San Juan, PR Disembarkation

KKKKCS

Mouseketeer
We are booked on our first Royal Caribbean cruise in September. Our airline just informed us that our departure from San Juan has changed from 1:56pm to 9:22am. Having never cruised Royal before, or experienced their disembarkation process, Do you think we can make it off the ship and to the airport in time for a 9:22am flight??????????

If all the stars are in perfect alignment you might make it. To have a hope of making that flight you need the ship to dock on time (it does 99% of the time, but issues do happen), haul your luggage off yourself/or hope that you luggage is not MIA in its claim area, hope the customs line is moving, hope that USDA has all its scanners working (they have to scan your luggage before you can get your airline baggage tags, look for the scanners as soon as you walk into the airport) and pray that the TSA line is moving.

We came back from an RCL cruise that disembarked in San Juan last month. It took us an hour to get off the boat, pick up our luggage, clear customs (I got in the customs line while DH got our luggage, saved us 5 minutes) and get to the airport. Even with TSA precheck it took us 25 minutes to get through that line. Lesson learned that day: be prepared to use - and tip - the porters at the cruise terminal, you get through customs faster.

I would suggest looking online to see what other flight options your airline has that day. If there is something that works better for you, call your airline and request the change. I have done this in the past when their changes cause issues like this.

Thanks for the info! I just called and changed our flights home. Last thing we want is to be stressed out getting off the ship. Cruises are supposed to be relaxing, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter