self checkout from Club Edge?

jeremy1002

Rope Dropper
Can I require my daughter have parental permission to check out from Edge, or is it policy that every kid in Edge not have permission to check out?

I don't believe there is a check out system.

They're free to go and leave as they please. There's no way for the CMs to keep tab on them or keep them at the club.

I can definitely empathize.

You would just need to work this out with your daughter. When my daughter was able to move to Edge, we made it clear that she is to stay at the club or pool/rec deck for food. And she would have to text us. She was (and still is) not allowed to be on any stateroom decks. If she need to go back to our stateroom, she would let us know and we would go with her.

Usually, her group would meet at the club or just outside the club if they wanted to hang out.

The Edge does not monitor kids leaving. They can come and go as they please. Your child can go to the Oceaneers spaces until they turn 13 so if your child is 11 or 12 and you have concerns about them coming and going from the club, then you can just have them attend Oceaneers and not give permission for self-check out.

Otherwise, you can set strict ground rules with your child. You can either use the Navigator app on a smartphone or the Wave phones for communication. Tell your child to call or text you anytime they are wanting to leave the Edge. Be aware that not all Edge activities take place in the Edge club. They sometimes go up to the sports deck, down to the D Lounge, to get ice cream from the pool deck, or even out on scavenger hunts around the ship.

Confirm with everyone else, they check in/out on their own after they graduate from the Oceaneer Club/Lab. They aren't setup to track kids. We use the DCL app with chat capability to keep in touch with the kids. When they plan to leave, they send us a message so we know where they are going. It works great as long as the kids cooperate. The DCL app chat feature has gotten better and works pretty well.

Edge does not do the same check-in/check out that the Oceaneers Club/Lab use. Our oldest was 12 on our last cruise and he was fine with coming and going to Edge. Like others, we just had him text us when he was leaving and where he was going. I think he really got a kick out of having more autonomy on the ship (and being able to hit the self-serve ice-cream without us knowing).

I was so nervous about this on the last cruise. My daughter was 11.5 and she did great! She was always were she was supposed to be (like in the room to get dressed for dinner by 5) and I had many relaxing hours.

This has been our experience as well. I think it's great for kids to have some freedom in a relatively safe environment. They learn responsibility and independence while having fun. And we've made it clear to our daughter that if she doesn't follow the rules, she doesn't get those privileges.

This has been our experience as well. I think it's great for kids to have some freedom in a relatively safe environment. They learn responsibility and independence while having fun. And we've made it clear to our daughter that if she doesn't follow the rules, she doesn't get those privileges.
I'd like to hit "like" on this post a few more times!

Perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter