indy. Thursday drive to somewhere north of Atlanta. Friday short drive to Lake Louisa.
Pick up cart Saturday morning and roll into The Fort.
Traveling Fire Pit, Mickey lamp, Musket Mickey sign, Fort tire cover, and bag of extortion peanuts, uh, I mean "gifts" for the squirrels are all packed.
Spent a good chunk of weekend replacing hoses and clamps on the diesel. A clamp broke on the way home from Michigan Labor Day weekend, so figured I'd replace all.
DD comes home on Friday night and says cars running rough, check engine light is on.
No biggie, only 7 hours to replace a fuel injector. Yeesh, :scared: I'm not that flexible any more.
Will report in as we progress :drive:

Safe travels and joyous times!

Should I be worried about the weather at the Fort this weekend/Mon&Tues?
Concerns from Florence shouldn't be a factor. Unless the one outlying model that has it making a hard left deep into Georgia. I will say with 100% certainty that one way or another you will have WEATHER of some sort during your stay in the Fort. I am not a meteorologist but I did stay a campground recently

Watching the Florence coverage and remembering how Irma forced cancellation of our Fort stay last year. Forecast, as far as the tropics goes anyway, looks good at this point. Prayers for all those involved on the Carolina coast today.

Wonderful night spent at Lake Louisa. Thanks Bama Ed for telling us about this place. Heading out now pick up cart and head to the Fort. Will post pictures soon

You are quite welcome, Joe. I'm looking forward to seeing your pix.

ED

20180915_082536-980x2016.jpg 20180915_082536-980x2016.jpg Apperently it loaded same pic twice. Im doing from the phone so still figuring out20180914_194049-980x2016.jpg found this guy floating near the pier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter