Semi-formal dress

Ocean

Mouseketeer
Apologies for this topic because it has probably been covered before. I tried to use the search function to uncover past answers, but I keep getting the message that the search feature has been disabled by the administrator.

I find it interesting that tuxedo rentals are available for the "semi-formal" evenings. I've always understood that they were for truly formal events. However, since they are available, have you past cruisers seen many men actually wearing a tux? If the men in your party have rented a tux for the cruise, how was your experience with the onboard service?

While we're still anticipating our Western, we did find quite a number of trip reports and photos where the men were wearing their tux for semi-formal.

My DH & DS plan to do this. DH has his own tux and has decided since he is bringing that he is not bringing any other type of suit or jacket, just a change of accessories. DS is not one to wear this type of clothing and it is less expensive to rent for him than purchase something. Which is why he'll wear for both nights as well. A matter of convenience mainly.

Deb

I am bringing my tux on the western but only plan to wear it on formal night, I will wear a suit on semi-formal and to Palo. So if you are planning to do Palo and it is not on one of these nights he will be wearing his tux on three occasions.

We're not planning to go to Palo for dinner. I know that sounds crazy to some but we haven't on either of our previous cruises either. We are planning to try for a brunch reservation. We'd just rather have dinner in the diningroom with our kids. And it isn't that big a deal to us.

Deb

Thanks for the replies. For the 7-night western cruise, what is the schedule for the nights? How many formal, semi-formal, themed, etc?

On the Western Itinery:

Monday is Semi Formal
Thursday is Formal
Wed is Mexicali Theme night

All other nights are casual dress

- David

Are all other evenings casual regardless of which dining room that you are scheduled for? I know on the Wonder, the night(s) you are at Triton's are considered to be a little more dressy. Is this the case for Lumiere's too? Or you dress-up for the semi-formal and formal evenings and then casual for the others, even if you are scheduled for Lumiere's?

Thanks!

This is one of those areas that seems to be a matter of personal preference. We still see Lumiere's as a bit dressier, but still won't be taking the extra jacket. DS will wear nice shirt and dress pants, DH will probably take a tie to wear with dress shirt and pants.

Deb

That sounds like a good plan. I am glad that I found this thread! My husband will bring his tux, which he loves an excuse to wear, so he will probably wear it both semi-formal and formal nights. I am glad to learn that he won't be the only one if he does this. I know that he will be thrilled if he doesn't have to bring a suit in addition to the tux. And then we will count on Luminere's being a little more dressy too.

Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter