Scooter use in park

White Rose

DIS Veteran
We are renting a scooter for me to use in DLP. I do not use one at home and only need it for multiple days of heavy walking. Are they permitted in lines? I do not plan on getting a handicap pass, because as long as I can use it to avoid multiple miles of walking I am ok to stand and move in a few lines just not all day for every ride. I just want to get a feel for how it will work in DLP.

Will I have any problems? I can move okay to get into a ride.

Most lines in Disneyland Paris are not accessible for wheelchairs and scooters. They will send you to the exit / alternative entrance to get in.

I am not 100% sure how it works without a priority card or easy access card, but I assume it is not going to be a problem, there must be more people with mobility issues who use a wheelchair and cannot stand (for a long time) in line.

Most lines in Disneyland Paris are not accessible for wheelchairs and scooters. They will send you to the exit / alternative entrance to get in.

I am not 100% sure how it works without a priority card or easy access card, but I assume it is not going to be a problem, there must be more people with mobility issues who use a wheelchair and cannot stand (for a long time) in line.
Thank you. My husband is concerned with long waits, I try my best. After Disney, we are going to do a day in Versailles. Lots of walking!! I have good days and bad days..hoping to avoid more bad days. This is my 50th birthday trip and I am going to make the best of it.

We might pay for individual rides if there is a long wait and we cannot use the alternate entrance. Thank you!

Thank you. My husband is concerned with long waits, I try my best. After Disney, we are going to do a day in Versailles. Lots of walking!! I have good days and bad days..hoping to avoid more bad days. This is my 50th birthday trip and I am going to make the best of it.

We might pay for individual rides if there is a long wait and we cannot use the alternate entrance. Thank you!

I can't really help with the scooter at DLP but at Versailles is you plan to tour the gardens and the outer buildings you can rent a golf cart. I think you can do so before you visit (not 100%) on this. I think it would be really helpful, we have gone to Versailles twice and didn't rent one either time and regretted it both times.

We are renting a scooter for me to use in DLP. I do not use one at home and only need it for multiple days of heavy walking. Are they permitted in lines? I do not plan on getting a handicap pass, because as long as I can use it to avoid multiple miles of walking I am ok to stand and move in a few lines just not all day for every ride. I just want to get a feel for how it will work in DLP.

Will I have any problems? I can move okay to get into a ride.
I went to DLP in May of 2019 and we and electric wheelchair for my Mom and you have to go to guest services to get a pass to be able to use the alternate entrance. It is very different from the US parks where you don't need any pass. They will ask you about why you need to use the mobility device before they give you the pass. It is a bit annoying but just know that you need it and they may give you a return time.

Using the scooter should make your life a lot easier just be aware that you need to get the pass for it.

I went to DLP in May of 2019 and we and electric wheelchair for my Mom and you have to go to guest services to get a pass to be able to use the alternate entrance. It is very different from the US parks where you don't need any pass. They will ask you about why you need to use the mobility device before they give you the pass. It is a bit annoying but just know that you need it and they may give you a return time.

Using the scooter should make your life a lot easier just be aware that you need to get the pass for it.
I thought I read the pass was only given if you are a disabled vet, on ss disability, or have a handicap placard/license plate in the us. I do not have that.

Also in WDW I went through the queue and did not go to an alt entrance except for jungle cruise, where we were told to come back in 20 min, the posted wait time and the person had us walk in, pirates and Peter pan where we were told to park the scooter and use a manual wheelchair. I decided to walk the queue in Peter pan. We were told using the exit was only for people with a medical pass and we had to use the queue. Jungle cruise is too tight to fit the scooter.

Last edited:
I thought I read the pass was only given if you are a disabled vet, on ss disability, or have a handicap placard/license plate in the us. I do not have that.

Also in WDW I went through the queue and did not go to an alt entrance except for jungle cruise, where we were told to come back in 20 min, the posted wait time and the person had us walk in, pirates and Peter pan where we were told to park the scooter and use a manual wheelchair. I decided to walk the queue in Peter pan. We were told using the exit was only for people with a medical pass and we had to use the queue. Jungle cruise is too tight to fit the scooter.
Yeah, it is completely different at DLP. Very few ques have room for a scooter and to use the alternate entrance you need a pass. And yes, they usually ask for a medical diagnosis card there but you can just tell them you need it for mobility. But you will NOT be able to go in any lines with the scooter without the pass.

We learned it the hard way after being turned away at a few lines and had to walk back to guest services to get the pass. I'm sure you will be able to get it but it does take a little time. In the US you would not be eligible for a pass and they would just put you in the alternate entrance as needed.

That is why I wanted to mention this to you as it is very different.

Yeah, it is completely different at DLP. Very few ques have room for a scooter and to use the alternate entrance you need a pass. And yes, they usually ask for a medical diagnosis card there but you can just tell them you need it for mobility. But you will NOT be able to go in any lines with the scooter without the pass.

We learned it the hard way after being turned away at a few lines and had to walk back to guest services to get the pass. I'm sure you will be able to get it but it does take a little time. In the US you would not be eligible for a pass and they would just put you in the alternate entrance as needed.

That is why I wanted to mention this to you as it is very different.
I thought they did not offer passes in DLP for anyone if you do not have handicap card etc.

Would the same be true for a rollator? I’ve always used a scooter at WDW and will definitely need an assistive device of some kind. Trying to figure out what my best option will be.

I thought they did not offer passes in DLP for anyone if you do not have handicap card etc.
Maybe contact them. I'm not sure why this would be the case. If you need to use a mobility device and the lines don't accommodate them I don't see why they wouldn't give you a card. The card is just for use at Disney.

Online? That's great news I can't belive I hadn't known this earlier, thanks a bunch
You're welcome! I just did a search as I was looking for the information for the OP but yeah, that is great not to have to take time at the parks to get the pass. It is a shame that they make you get a pass for mobility issues when you maybe don't have a disability.

Maybe contact them. I'm not sure why this would be the case. If you need to use a mobility device and the lines don't accommodate them I don't see why they wouldn't give you a card. The card is just for use at Disney.
I will try that. Bbuuut the official site says you must have one of the following…
  1. Disability card issued by the US Department of Veterans Affairs
  2. Parking Card for Disabled People
  3. Other official disability documents issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs
  4. Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD)
  5. Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  6. VA Disability Compensation Benefits
  7. Parking Badge; permanent or temporary
  8. Access pass : America The Beautiful

The card would also give you access to dedicated seating for shows & fireworks, maybe that is the difference when you rent a wheelchair/scooter, but don't have a disability card.

I would say, prepare for the worst, hope for the best and report back your experiences.

I will try that. Bbuuut the official site says you must have one of the following…
  1. Disability card issued by the US Department of Veterans Affairs
  2. Parking Card for Disabled People
  3. Other official disability documents issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs
  4. Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD)
  5. Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  6. VA Disability Compensation Benefits
  7. Parking Badge; permanent or temporary
  8. Access pass : America The Beautiful
I agree that is what the site says... It would be nice if they made it more clear that you need a pass for the wheelchair entrance. It was a bit of a pain but they gave it to my Mom after a few minutes. And she has none of those items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter