San Diego Mini Trip Report... April '13

Great Trip report.

I was able to surprise my DH with a visit to Slater's, and loved that you could not see if from the street. He did not know where we were until we walked in.

The walkway from Easy Street to the Pandas is Fern Trail. Great shortcut, but be careful in the early morning, as this pathway can be slippery.

If you visit the Zoo in the next 3 weeks, there is some construction going on at the Panda Exhibit, so you will find Bai Yun and Mr. Woo on exhibit right behind the Gift Shop.

When you go back to the Zoo try Alberts Restaurant - food is great (and is the only restaurant my DH will go to at the Zoo). For SW try either Ship Wreck Rapids (across from the entrace to the water ride) - awesome roast beef sandwich and ribs or Calypso Bay, by Pet Rules and the Dolphin Show - food is good, but love the roast beef sandwich at SWR.

Great food pics. I totally want to try the Hash House now. Looks like a great vacation!

Thanks! When we go back to SD there are so many other restaurants I would like to try out but I would also want to go back to Hash House and Slater's (and Phil's!) :goodvibes

We were in San Diego in August for DS deployment. We loved Slaters but Phils was packed when we tried to go there.

I love San Diego and would love to try some of the restaurants you mentioned, and your hotel sounded great too! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the report...We will be going to San Diego in July for DH's business trip and are staying extra days for another vacation. Who would have thought I found it on the DisBoards???:rotfl:

Thanks for the T/R ...we go to SD every other year so it was great to hear about the places you visited!

Thanks everyone for the nice replies! We hope to go down again in Oct and do all (or some) the things we missed the first time :goodvibes

dpswift Phil's gets busy super fast! We got there when there was no line and not 10 minutes later it was going around the corner of the building! But it looked like the line moved fast, worth the wait ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter