• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sebastians’s Bistro Surprise

If there is something you don’t want I’m sure you could request to not have it. I think they bring you out a certain amount for the number of people
I’m your party. They would probably bring out a smaller amount than this.
We actually ate here again this weekend. The salad was a little different. It was missing h the candied walnuts and watermelon radish. The broccoli also has a nice grilled flavor this time.
Thanks! I look forward to trying so many delicious, interesting dishes !

I had Ohanas bread pudding a few days before and can confirm that Sebastians was superior. Deliciously moist with great texture.

That said, I think I caught Ohana on a bad day as I know their bread pudding has been way better. Even as recently as a month earlier.

I am trying to fit this meal into our trip - I have heard so many good things!

Great review! We have this scheduled for our Dec trip. Really excited to try it for the first time.

Let’s just say this:

On Dec 24 we had dinner there and our server was not super great, the food took over half an hour to come (even though we begged for bread - twice), they brought everything at once, and our server took forever to refill water.

We oohed and aahed over every bite. And can’t wait to return.

The next morning we went for Christmas brunch at Tapa Toros near the Orlando Eye. Great service but food was mostly just ok. Doubt we will return.

We also tried Trails End’s family style dinner for about the same price a couple of days before Sebastian’s. I would go back although my family is slightly less enthusiastic. Food was overall good (I’m still dreaming about that cornbread) but they didn’t like dessert much and were much happier when the server agreed to bring fruit too.

I think I read somewhere that you can get the bread pudding at a lounge or quick service at CBR… does anyone know if it’s true and if so, where?
Thanks! ☺️

I think I read somewhere that you can get the bread pudding at a lounge or quick service at CBR… does anyone know if it’s true and if so, where?
Thanks! ☺️
I was told at the podium that if you sit the server will sometimes let you order it but it depends on the server. Since there wasn't any sitting room I asked if I could order it at the bar to go and although they did it they weren't super happy about it. I guess YMMV! I'm not sure about the quick service but I'd be interested to know.

OK - I guess I'm going to be the negative nelly on this one. We ate there last night and I had high hopes based on this thread and other comments I'd read online. We thought it was ok. Just ok. Our service wasn't great - not terrible - but not as good as we've had other places on property recently. The best part for me was the salad. It was delicious and I wish they sold that key lime dressing in a bottle. It was so good!

The rolls are good - the spreads make them, but at the end of the day they are just rolls. The steak was so tough it was hard to cut and chew, and was very under seasoned for our taste. The pork and chicken were tasty, but didn't blow us away. The sides were fine, but again nothing special.

The bread pudding was really good, though very rich and very sweet. Neither of us finished it, as the sweetness became just a bit much after several bites.

All in all, I doubt we go back. I will say it's a great value by Disney standards. $32 pp for a massive amount of food is a great deal, but after a week of some amazing meals (Topolino's, Steakhouse 71, Homecomin', Nomad Lounge, Boathouse, Yak and Yeti and even the festival food booths in Epcot) this just didn't hold up - for us anyway. Obviously lots of people disagree and that's fine. Food is subjective and we all have different likes and dislikes. I just thought I'd add our experience to the mix.

Went last week and it was excellent. Much more of a home cooked meal feel to it than most places at wdw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter