Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This works out so much better for me to have Pirate Night on a sea day as it takes me over 2 hours to get ready.

Theme Night - would this be Villains? Is anyone going to bring anything extra? I have a Cruella Deville costume and I'm thinking of at least bringing the wig and the shawl.

I know what you mean , Pirate night works out sooo much better for me as well .....I feel your pain about the 2 hours lol remember , I will need you this trip to help me get ready ...

pirate:

Did we decide if we were going to do Mickey Mouse tee shirts or did I miss that thread?

Hey Sue thanks - I just received this from my TA: Who knows who is right!

Theme nights for TA cruise = night 2 – formal, night 7 – formal, night 8 – theme night (cast member did not know the specific theme), night 11 – pirate night, and night 13 – semi-formal night.

I really think they will do the formal on day 2, sea day. Just my thoughts, and the birdie said so! ;)

I'd really hoped for a concrete answer before we made our ressies this weekend but thanks for trying :)

I'm doubtful that the first formal night will be a port day. My money's on Sunday at sea.

For those of you concerned about laundry- I've done laundry on every cruise that we have been on w/o any issues. But none of those were as long as this....

I have done laundry on 10 day and 15 day and no problems either. I did have to wait 20 min or so on the 15 PC, but it was not bad. I left and returned about 5 min before it was due to be moved to the dryers, waited a few min for one to open up then left again returning 5 min before dryers done. Our room was right across and down one room from the laundry so it was easy to check and find a time with not much wait. We did not have an issue with noise.

Did we decide if we were going to do Mickey Mouse tee shirts or did I miss that thread?

Im not sure:rotfl2:

But the Disney Store online have the you can personalize for about $20.oo

Eric and Jason... you'll have a blast rappelling! Ive donr the Grand Canyon and out of a helicopter! Fricking cool:yay:

Weather update: 2:35pm and it's 105 !

Ann:cool2:

Don't feel bad. I haven't either. I've always just assumed that it's basically a Klondike bar or any other generic chocolate covered vanilla ice cream bar only shaped like Mickey-----and I don't like Klondike bars and Ice Cream bars that have that semi-hard chocolate coating around vanilla ice cream....so I've always assumed/known that the Mickey Bars wouldn't appeal to me. Now when they bust out the rice krispy treats shaped like mickey??? You might see me shove 3 or 4 in my pockets and run like heck! :rotfl:

As much as I love the Mickey bars, I must confess I like the Mickey biscuits with ice-cream inside better. They are really yummy. As for the rice krispies, I could take it or leave it. :goodvibes

Here is what they looked like ...this is what my sons Destin looked like

designall-1.dll.jpeg

designall.dll.jpeg

pirate:
Oh, I have a Mickey Mouse Club hoodie. It may have shrunk though, Definitely not me putting on weight, No, It's definitely shrunk! :rotfl:

Ah, but you are in my group, just on the other forum ;) I will do the same for both forums apart from for the two families that are on the other forum and in my group on here. For them I have an alternative gift on the other forum.

Corinna

Aargh, Traitors! Didn't know there was any other forums? :confused3

The Laundry has got me a bit concerned now - i used to have the perfect system. I would wait until the kids got tired and grumpy and then say to DH "oh we are running out of clean clothing i should go and do a load of washing" faced with the option of being stuck in the cabin with grumpy kids he would always volunteer to do it and i would get the kids to lie down and we would have a nice snooze. Probably won work this time as the kids are older :sad2:

All the underwear stories have reminded me of two interesting ones.
Once going into Egypt i was travelling with my DH who was crewing the flight and as we went through customs they checked the luggage. It was fine for us but horrible for all the flight attendants as they held up their underwear and waved then around making crude comments.

now for a nicer one. When i was six months pregnant with DS i was going through an airport and set off the metal detector. However we couldn't work out what it was i had no metal at all on me (not even underwire - as advised by Dr for pregnancy) and the beep was loudest over my tummy. eventually they just decided i had been feeding the baby too much iron and sent me on my way. :rotfl:

I like your laundry plan, Think I'll use that one!
That's funny about the baby and the iron!

On to the subject of drinking urine, does anyone watch Bear? I love that show and one time, being stranded in Australia somewhere he had to drink his own urine. It was an interesting show but he explained about it being "good for you" compared to water just sitting there. Do you enjoy his show in Britain also, or maybe he isn't even on. I know after I watch his show, all the things I do NOT want to do in life.

I love Bear, such a cool name too! Just have to watch the kids, they love it too, and you know what kids are like, Monkey see, Monkey do!!!

This just in...

Formal Night:
Night 3 – Gibraltar
Night 8 – At Sea

Semi-Formal Night:
Night 13 – At Sea

Pirate Night:
Night 9 – At Sea

Theme Night:
Night 7 – At Sea

Hopefully this is it... Have asked for rotations as well, but haven't seen them as yet.

Hey Sue thanks - I just received this from my TA: Who knows who is right!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/thumbsup2.gif
Theme nights for TA cruise = night 2 – formal, night 7 – formal, night 8 – theme night (cast member did not know the specific theme), night 11 – pirate night, and night 13 – semi-formal night.

I don't think DCL knows what's going on! Maybe we should pick our own night and tell them! :thumbsup2

But just for the weekend. My inlaws are celebtaing 50 years tomorrow so we will be in central FL... I am having withdrawl... so close to WDW, and yet so far... I have PM'd jilljill and asked her to move us to part 6. Here is the link, but please don't start there until this is closed out.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36744518#post36744518

Sue

Have a safe and fun-filled trip. :goodvibes

I had posted something but it didn't post - here's my confession: I don't like Mickey Bars. If I do have one - I'll crack the chocolate off and eat the vanilla ice cream. The first time I did this, my tablemates flipped quarters for my chocolate coverings.
Thank you all so much for the input. I'm really worried about the roughness of the seas. On time in St. John (I forgot to forewarn DH about the small boatride) and he got sooo sick. He ended up jumping off the bus and laying out on the beach because he was so sick. He spent the entire tour time on the beach and barely made it back to rejoin us. Just as we were about to pull out again to get back to the main island where we were docked - he came running up. Red as a tomato but at least he made it back enought to get re-sick from the 20 minute boat ride back. And then there's the tale of him getting laid out on the tender dock at Cabo. He was so sick. But he did parasail. Sometimes I do feel sorry for him but you know.....he doesn't have to go with me.....:lmao: On second thought.....think I'll book the regatta one. ;)

The choc is the best bit!
Poor DH, Nothing worse than being sea sick, I'd rather be in labour, truly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter