Saw POTC yesterday

TimNDansMom

DIS Veteran
The boys and I went to the matinee and I have to say what a delightfully fun and entertaining movie! Even they thoroughly enjoyed it.

Johnny Depp was absolutely riveting as the pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow. For that matter, so was Orlando Bloom!! And Geoffrey Rush was a terrific pirate ~ I hardly recognized him. The pirate special effects were excellent and even more so during the moonlight battle scenes. We also had a good chuckle over scenes so obviously taken straight from the ride.

Anyone else see it yet?

We have a big family night out planned for tommorrow to see it. The kids are so excited.

But glad to hear it is as good as the trailers!

DD does not want to see it because of the skeletons! Maybe next Saturday when she is at a sleepover!

Scratch
:smooth:

I shall see it sometime ~ anything with Orlando Bloom in it will be great ~ what a hottie! ;)

I'm going to see it either Tuesday or Saturday :p Are there any references to the ride?

I've seen it twice already :p We absolutely loved it!!!

There were MANY references to the ride:

SPOILER, don't read if you don't want to know...

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-Parts of the YO HO song was sung, the treasure rooms were in the movie the prisoners in the jail with the dog was also in the movie.

-We also noticed the redhead, Scarlett ("we wants the red-head", our 2nd fave line from the ride) and the rather large brunette ("show 'em your larbored side").

Also the whole scene of the pirates from the Black Pearl invading Port Royale, there were a few scenes there from the movie, the men & women chasing each other, the fires in the window etc.

And when he found his friend in Tortuga sleeping with the pigs, that was from the ride as well.

When Sparrow & Will go into the cave on Isla de Muerta There was also a (dead) skeleton (not the cursed ones) laying face down in some sand clutching for treasure with a sword in his back, which was also in the ride.

Oh and one of my faves, the parrot saying "dead men tell no tales"

I wore my POC t-shirt to the movie and it has that line on the back of the shirt!

PS-stay to the end of the movie, after the credits for a very small clip.

Thanks for listing all the similarities to the ride, Cass. It will be fun to go on the POTC ride next time and look for all the movie shots. I'm thinking of going to see it again too.

I was the only one to stay right until the end of the credits, mainly because I thought the music score was so great! I also like to read the credits and see where the movie is filmed etc. I'm glad I did ~ wasn't expecting an extra bit at the end! LOL Dan and Tim went to wait for me in the theatre's lobby, so missed out.

Sandra, I kept thinking that about Orlando Bloom all the way through the movie! :teeth:

I found this great website where you can view the trailer, clips and behind the scenes from the movie:POTC

Just got back and it was AMAZING. We all could have stayed right in our seats to watch it again. Johnny Depp was perfect, and Orlando Bloom, I could have stared at him all night. Everyone in our theatre clapped when it was over. We all decided to go back again and now that I hear we missed something at the end it is a done deal.

We saw the movie yesterday afternoon and thought it was great. Loved the scene with the dog and the keys from the ride. We usually stay to watch the credit and thought the end part was cute although just as it came on the theatre turned on the lights which wasn't great but oh well. Well worth seeing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter