Save $450 at Silver Lake vs Sheraton Vistana or Hilton Seaworld

Kristinekr

Earning My Ears
Hello,

We are planning a family vacation the week after Thanksgiving. I’m hoping I can get some help as to which resort to pick.

I can get a week at Silver Lake for $400. Or, I can use my points and for approximately $850, get a week at Sheraton Vistana or Hiltonvacation club at sea world.

I would love to save the money. However, it is within budget to pay the extra if one of the other two resorts would be a better choice.

What is important to us is an updated living space, a nice view, and proximity to Walt Disney World, and a balcony.

However, we would prefer a nicer updated space even if it meant a few extra minutes to Walt Disney World.

Any thoughts?

We've stayed at the Sheraton Vistana and Silver Lake before. Vistana is a much larger resort than Silver Lake, with more pools and amenities, but they are equally as "updated". We prefer Silver Lake because of it's proximity to AK and easy access to WDW property. Add in the fact that it's a $450 savings and that would seal the deal for me.

Silver Lake is awesome. I just got back from my second stay this month there. :rolleyes1 We've been staying there for about a year now, since WDW resorts became super hard to book on short notice. I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with it. Great location and VERY reasonably priced.

You'll probably like Silver Lake very much for reasons listed above. We own timeshare weeks at both Silver Lake and Sheraton Vistana Resort. We prefer to stay at Vistana ourselves, and generally trade our Silver Lake, but they are pretty close (after all, we bought them both). Silver Lake is one notch down the quality and amenities scale from SVR, but at $450 less, that is an amazingly good deal and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the resort.

I definitely liked the Vistana more and think it’s a step up in all categories, but Silver Lake was fine and a great deal. I would definitely stay there for $400 and the location is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!